Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Texans at Jets: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Texans: RB D'Onta Foreman, WR Keke Coutee, WR Vyncint Smith, CB Deante Burton, OT Roderick Johnson, DE Carlos Watkins, DE Joel Heath

Jets: WR Quincy Enunwa, WR Deontay Burnett, CB Derrick Jones, DB Jeremy Clark, OL Ben Braden, DL Folorunso Fatukasi, LB Jeremiah Attaochu

man this game is going to have to work hard to not be a stinker

I love how a lot of people wrote off Darnold already as just a guy or not very good.

Youngest opening day starter at QB....ever. and he hasnt been bad this year. Yet Baker is the next coming.

I love how a lot of people wrote off Darnold already as just a guy or not very good.

Youngest opening day starter at QB....ever. and he hasnt been bad this year. Yet Baker is the next coming.

He may be the youngest but hes

darn old.

Darnold has the talent to be good one day, but right now his QBR is 34 vs Baker's 54, not even close.

Darnold has the talent to be good one day, but right now his QBR is 34 vs Baker's 54, not even close.

Yeah, its really not close. Check tape, check stats. Baker>Darnold for now.

The only first round QB of the five who really hasn't flashed at some point is Dr. Rosen Rosen.

The only first round QB of the five who really hasn't flashed at some point is Dr. Rosen Rosen.

Allen has flashed more with his legs. His accuracy and ability to read defense is as advertised thus far. Below average even for a rookie. Had all the tools though that was never the question.

Reminder Sam Darnold is more than 2 years younger than Baker Mayfield. Darnold was youngest Week 1 starting QB in NFL history. Even amid expected rookie ups & downs in terrible situation, QB mavens @tonyromo @BruceArians @danorlovsky7 have continued to sing Darnold's praises.

Evan Silva

• Like 1

McGuire with the Rugby Scrum TD to salvage a tough day for owners.

Darnold has been playing with that leg or foot injury all year. He can barely walk when going in and out of the huddle.

Allen has flashed more with his legs. His accuracy and ability to read defense is as advertised thus far. Below average even for a rookie. Had all the tools though that was never the question.

I am very surprised at Allen's level of play. The Bills are dreadful, but he's kept them in games. Did not see him doing this in year one.

Disagree with this. Allens accuracy has actually been pretty good, he just doesnt take enough easy/short completions and his wrs are nobodies.

Kicking myself so hard...decided not to overthink kickers and held on to Rosas when someone crazily dropped Fairbarn this week. If I had picked him up...Fairbarn/Jackson/Hopkins to start the week is one helluva way to gain ground on the leaders.

Reminder Sam Darnold is more than 2 years younger than Baker Mayfield. Darnold was youngest Week 1 starting QB in NFL history. Even amid expected rookie ups & downs in terrible situation, QB mavens @tonyromo @BruceArians @danorlovsky7 have continued to sing Darnold's praises.

Evan Silva

So hes a year younger than Baker. What does that matter?

Chris Weinke was a 27 year old rookie, and mostly sucked.

We get it, you like Darnold. No one is doubting his potential, but he isnt on Bakers level right now. Watch their game against each other Week 3, Baker got the job done, Darnold did not. Period.

We get it, you like Darnold. No one is doubting his potential, but he isnt on Bakers level right now. Watch their game against each other Week 3, Baker got the job done, Darnold did not. Period.

Baker has definitely outplayed him this year and continues to ascend.

They just flashed some interesting stats on the pregame:

Since the coaching change one week 9 Baker is:

#4 in passer rating

#7 in TD passes

#1 in yds/attempt

#3 in completion %

Plus, he just has IT.

Having said that, I expect him to struggle against the Broncos D.

Kicking myself so hard...decided not to overthink kickers and held on to Rosas when someone crazily dropped Fairbarn this week. If I had picked him up...Fairbarn/Jackson/Hopkins to start the week is one helluva way to gain ground on the leaders.

I started Willaims/Jackson/Hopkins.

Fairbain is killing me

Me too. I have DeShaun Watson but opponent has Fairbain and D Hopkins.

Baker is more of a finished product coming out.

Not sure why you are getting all hostile. Im just saying alot of people write off Darnold like they expect the world from a young rookie on a bad bad team. People judge rookies too quick.

Darnold was my top QB coming out. I was hoping the Bills and not the Jets would have pushed harder to go up and get him.

Baker is more of a finished product coming out.

What does that mean?

Im not hostile, I just think you are comparing apples to oranges.