Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Are you ready to die -- today?

I want you be alive. I want you to be alive. You dont gotta die today. You dont gotta die.

In all seriousness, years ago when I was first doing college classes while in the military I did an online art appreciation course. Submitted a project we had due that was a major part of the grade. Still had about 4-6 weeks left in the class. Guy was usually prompt about grading and giving us assignments. Well its getting close to the end of the week and nothing new has been posted for us to do nor has any grades been entered. Finally I get an email from someone from the college saying to call a number they gave me.

I called the number and a girl answers. Tell her who I am and say I got an email saying to call them. Shes like oooooh yea. Your professor died. Im like hold up wait a minute how did this happen? Apparently he was found in his office face down on his desk. Died from a heart attack. So she said they were just gonna grade the project and that was gonna be it. Never had that happen before and never thought it would happen

So, don't plan for it? It really isn't that difficult to get a policy and the price is not that much.

I guess its a personal decision to an extent. Im not pissing away money for 20 years just so Im completely 100% set or even better off in the unlikely event that my wife gets hit by a bus or something.

Now if I were planning to push her in front of said bus... :lol:

I guess its a personal decision to an extent. Im not pissing away money for 20 years just so Im completely 100% set or even better off in the unlikely event that my wife gets hit by a bus or something.

Now if I were planning to push her in front of said bus... :lol:

It is always a personal decision. I don't see it being any different than having an insurance policy on you. It may be just a different amount that the policy is for.

Social Security death benefit might be the best thing about the entire program.

Scary stuff, life is short, do what makes you happy. Let women sweat the small stuff like they always do, Im done with that crap. Who focking cares if the bed isnt made? We are just going to get back in it.

I'm wondering what the % of people who croak like this because they haven't been to their doctor.

Man, I pay health insurance and I use it. I've had ever test that I can think of to make sure I get to collect SS for 20+ years. Stress test twice, MRI of brain, MRI of all vital organs. Every year I get my blood & urine tested. I'm getting my $'s worth.

You're likely getting unnecessary tests, which not only waste $ but also set you up for unwarranted procedures with potential for complications.

If any of you had a clue you would realize how efficient and important life insurance is. A lot of stupid being discussed. If anyone wants real answers feel free to pm me.

My wife and I both have good jobs, with disability and supplemental disability insurance. We have no debt or dependents. Why should we invest in life insurance?

My wife and I both have good jobs, with disability and supplemental disability insurance. We have no debt or dependents. Why should we invest in life insurance?

You don’t need to. But not everyone is well off like you and a lot of families would be screwed if they lost a key member.

You don’t need to. But not everyone is well off like you and a lot of families would be screwed if they lost a key member.

I understand that. I'm just interested if there is anything I'm missing - my insurer tried the old "it will help offset funeral expenses" line, which I think is pretty ridiculous.

All life insurance isn't used as an investment. Let's get that out right front and center.

Now, YOU may not need life insurance, but a lot of insurance planning is done from a business and or estate planning perspective. Not just covering debt or leaving your wife spending money when your gone.

I understand that. I'm just interested if there is anything I'm missing - my insurer tried the old "it will help offset funeral expenses" line, which I think is pretty ridiculous.

That is ridiculous.

One final thing. Today you may not need the life insurance, but tomorrow you may. One strategy is guaranteeing your insurability with a term policy that can be converted later if necessary.

I'm ready for some of you to die today.

This couldn't be left unnoticed- good stuff

You're likely getting unnecessary tests, which not only waste $ but also set you up for unwarranted procedures with potential for complications.

No, I got a great doctor.

No, I got a great doctor.

Hopefully you're right, but a lot of patients who get "VIP care" believe their doctor is acting in their best interest by ordering a bunch of tests, when the reality is such care causes harm. There is rarely an indication for multiple stress tests, for example, and many include radiation exposure which isn't inconsequential.

One final thing. Today you may not need the life insurance, but tomorrow you may. One strategy is guaranteeing your insurability with a term policy that can be converted later if necessary.

Thanks for your response.

All life insurance isn't used as an investment. Let's get that out right front and center.

Now, YOU may not need life insurance, but a lot of insurance planning is done from a business and or estate planning perspective. Not just covering debt or leaving your wife spending money when your gone.

Life insurance is a horrible investment. By definition you are supposed to come out a loser. You should be paying some amount every month for 10, 20, 30 years and get absolutely nothing for it (assuming term life insurance).

If the presumption was you were going to die during that time and a huge payout would occur then they wouldnt insure you. Or youd be insured at prohibitive rates.

With the crap youre trying to sell in this thread I can tell you must be an insurance guy and a not very ethical one at that :thumbsdown:

Life insurance is a horrible investment. By definition you are supposed to come out a loser. You should be paying some amount every month for 10, 20, 30 years and get absolutely nothing for it (assuming term life insurance).

If the presumption was you were going to die during that time and a huge payout would occur then they wouldnt insure you. Or youd be insured at prohibitive rates.

With the crap youre trying to sell in this thread I can tell you must be an insurance guy and a not very ethical one at that :thumbsdown:

I'm puzzled by your reply. Thanks for caring though.

Its not the PRESUMPTION youre going to die...i.e. cancer, etc.....its if i get hit by a bus tomorrow.