Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Easiest path to the championship. Eagles or Pats?

Just going to go ahead and guess 7-9

You forgot the playoffs. But sounds like they're "competitive" regardless.

:dunno:

Who else is competition for the Pats this year?

Lets not start sucking the Steelers dicks just yet. Theyre currently down 21-14 to the Packers in the 3rd.

Also, I dont expect that score to hold, but still.

Lets not start sucking the Steelers dicks just yet. Theyre currently down 21-14 to the Packers in the 3rd.

Also, I dont expect that score to hold, but still.

The Pats got rolled by the Chiefs earlier this year. One game doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

You forgot the playoffs. But sounds like they're "competitive" regardless.

Sure, the Broncos have been competitive. Still, the Pats are basically guaranteed a first round bye almost every year. Then they have maybe one team to actually compete with. Cakewalk may have been the wrong word. But they have it pretty easy compared to their NFC counterparts

Wow. I'm surprised people like seattle so much. Ive watched them play the last two weeks. They're one of the most penalized teams in the league. They can't run the ball. They can't block. And they're missing two of their best defensive players and a 3rd is playing hurt. That's not going to take you very far.

The Pats got rolled by the Chiefs earlier this year. One game doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

If they played today on a nuetral field the pats would be a 10 point favorite.

Mediocre and getting lucky once or twice is all it will take this year. There is nobody scary in either field.

For the record, Im talking individual games. The Seahawks must be respected even if they arent as good as they used to be.

Id be *shocked* if they actually contended for the title in any way.

Seattle has to actually make the playoffs first. And if they do, it'll almost definitely be a 6 seed. I don't think any of the playoff teams are going to be overly worried about the seahawks away from seattle.

Except new orleans because they look like shït everytime they play a real team.

As a falcons and titans fan, I hope youre right!

The titans are driving me crazy this year. Looked like crap all year. Eke out ugly wins against garbage teams, and get blown out by the couple of good teams theyve faced.

If they could get it together and the offense get on a hot streak, they could be a contender in the AFC. Or get smoked in the first game. Who knows?

The titans are driving me crazy this year. Looked like crap all year. Eke out ugly wins against garbage teams, and get blown out by the couple of good teams theyve faced.

If they could get it together and the offense get on a hot streak, they could be a contender in the AFC. Or get smoked in the first game. Who knows?

Mariota's development seems to have stagnated. And they need to get the ball to Derrick Henry. But their division is pretty weak, so they'll probably make the playoffs one way or another. I still think they have no chance against the top AFC teams though.

The Falcons are a better team IMO. But their schedule is brutal the rest of the way. If they make the playoffs I think they can beat just about anyone when their offense clicks.

Mariota's development seems to have stagnated. And they need to get the ball to Derrick Henry. But their division is pretty weak, so they'll probably make the playoffs one way or another. I still think they have no chance against the top AFC teams though.

The Falcons are a better team IMO. But their schedule is brutal the rest of the way. If they make the playoffs I think they can beat just about anyone when their offense clicks.

The general consensus of titans fans on the forum is that most of it is coaching.

Mariota is best suited to run a hurry up, spread, short and intermediate throw sort of offense. Something like what Brady runs.

Instead he is shackled to this exotic smashmouth garbage. Usually two TE two WR.

This year the line has regressed and the run game hasnt worked. So mariota is always facing 3rd and long, and is asked to hit the sidelines, which is not his strong suit.

There was a pole on the titans forum. Should nunchack be fired even if he makes the playoffs. 70% say yes. I agree.

Pats. The NFC is lightyears better than the AFC, and the Eagles have the stigma. I do believe that if the Eagles get to the SB they will win.

If the playoffs started today.

Buffalo @ Tennessee

Jax @ KC

:lol:

talk about bad ratings.

Sure, the Broncos have been competitive. Still, the Pats are basically guaranteed a first round bye almost every year. Then they have maybe one team to actually compete with. Cakewalk may have been the wrong word. But they have it pretty easy compared to their NFC counterparts

The best teams during the Patriots run of excellence have been AFC teams. The AFC may be weaker over the past 5 years or so (even though they have won 4 of the past 5 super bowls) but in most of the years the Patriots have been on their run, the power has been in the AFC. The Colts, Steelers, Ravens and Broncos have had strong teams for most of those years.

Here is an article about AFC vs NFC since 2002:

For a long time, AFC teams dominated their NFC counterparts in head-to-head matchups. From the time the NFL expanded to 32 teams and went to the current rotational schedule in 2002 all the way through 2010, the AFC posted a .500 or better record against the NFC every single year. With the Patriots and Colts teams led by the two best quarterbacks of their generation -- and possibly ever -- leading the way, the AFC combined to go 323-253 (0.561) against the NFC during that span of time.

