Sign in to follow this  
CantTouchThis

*Official* 2016/17 NBA season thread *Official*

:lol: You also said you were fairly sure the Nets would be better than the Sixers. How's that working out for you?

I did?

im pretty sure I took a sig bet with you and flat out told you I expected to lose but that a sig bet was meaningless to me to we could have some fun. :dunno:

I mean feel free to pull up a quote or something

I've been saying this for the last month or so but I don't want any part of the Wizards in the playoffs.

I can see them giving Cleveland all they want.

See, I can even admit when Im wrong.

but you like being a die hard fan of a team that does nothing but tank and is a laughingstock?

buddy,

anyone on this board can tell you I am a KG fan first and a Nets fan 2nd as my hometown team. You yourself know that I have readily admitted the Nets swung for the fences when they were already a playoff team and they whiffed.

Its still better than constantly wearing homer glasses like you do. All you did was sing hinkies praises. He bailed. Your team tanks year after year and youre left with a log jam of old school and/or offensively challenged big men and NO guards in a guard centric league. Im really happy you got Simmons but lets see him do something in the NBA first because right now i'd rather have KAT.....

hopefully philly makes some smart trades to build a balanced roster. i'd probably be willing to bet when the dust settles, Brooklyn finishes with a better record

but I cant find the thread where you challenged me to a sig bet because im pretty sure I said I did not expect to win it.

I mean after years and years of tanking, the Sixers have to finally start winning some games right? And I have always talked about the Nets without homer goggles. I've admitted their swing for the fences trade with Boston wasn't worth it and I've admitted they are in a hole right now with not a lot of talent.

but back to talking actual basketball, I am so glad the Nets fleeced the Wizards into giving them a 1st for Bogdanovic. What an awful player. Just goes to show you that teams will give almost anything for the hint of a sharp shooter even if he is horribly streaky and doesn't offer anything else on the court.

cool, thanks, so like I said, I agreed with you completely about this year

cool, thanks, so like I said, I agreed with you completely about this year

And like I said the Sixers will win 25-30 games and Brooklyn will be the worst team in the league. Looks like I nailed it. :thumbsup:

No, my teams worse. Nuh-uh, my teams worse.

Trust the process.

:lol:

he's a fan of whatever city Lebron's dong resides.

stop it, only 14 year olds do that.

I know GS is loaded, but why did they deal Harrison Barnes to us? I really wasn't paying too much attention at the time.... But damn almighty, he's a stud - and only 24.

I know GS is loaded, but why did they deal Harrison Barnes to us? I really wasn't paying too much attention at the time.... But damn almighty, he's a stud - and only 24.

You may not have heard but, Golden St. picked up Durant and couldn't afford Barnes. I'd say they made the right call.

stop it, only 14 year olds do that.

we are all 14 year olds here, give or take a year

not sure i'd call Harrison Barnes a stud. He doesn't do a whole lot as a SF/PF besides average 20 ppg on a bad team. Doesn't rebound all that well, not a great passer (i.e. sub 2 assists per game)... ESPN has him as the 18th ranked SF and 21st ranked PF on their player rater. He's a solid player but not really a stud.

not sure i'd call Harrison Barnes a stud. He doesn't do a whole lot as a SF/PF besides average 20 ppg on a bad team. Doesn't rebound all that well, not a great passer (i.e. sub 2 assists per game)... ESPN has him as the 18th ranked SF and 21st ranked PF on their player rater. He's a solid player but not really a stud.

He's a stud on this team.. And at 24, with Noel - he's only going to get better.

You may not have heard but, Golden St. picked up Durant and couldn't afford Barnes. I'd say they made the right call.

Maybe - they've not scheduled the parade as far as I know yet.. And if I'm not mistaken - Durant is out now... Injury prone star - raise your hand if you've seen that before.

wait aren't you a Miami fan?

