Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is the kind of crap where the gays lose me entirely

I was totally for equal marriage rights for gays. I mean for fucksake, enough said.

But with all the s*** that our country is facing right now, scotus is wasting their f****** valuable time on whether or not a gay couple can force some other guy to make a gay wedding cake for them?

There's a f****** thought Dorothy. At least seven out of ten Bakers are homosexuals. Go to another fockin* Baker!

Tell yourself you're keeping it in the community, the same way black people only go to black business owners.

Frankly, I don't care what the fuc you tell yourselves. But it's this me too me too pushiness that ends of alienating people to your cause.

It's capitalism. Let this f****** Baker lose business. Let another Baker make a fortune. It will work itself out.

Besides, do gay guys do it in the bundt?

Was just talking about this to a couple attorneys up here....... Focking wack jobs - like you said, just go to another bakery.

Or...just bake the cake and make money. Also that option.

Of course that's an option. In this case the business doesn't want to due to religious beliefs. And that should be respected.

Of course that's an option. In this case the business doesn't want to due to religious beliefs. And that should be respected.

Umm...no. Hiding behind religion to discriminate is pathetic and shouldn't be respected.

I was totally for equal marriage rights for gays. I mean for fucksake, enough said.

But with all the s*** that our country is facing right now, scotus is wasting their f****** valuable time on whether or not a gay couple can force some other guy to make a gay wedding cake for them?

There's a f****** thought Dorothy. At least seven out of ten Bakers are homosexuals. Go to another fockin* Baker!

Tell yourself you're keeping it in the community, the same way black people only go to black business owners.

Frankly, I don't care what the fuc you tell yourselves. But it's this me too me too pushiness that ends of alienating people to your cause.

It's ###### capitalism. Let this f****** Baker lose business. Let another Baker make a fortune. It will work itself out.

Besides, do gay guys do it in the bundt?

This case has far more implications, legally, than the fate of homosexual cakes.

As a Straight White Man, this may be difficult to understand because there aren't many scenarios where a business owner would refuse service to you - unless maybe you were openly non-christian.

Umm...no. Hiding behind religion to discriminate is pathetic and shouldn't be respected.

No one is hiding behind it. It's not like there aren't 30 other bakeries in Lakewood CO that would gladly make them a cake. Personally, I don't even think the religious aspect should come in to play. I think a business owner should be able to decide who they do work for. Period. Discrimination is such a minimal issue at this point. Let people discriminate if they want. if it's dumb discrimination like due to race it will take care of itself because a large segment of society will refuse to patronize the business. In this case it's completely reasonable for someone with a religious issue with homosexuality to not want to serve them.

Yeah, I was once on their side. Now I DGAF. Sink or swim like the rest of us.

No one is hiding behind it. It's not like there aren't 30 other bakeries in Lakewood CO that would gladly make them a cake. Personally, I don't even think the religious aspect should come in to play. I think a business owner should be able to decide who they do work for. Period. Discrimination is such a minimal issue at this point. Let people discriminate if they want. if it's dumb discrimination like due to race it will take care of itself because a large segment of society will refuse to patronize the business. In this case it's completely reasonable for someone with a religious issue with homosexuality to not want to serve them.

Gender, Race, Religion, or Nationality....

If you don't think in this day and age that Sexual Orientation should be added to that list, then I don't know what to tell you - you're probably an arse.

Gender, Race, Religion, or Nationality....

If you don't think in this day and age that Sexual Orientation should be added to that list, then I don't know what to tell you - you're probably an arse.

There are plenty of places that will serve all of the above. The need for the government to intervene is long past.

You know, many people here know that I used to be quite religious. In fact I actually spent time in the Seminary. Should have stayed there since I'm broke and celibate anyway.

I really wonder what religion this Baker is? Because I've done my fair share of comparative theology and in so doing you get familiar with any number of various religions throughout the world.

Yet to find one that had a problem with making baked goods based upon the sexual orientation of those who are going to eat it.

There are rules about when you can bake, with what grains you can bake, with what other ingredients you can mix in the preparation of said baked goods. But I'll guarantee you, there isn't a single biblical tyrannical Torah or other religious text that said Thou shalt not make a fancy cake with two plastic guys on top.

Maybe it's just because they hadn't invented plastic at the time. That's probably it.

The example I always see cited that opposes this is:

"Are you going to force a Jew baker to bake a swastika cake for a nazi?"

And the answer is, of course not, because it's apples to oranges. "Nazi" is not a protected status under the 1964 Civil Rights Act - nor should it ever be. Sexual Orientation should be added. And that's the purpose of this court case.

There are plenty of places that will serve all of the above. The need for the government to intervene is long past.

Are you suggesting that we can toss Federal Laws on the Right to Refuse Service just because there are alternative options?

It's really okay, in your mind, for a business to exist with a "White's Only" policy?