The tide turned a bit over the last several seasons, but the balance has never been tipped in the NFC's favor more than it has this year. NFC teams have a 24-14 record in head-to-head matchups with AFC opponents this season. That 0.632 winning percentage would be the best mark the NFC has posted against the AFC under the current divisional format, and the second-best figure either division has posted against the other during that time, behind only the AFC's 44-20 domination of the NFC in 2004.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfc-has-turned-the-tide-in-head-to-head-matchups-with-afc-in-2017/

The Patriots would seem to have an easier run this year than the Eagles. Atlanta (look like they are turning it around), LA Rams, Vikings and New Orleans could all challenge. The Patriots are challenged by Pittsburgh (Chargers are a dark horse IMO) and they seem to have the Steeler's number (or more accurately-the Steelers dont have a clue how to defend Brady).

Pats have a cakewalk, just like every other year.

How do the Pats have a cakewalk every year? Since the start of the Belichick era there have been 17 Superbowls. The Pats have won 5. Of the other twelve the AFC has won 6 and the NFC has won 6. So it's a draw when you remove the Patriots. Over that same time frame the NFC has won the inter-conference battle 4 times, the AFC 10 times.

Easier path for the Pats.

I would like to see a Steelers vs Eagles SB though. Would be extremely entertaining both being in the same state.

The way the Iggs are playing, with Home Field - nobody is much of a threat......... Could still see the Pats in a close one, Gillette has not been as scary as in years' past.

Does anybody give the Jags a punchers chance in Gillette or Heinz?

Anybody that can get to the qb like Jax has a shot - they can bring it.

That defense is something else, but so is Bortles.

That defense is something else, but so is Bortles.

I would love to see JVille sign Cousins next year.

I do. They remind me of the 2000 ravens

More like the 2012 Ravens to me which will be good enough to win in those places.

Any given Sunday (or Saturday in the playoffs)

Please. They are very good and have the best defense this year in the NFL. BUT, they are playing a last place schedule. They just let a Blaine Gabbert quarterbacked team put up 27 points against them. They are good but the 2000 Ravens was an historically GREAT defense. They are no where near the Ravens of 2000. The Jags have already given up more points than the Ravens did in the 2000 season and there is still over 30% of the season yet to be played.

meh - it's always the Pats vs. Everybody and the Pats usually win.

AFC? the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers all rise and fall under thumb of NE.

Of that bunch, the Steelers have had more overall success but not head-to-head with NE - DEN has been the best head-to-head vs. NE.

the NFC? same story really... teams rise and fall but none stay at the level of excellence set by NE.

You wanna' know why NFL ratings are down? it's because everyone's tired of losing to Brady and Belichick... the regular season means nothing anymore, it's a forgone conclusion that NE will be in the SB so all that's left really is the WWE-esque stuff on the periphery.

No Edleman? No Hightower? No problem... NE may still win the SB.

And if they don't? No problem... they'll probably win it again next year... and the year after that... and after that... until Brady and Belichick are gone... then the ratings will come back and NFL fans will feel like they have a chance again.

I think the ratings would be worse without the Patriots. No one plays more exciting down to the wire big games than them. Every Super bowl, except the Eagles, came down to the wire. Pats-Colts defined an era, an all time great rivalry.

Obviously the Pats this year. The steelers are a bad number 2 team. And the rest of the conf is just awful. The QBs being flacco. Bortles. Mariota. Smith. Aa of now.

The Redskins would be the 3rd best team in the AFC.

Obviously the Pats this year. The steelers are a bad number 2 team. And the rest of the conf is just awful. The QBs being flacco. Bortles. Mariota. Smith. Aa of now.

they wouldn't be the 3rd best team in the AFC east. Nevermind the whole afc

disagree. Pitt is a dangerous team to face in the playoffs. I'd rather face the #2 NFC team

disagree. Pitt is a dangerous team to face in the playoffs. I'd rather face the #2 NFC team

The same Pitt that struggled with the Browns, Bears, Colts and Packers? I like Tomlin, but they are an upset special.

Wow. I'm surprised people like seattle so much. Ive watched them play the last two weeks. They're one of the most penalized teams in the league. They can't run the ball. They can't block. And they're missing two of their best defensive players and a 3rd is playing hurt. That's not going to take you very far.

Yet, theyve given the Iggles all they can handle through 3 right now.

Very frustrating. Seattle has a rough DL and Wilson has been awesome.

Eh. The eagles left 2 tds on the field, and decided to leave their o-line at home. Meanwhile seattle is playing like their lives depend on it. This is a much different seahawks team that played the falcons.