I'm a Charlotte Hornets fan. I've posted about them but nobody cares. Why would they? I watch most all their games, but realize there's no reason to post here about it. So I don't. :)

I'm also a LeBron fan. So when MY team is out, I root for LeBron. Mostly because it irritates the haters. :)

HTH

I'm a Charlotte Hornets fan. I've posted about them but nobody cares. Why would they? I watch most all their games, but realize there's no reason to post here about it. So I don't. :)

I'm also a LeBron fan. So when MY team is out, I root for LeBron. Mostly because it irritates the haters. :)

HTH

Frank Kaminsky is playing really well. I thought it might take him another year or two to adjust to NBA bodies. Whats really killing the Hornets right now is the lack of a backup for Kemba, a guy who can spell him or play alongside him. Lin was perfect in that role last season

Frank Kaminsky is playing really well. I thought it might take him another year or two to adjust to NBA bodies. Whats really killing the Hornets right now is the lack of a backup for Kemba, a guy who can spell him or play alongside him. Lin was perfect in that role last season

Lin was a good fit. Ramon Sessions filled that role well but alas he is hurt. Couple that with our starting Center missing two months and the team has had a rough 2017. Charlotte was well over .500 before Cody Zeller got hurt and was 3-17 in his absence. He's finally back now. Will probably claw back to an 7 seed then get swept in the playoffs. And miss the lottery. We're in no mans land. Not good enough to contend in the East, but to good to get a high draft pick.

Dear Golden State Warrior fanboys,

Yes, I realize most of you are under 18 years of age, but in the happenstance you are reading this......DO NOT whine about Kevin Durant's injury. Welcome to the real world. Most teams deal with injury all the time to key players. It's decimated my Hornets this year. The Cavs, your rival, have had Kyrie - Love - JR Smith, all starters miss significant time the past couple years, including playoffs.

Shut it.....don't even.

If the two time MVP can't carry your team to the title then he really isn't the MVP, he's a circus shot fraud.

Sincerely,

Everybody not living in the Bay Area and over 18

I'm curious what makes golden state fans 18 years old as opposed to just being bandwagoners like most lebron fans?

So basically GS now has the same team as they had last year? T's and P's :(

You may have not heard, but the guy GS picked up, the right call - he is uh, well..... :bench:

You may have not heard, but the guy GS picked up, the right call - he is uh, well..... :bench:

A guy fell onto his knee.

Don't consider that type of fluke play to classify Durant into

the injury-prone category.

A guy fell onto his knee.

Don't consider that type of fluke play to classify Durant into

the injury-prone category.

I've never seen a basketball Hiaku. :D

Dumb.

If the two time MVP can't carry your team to the title then he really isn't the MVP, he's a circus shot fraud.

Agreed. If a guy that has multiple MVPs can't carry a team to a title without his help, he is a fraud..

The Cavs, your rival, have had Kyrie - Love - JR Smith, all starters miss significant time the past couple years, including playoffs.

Like this for example.....When Love, Kyrie, etc were missing time and the Cav with multiple MVPs couldn't carry his team to a title.

Agreed. If a guy that has multiple MVPs can't carry a team to a title without his help, he is a fraud..

Like this for example.....When Love, Kyrie, etc were missing time and the Cav with multiple MVPs couldn't carry his team to a title.

That will leave quite the mark.

Watching Dallas because my dude Yogi plays for them, Barnes looks like sh!t. Good Lord fella, keep chucking them up kid. No business being a max player, good on GS for that one.

Yogi and Noel were great pickups though, hopefully they can make a playoff run.

Both Dallas and OKC had dreadful shooting nights - including Westbrook.. Barnes was part of the carnage - and yet, still managed to pull out 17... For the year, given his age and salary - the 20 ppg is kicking ass - sweet ass deal.

Oh, and he's not on the :bench: - he actually plays., :banana:

I'm trying to think of a multiple time MVP recently who carried his team to a title without other stars....

Hmm....

Dear Golden State Warrior fanboys,

Yes, I realize most of you are under 18 years of age, but in the happenstance you are reading this......DO NOT whine about Kevin Durant's injury. Welcome to the real world. Most teams deal with injury all the time to key players. It's decimated my Hornets this year. The Cavs, your rival, have had Kyrie - Love - JR Smith, all starters miss significant time the past couple years, including playoffs.

Shut it.....don't even.

Sincerely,

Everybody not living in the Bay Area and over 18

Bumped for the impressive amount of dumb.

Anybody complaining about the Lakers blatant tank job yet?

I'd rank them as follows:

1. KD

2. Klay

3. Green

4. Steph

5. Livingston

6. Andre

7. Zaza