Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

U.S. Syria withdrawal

Baghdad -- The U.S. military has begun the process of withdrawing troops from Syria, a U.S. defense official confirmed to CBS News on Friday, saying it was expected to take between 90 and 120 days. The official told CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin that equipment had begun moving out earlier this week.

America's operations against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in the country were to continue during the withdrawal process.

Col. Sean Ryan, spokesman for the coalition fighting ISIS, confirmed earlier in the day to The Associated Press that "the process of our deliberate withdrawal from Syria" was underway.

"Out of concern for operational security, we will not discuss specific timelines, locations or troops movements," he said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-syria-withdrawal-ordered-donald-trump-underway-turkey-threatens-ypg-kurds/

I am torn on this. On the one hand I think not eradicating ISIS to the fullest possible extent is probably a mistake that requires us to spend more money and lives to deal with later......but then again, ISIS is a direct result of Syria releasing all of its worst prisoners into Iraq to fock with the US mission, so if the radicals want to kill Syrians, I am good with that....and hopefully they kill Assad....

Now, if these radical retards keep having people leave that Sh!thole country then you get some really dastardly people migrating to other nations, lowering their quality of life down to the sh!tty Muslim level, and maybe even polluting the US more....

Torn....

I am 100% on board with leaving. We were never asked to be there or wanted in the first place, our presence there is a net negative, and all the arguments for staying will be the same 6 months, 12 months, 3 years etc. from now.

I am 100% on board with leaving. We were never asked to be there or wanted in the first place, our presence there is a net negative, and all the arguments for staying will be the same 6 months, 12 months, 3 years etc. from now.

I can see the merit in that stance. Our elevated presence in that section of the world has been rather expensive, and the benefits are difficult to quantify right now.

It's bullshit. Throwing the PKK (Kurds) under the bus so Turkey can kill them. The PKK helped us take out ISIS and helped in Iraq and now we're focking them over. Rinse and repeat. I think Turkey should be thrown out of NATO their leader is nothing more than 2019's version of Saddam Hussein. :thumbsdown:

It's bullshit. Throwing the PKK (Kurds) under the bus so Turkey can kill them. The PKK helped us take out ISIS and helped in Iraq and now we're focking them over. Rinse and repeat. I think Turkey should be thrown out of NATO their leader is nothing more than 2019's version of Saddam Hussein. :thumbsdown:

I feel for the Kurds, and would understand helping them while they created their own nation.

But other than them, the rebel groups range from ISIS to not much better than al-Assad. It's a giant clusterfock that was a mistake to get involved with in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Small, residual force............kind of like your peemus.

Stiff competition but Filthy might be the single most easily triggered hypersensitive Trumpflake on the entire forum. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Stiff competition but Filthy might be the single most easily triggered hypersensitive Trumpflake on the entire forum. 

This is what effeminate, ineffectual cucks do. They get rightfully called out for spewing BS and try and flip it on the one who points it out. 

• Like 1

He listened to his Generals to keep our foot in the door.  Wish he hadn't.  Glad I don't have a son over there. 

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Triggered? No..........I just like using your troll attempts to emasculate you although to remove such a small target requires a high degree of accuracy.

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Triggered? No..........I just like using your troll attempts to emasculate you although to remove such a small target requires a high degree of accuracy.

All this cause I think we should have left Syria. You should get a hobby or a pet or something.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

All this cause I think we should have left Syria. You should get a hobby or a pet or something.

Oh bullsh!t. Your post was only an attempt to try and point out that Trump 'lied' or isn't keeping his word.

If Trump was for giving everyone 40 Hooters girls, you'd be the one asking for Chippendale's.

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Oh bullsh!t. Your post was only an attempt to try and point out that Trump 'lied' or isn't keeping his word.

If Trump was for giving everyone 40 Hooters girls, you'd be the one asking for Chippendale's.

Scroll back and you’ll see I agreed with his call on pulling troops from Syria. Then take a deep breath, count to 10 and try to keep that throbbing vein on your bulbous forehead from popping. Freak.

Well let's see,

1) Trump bashes Obama for announcing ahead of time when we're pulling out of a certain conflict. Even though he's too stupid to understand that the sofa was revealed to the world even before George Bush left office.

Then Trump announces to God and everybody they were pulling 100% of our troops out within two months. Huh? That's not 'telegraphing'?

Then, just five days ago, Trump surprises the hell out of everyone including his own Pentagon when he announces that we have defeated 100% of Isis in 100% of their held territory.

Well good, then we won't need troops there. What? Now Trump flip-flopping and he was leaving troops there. Even though Isis is 100% defeated according to him.

Yeah, and as far as the small residual Force bulshit goes? Yeah, we've tried that time and time again around the world. Look fuk head, if you're going to backtrack, backtrack. But don't leave troops out there as some sort of bait to solve your political flip-flopping. If yer going to leave troops leave enough to protect them

, support them provide Logistics Etc. Don't split them up, don't half ass it.

And when things inevitably go to ? And Trump inevitably blames his generals? Remember that he spent most of his campaign talking about how he's smarter than all his generals.