Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

At what age do you let your kid drink beers with you ?

I live and breathe in a drinking environment. It is what it is. Decided early that teaching my daughter responsibility and respect for drinking was the way to go.

Gave her first drink right before her 16th B-Day at a Mardi Gras parade. Brought her to a great parade. She was ready. She grew up surrounded by drinking. She now respects it. Has learned and doesn't want to rebel against it.

Of all the drinking parents I've been associated with who deny their kids booze and don't teach them, they are the worst.

Do as I say and not as I do is a horrible way to raise a kid going to college who will eventually find that environment.

He's19 and responsible about it.

I was 14/15 and Not responsible about it.

I live and breathe in a drinking environment. It is what it is. Decided early that teaching my daughter responsibility and respect for drinking was the way to go.

Gave her first drink right before her 16th B-Day at a Mardi Gras parade. Brought her to a great parade. She was ready. She grew up surrounded by drinking. She now respects it. Has learned and doesn't want to rebel against it.

Of all the drinking parents I've been associated with who deny their kids booze and don't teach them, they are the worst.

Do as I say and not as I do is a horrible way to raise a kid going to college who will eventually find that environment.

Good post BB.

Same here. My boys grew up in bars. Was what they know. That's not a bad thing.

Taught them to be social- They know a lot of people : lots of connections.

Just be responsible and never drink and drive. Ever.

Nope. Maybe I’ll have the talk with my friend’s kids?

Do it. Then send me vid of how that works out. Stay in your lane comes to mind bigtime here lol

Do it. Then send me vid of how that works out. Stay in your lane comes to mind bigtime here lol

Chill the fock out comes to my mind. Even as a non parent I have interest in how you degenerates are raising your kids - feel free to ignore my posts if it hurts your feelings.

Nope. Maybe Ill have the talk with my friends kids?

Lure them in with your homemade Kale chips. Kids think Kale is kool.

how you degenerates are raising your kids -

Damn dude. No chance you say that if I'm standing in front you

I was like 13 when first had a beer with grandpa. My daughter is 12 and it's gonna be a few more years...

Well sure, he'd have to speak a lot slower and use smaller words.

• Like 1

And hopefully you wouldn’t be a d!ckhead IRL if someone expressed a harmless opinion. But in addition to being an exemplary parent, I’m sure you’re super tough in person.

We all comment on things with which we have no first-hand experience - politics, professional sports, etc. Why should parenting be any different?

And hopefully you wouldnt be a d!ckhead IRL if someone expressed a harmless opinion. But in addition to being an exemplary parent, Im sure youre super tough in person.

We all comment on things with which we have no first-hand experience - politics, professional sports, etc. Why should parenting be any different?

Ever since Digby outed you, you have been very sensitive

My daughter gets horny as fuuck when I let her have champagne.

Every time my wife has yoga after work it's like fuucking New Year's Eve around here.

These two sentences confuse and disturb me. How do you know the first is true? Are the two sentences related? Do you have champagne after yoga? Is that what you mean by New Years Eve? Is it the yoga your daughter likes? Did you marry your daughter?

I live and breathe in a drinking environment.

Otherwise known as Louisiana.

These two sentences confuse and disturb me. How do you know the first is true? Are the two sentences related? Do you have champagne after yoga? Is that what you mean by New Years Eve? Is it the yoga your daughter likes? Did you marry your daughter?

Wiff is just getting ahead of the whole #metoo thing. His daughter is NOT going to be one of those biches.

Wiff doesnt have a daughter. But this is what he fantasizes about.

Terrible parenting skills. Is it a wonder this country is focked?

Terrible parenting skills. Is it a wonder this country is focked?

What are you talking about? The last year has been great.

1 beer? 15-16. Couple beers+? 17, cmon hes an adult pretty much, stop being a puzzy. At that age hes been drinking with friends already at parties.

This is pretty much how my parents treated me and how I treat my son. He, at 16, can have a very occasional beer so long as he is not going out.

I wonder at what age half of this place would share their psych meds with their kids?

Come on HT. You know all the parents get their kids on meds as soon as they possibly can. They dont want to deal with their kids...

Come on HT. You know all the parents get their kids on meds as soon as they possibly can. They dont want to deal with their kids...

That's true

Its a pedophilia joke. The implication is he is celebrating with his daughter while his wife is away at yoga.

Its a pedophilia joke.

Because pedophilia is so funny doc.

Its a pedophilia joke. The implication is he is celebrating with his daughter while his wife is away at yoga.

Wiff was taking a shot at Jerryskids

Wiff was taking a shot at Jerryskids

Why bring the facts ?

There's still a way to go for me, but I think with how society has changed perception of alcohol over the past few decades, I'll probably wait longer now than I would have otherwise.

Was talking the other day to someone knowing we'll soon be in this dilemma, and I did run around with friends where we hung out with their parents and drank; never mine though. Some excuse you often hear is that at least under my roof you can monitor it. And you know they aren't out getting smoothed and then driving :dunno:

A 17 yr old HS girl in town had a party last year at her parent's house. The mom was present, but stayed out of their way and let 'em have booze. Of course, she didn't know the kids were also popping Xanax.

A chick at the party drank a 5th of vodka on top of some of that Xanax, and promptly passed out, unresponsive.

All this led to a trip to the ER, a case of alcohol poisoning, arrest and prosecution of the 17 yr old HS girl who threw the party for supplying the Xanax and the 21 yr old dude who gave her the vodka.

The mom spent a couple of months wondering if she too would be prosecuted, but skated since she didn't technically supply the vodka, and she was the one who called 911. The daughter has since spent quite a bit of time in rehab, and in court.

Last week, the mom said she came home with a couple of friends and asked her to make them some margaritas. So glad she learned her lesson.

Go ahead and try to be the cool dad. But don't be surprised when it all goes down twisted.

21 year olds partying with high school girls? No. No way, no how. Good job Mom.

I'm from Wisconsin...so generally once they are in the womb, it's go time.

😂😂😂

Try our new in vitro ale!

Everything is a "syndrome" now - being an undisciplined idiot used to be so much simpler.

Meanwhile, in places like France, even young children are served table wine at meals. It's not a treat, it's a way of life. And they consistently have the lowest rates of alcoholism of any country in the developed World.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned there?

Everything is a "syndrome" now - being an undisciplined idiot used to be so much simpler.

Let's not forget all the adults on them too.

Meanwhile, in places like France, even young children are served table wine at meals. It's not a treat, it's a way of life. And they consistently have the lowest rates of alcoholism of any country in the developed World.

Wine sucks and, therefore, is a good deterrent to drinking? :dunno:

There's still a way to go for me, but I think with how society has changed perception of alcohol over the past few decades, I'll probably wait longer now than I would have otherwise.

Was talking the other day to someone knowing we'll soon be in this dilemma, and I did run around with friends where we hung out with their parents and drank; never mine though. Some excuse you often hear is that at least under my roof you can monitor it. And you know they aren't out getting smoothed and then driving :dunno:

How do you think societys perception of alcohol has changed?

My parents never drank around me either, and I believe it influenced how I think about alcohol. While they never told me it was bad, I didnt grow up thinking it was a big part of being an adult, nor was it cool. I also dont remember them specifically talking to me about it, though they repeatedly emphasized how stupid conformity is - I think that is an important message for kids.

depends on so many things....type of kid he is, maturity level, etc.

a couple beers privately together maybe around 18. letting him have friends over or parties with booze..no fockin shot under my roof.

I don’t think France has especially low rates of alcoholism. Eastern Europe is the worst, but alcohol abuse is prevalent throughout the continent.