Sign in to follow this  
DBZFan2K

Chris Benoit and his family found dead in their home

Amazingly pathetic. Actual condolences in this thread for some fake celebrity, and nothing but jokes in the one about the girl being amputated by the Six Flags ride.

Wrasslers whole family??? I went to school with Mike Lockwood (Crash Holly) that tragedy really hit hometown. I feel for these peoples families.

Damn, I didn't know Crash died. :banana:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/v2/wi/stc/nws/.../25/24690.shtml

We're being told tonight that police were dispatched to the Benoit home after receiving a call from WWE officials who were concerned that they were not able to get in touch with Benoit.

We're also told that police found the bodies at around 4pm local time and that police would not say how the family died other than they were not shot to death. It could have been carbon monoxide but we do NOT want to speculate on anything.

WTF is a "Fake" Celebrity?????

Would you prefer make believe athlete? Semi-star of a phony sport?

Would you prefer make believe athlete? Semi-star of a phony sport?

What is the difference between them and an actor or entertainer? Are movies phony or did Clint Eastwood really shoot up all the bad guys?

What is the difference between them and an actor or entertainer? Are movies phony or did Clint Eastwood really shoot up all the bad guys?

:banana:

Except when rasslers make a mistake, there's no second takes. And actors don't have thousands of people chanting "You f*cked up" after a mistake.

Amazingly pathetic. Actual condolences in this thread for some fake celebrity, and nothing but jokes in the one about the girl being amputated by the Six Flags ride.

Such is life with white trash :banana:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/v2/wi/stc/nws/.../25/24690.shtml

We're being told tonight that police were dispatched to the Benoit home after receiving a call from WWE officials who were concerned that they were not able to get in touch with Benoit.

We're also told that police found the bodies at around 4pm local time and that police would not say how the family died other than they were not shot to death. It could have been carbon monoxide but we do NOT want to speculate on anything.

Everything I have read about this sayes muder-suicide or homicide. I don't think carbon monoxide would kill all three at the same time. Just sayin.

Everything I have read about this sayes muder-suicide or homicide. I don't think carbon monoxide would kill all three at the same time. Just sayin.

It would if you didnt know it was present and you went to bed for the night.

It would if you didnt know it was present and you went to bed for the night.

Yeah, but it doesn't fit with Benoit missing the PPV because of a family emergency. If it was CO, at least the kid would have been dead before Benoit got home.

When the truth about this story comes out, it's going to be crazy.

My guess is that Benoit or his wife cheated and the other couldn't handle it.....or that Benoit got involved in gambling, drugs, gangs, or something related.

So far, this doesn't add up.

Yeah, but it doesn't fit with Benoit missing the PPV because of a family emergency. If it was CO, at least the kid would have been dead before Benoit got home.

If you left an event you were really supposed to be at (and probably stood to make a lot of money from) to fly home because of a family emergency, and found your whole family to be seriously ill when you got there, would you just figure "ah, it'll be okay" and go to bed? It seems to me that most anyone in that situation would take the whole family straight to the hospital.

I doubt it was carbon monoxide poisoning. Its possible, yes, but very unlikely.

If you left an event you were really supposed to be at (and probably stood to make a lot of money from) to fly home because of a family emergency, and found your whole family to be seriously ill when you got there, would you just figure "ah, it'll be okay" and go to bed? It seems to me that most anyone in that situation would take the whole family straight to the hospital.

I doubt it was carbon monoxide poisoning. Its possible, yes, but very unlikely.

Maybe the "fly home" portion was just a WWE storyline, when in fact he never showed up to the PPV, so they were trying to cover it? :banana:

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

Seems they are pretty certain about what happened.

Maybe the "fly home" portion was just a WWE storyline, when in fact he never showed up to the PPV, so they were trying to cover it? :dunno:

Could be onto something there, especially since it was apparently the WWE that asked for the police to look in on the home in the first place.

Also:

"Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons. "

That makes it sound like he never showed up in the first place.

fox news just reported BENOIT killed his family ! Said it was still speculative but thats what they are saying he killed his wife and his little boy..

and WWE is doing a show to commemorate that sick focking bastard - ( granted they have no clue what happened ) If true which it likley is I hope that POS rots in hell !

fox news just reported BENOIT killed his family ! Said it was still speculative but thats what they are saying he killed his wife and his little boy..

and WWE is doing a show to commemorate that sick focking bastard - ( granted they have no clue what happened ) If true which it likley is I hope that POS rots in hell !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_...s/wrestler_dead

For their sake, I hope they didn't jump the gun. For his family's sake, I hope they did.

Doesn't look like they were off. Wow. The guy was a day away from another major title run, something he would normally consider very important to him..to go home and do that?

Also, yeah, this is even worse for the wrestling business. Another black eye, and now WWE will look even worse for their memorial to him (in which they barely mentioned anything for his wife and kid) and it turns out that he did it. Looks like 'doing the right thing' (cancelling the event, remembering the deceased) actually backfired.