Blacks are historically bad tippers. They're all so f****** flat-out rude to the staff. Mostly because they don't have the breeding or culture to understand what to do when they do go out. And last, they often take up a booth for like 3 or 4 hours and nurse their drinks. Restaurants live and die on turnover. So yeah, I'm pretty much okay with the whites only premise.

Are you suggesting that we can toss Federal Laws on the Right to Refuse Service just because there are alternative options?

It's really okay, in your mind, for a business to exist with a "White's Only" policy?

Yep. That would take care of itself. Just like the store in Denver that last week posted a sign praising gentrification. They got their comeuppance. You simply can't do that in today's day and age. The government wasn't needed. Nor would it be if a store had a whites only policy. That store would be out of business in a week, if not sooner. No government intervention required. Hell, look at Danny Masterson. Got fired today without any proof of wrongdoing. That's the environment we live in today.

We're talking about a fockkin cake. Make your own and get on with your life. Children have more serious fights than this.

Two gay guys walk into a bakery. They Place their order. They get refused to service. Know why?

They don't serve cupcakes there!😂

Are you suggesting that we can toss Federal Laws just because there are alternative options??

Isnt this what Sanctuary cities are doing?
  • Like 1

Yep. That would take care of itself. Just like the store in Denver that last week posted a sign praising gentrification. They got their comeuppance. You simply can't do that in today's day and age. The government wasn't needed. Nor would it be if a store had a whites only policy. That store would be out of business in a week, if not sooner. No government intervention required. Hell, look at Danny Masterson. Got fired today without any proof of wrongdoing. That's the environment we live in today.

Not in 1964. Which is why the Federal Law was needed in the first place. Same thing with Sexual Orientation, today.

I'm sure there was some guy making your same tired arguments back in the 60s. And he was wrong then, too.

When I hear about these stories I always wonder why the fing baker didnt just say he was too busy / had too much business? Did he have to go that extra mile and tell the clown ent its because he doesnt approve of the union?

Im sure this jackass doesnt bother to ask if the couple were previously married or if they intend to have kids.

We're talking about a fockkin cake. Make your own and get on with your life. Children have more serious fights than this.

This.

Just being a pain in the ass just for the sake of being a pain in the ass. We should have such problems in this country. Really puts that whole Syria thing in the context, no?

• Like 1

Or just bake the cake and make money and get on with your life.

I can't fathom owning a business and figuring out each customers belief system before I serve them or not.

Forget the gay cake. That is so last century.

I want to create a bakery that strictly makes cakes for emo girls.

The best part? Those cakes cut themselves.

A private business should have the right to decide with whom it wants to do business. For whatever reason. Period.

So you would like to abolish the Civil Rights Act of 1964 along with Strike? Just trying to tally this up.

I can't fathom owning a business and figuring out each customers belief system before I serve them or not.

That too. I hate both of them in this instance, but I expect a little more out of the gays than I do the religious nuts.

And the answer is, of course not, because it's apples to oranges. "Nazi" is not a protected status under the 1964 Civil Rights Act - nor should it ever be. Sexual Orientation should be added. And that's the purpose of this court case.

How about Westboro Baptist church member wants a gay guy to bake a cake that says "God hates F@gs".

Religion is a protected class. :dunno:

I don't know man, like I think a baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay person is a sh!tty human being. I just worry about things going the other way.

That too. I hate both of them in this instance, but I expect a little more out of the gays than I do the religious nuts.

So you would like to abolish the Civil Rights Act of 1964 along with Strike? Just trying to tally this up.

Only the parts that deal with private entities, not government.

IMO, technology provides us more free time along with significantly more access to information and news instantaneously. As a result, more people hear about so much more than they did in the past and, of course, have their opinions. The news sensationalizes EVERYTHING to get clicks because its all about the mighty dollar. This leads to small things, that no one would have ever heard about in the past, blowing up and becoming a huge issue.

People need more to do. If people went to work everyday, came home and spent time with their family, and kept the news/phone off, they might be ignorant about the messes we have going on, but it might just be bliss.

The gays can find another bakery. Life isnt all cupcakes and lollipops.

IMO, technology provides us more free time along with significantly more access to information and news instantaneously. As a result, more people hear about so much more than they did in the past and, of course, have their opinions. The news sensationalizes EVERYTHING to get clicks because its all about the mighty dollar. This leads to small things, that no one would have ever heard about in the past, blowing up and becoming a huge issue.

People need more to do. If people went to work everyday, came home and spent time with their family, and kept the news/phone off, they might be ignorant about the messes we have going on, but it might just be bliss.

The gays can find another bakery. Life isnt all cupcakes and lollipops.

Sooo.....things were better back when those who are discriminated against didn't bother you with such trivial things like hearing about being refused service at a public business. Ok. Got it.