POLICE SUSPECT MURDER-SUICIDE IN BENOIT DEATHS

By: Bob Ryder

6/25/2007 11:16:09 PM

Police investigating the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and his son Daniel, are working under the assumption that the deaths were a result of a muder-suicide.

Sources tell 1Wrestling.com that police were dispatched to the Benoit home after receiving a call from WWE officials who were concerned they could not reach Benoit by phone. When police arrived, we are told they did not find any sign of forced entry or anything out of the ordinary outside the house. Inside, they found the bodies of the Benoit family.

Autopsy results are expected on Tuesday and police are expected to make a statement sometime during the day tomorrow

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29033 : :dunno:

My guess is his wife called him and told him she was leaving, and taking the kid. He snapped, came home, killed them, then himself. :dunno:

I am thinking he found out his wife was cheating on him - either she told him or he found out ??? He flew home right away on friday - he flips out maybe accidently kills his wife in rage. Once he realizes what he just did totally wigs out and decides to off everyone including himself.

I am thinking he found out his wife was cheating on him - either she told him or he found out ??? He flew home right away on friday - he flips out maybe accidently kills his wife in rage. Once he realizes what he just did totally wigs out and decides to off everyone including himself.

MAN I wish I could have been there to see that crazy sh!!!. Wooh!!! T&P's though, T&P's.

My guess is his wife called him and told him she was leaving, and taking the kid. He snapped, came home, appied the German suplex and sharpshooter, killing both, then himself. :dunno:

of all the wrestlers that ive heard stories of...he wasnt one..he seemed to be the only real wrestler in a world of wrestling entertainers..a dean malenko-type...

did Vince say a word or 2 about Chris? that wouldve been a nice touch..

oh wait..hes pretending to be dead..a story that quite a few wrestlers are hating...but how do they get out of that story NOW?...death isnt really funny..

Even if it was in a rage, he didn't kill himself until at least a day later according to their investigation. Killing them in a rage is definetly possible though, considering no shooting or stabbing. Wonder why he killed his kid or what state of mind he was in when he did.

of all the wrestlers that ive heard stories of...he wasnt one..he seemed to be the only real wrestler in a world of wrestling entertainers..a dean malenko-type...

did Vince say a word or 2 about Chris? that wouldve been a nice touch..

oh wait..hes pretending to be dead..a story that quite a few wrestlers are hating...but how do they get out of that story NOW?...death isnt really funny..

McMahon actually made the opening remarks explaining what happened and how they were doing a 3-hour memorial.

Even if it was in a rage, he didn't kill himself until at least a day later according to their investigation. Killing them in a rage is definetly possible though, considering no shooting or stabbing. Wonder why he killed his kid or what state of mind he was in when he did.

McMahon actually made the opening remarks explaining what happened and how they were doing a 3-hour memorial.

oops....i missed reading that in this thread...i didnt catch RAW til an hour in...

this may be the way for WWE to just dump the vince thing and pretend it didnt happen..its spooky that on a vince fake death memorial show, it ends up being a real one...

Killing his kid is the hardest part to fathom.

u beat me to it....i dont care how much rage is inside u..how can u kill your 7 year old son?...

..its spooky that on a vince fake death memorial show, it ends up being a real one...

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind when I looked at the tv guide. Apparently the McMahon angle was going to be turned into a real goofy storyline, between unhappy wrestlers and another wrestling death (Sherry Martel) a week earlier.

Wow, I think this is probably what happened. Maybe she threatened to take the kids away and ruin his life, take his money, whatever.

This just blows me away. He was always one of my favorites but in an environment that is rampant with drugs and steroids, this isn't a huge shock.

About the steroid thing: For another wrestler, I wouldn't be surprised. But Benoit wasn't one of those huge guys. He was under 6 feet tall, and about 230 pounds. He relied more on holds and and some striking moves than raw power.

About the steroid thing: For another wrestler, I wouldn't be surprised. But Benoit wasn't one of those huge guys. He was under 6 feet tall, and about 230 pounds. He relied more on holds and and some striking moves than raw power.

5foot whatever and 230= roids.

have you even bothered to see a picture of him :dunno:

and yes, I know you've seen him, I was just sayin it to say it.

That dude was straight jacked!!! definatly juiced.

Given that everything is speculative at this point isn't it possible that it could be like the Phil Hartman situation, where the wife was the guilty party? I mean, until the facts actually come out who knows what happened?

Given that everything is speculative at this point isn't it possible that it could be like the Phil Hartman situation, where the wife was the guilty party? I mean, until the facts actually come out who knows what happened?

Considering authorities believe he killed them on the weekend then himself on Monday...that probably means the bodies showed enough evidence of being killed at different times to rule that possibility out.

you tapped out

you tapped out

you tapped out

:dunno:

Somewhere between 1990 and now, you seemed to have forgotten that "Pro-Wrestling" isn't real.

He relied on the script, not holds and striking.