Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Green Bay Running Backs

Some interesting quotes from McCarthy today. Sounds like a fantasy nightmare as long as all three are healthy.

"We have to take advantage of Ty's skills, and there's no question about that," McCarthy said. "The offense is suited for that."

"As far as the running backs, all those guys can play," McCarthy said. "Ty's had some incredible periods of play for us and just really what we've talked about since the day the season ended: No one has really gone the distance, so that's why we're a running back-by-committee approach, and we like all those guys. But yeah, definitely, Ty can play from the backfield and still has the ability to flex him out and get the matchups we're looking for. We have plenty of that in the offense."

They say RBBC, but has Green Bay ever really been RBBC?

Maybe by committee, they mean, we'll run Ty Montgomery into the ground first. Then Aaron Jones. Then Jamal Williams. Then by th time he gets hurt, Hopefully Ty is healthy again.

• Like 1

I look at it this way, i dont see anyone startable but Montgomery even with injuries. But if im desparate then maybe i have to go to waivers and pick up an Aaron Jones type. Healthy Montgomery perhaps a bye week filler or a bad defense could make him startable.

Its Jones for multiple reasons. Hes better in passing game, Williams stats were skewed by 2-3 screen passes he took for long gains. Jones is more dynamic runner and way better in space. Aaron Rodgers loves Jones which is the biggest bump to Jones. Heres your proof hes the back to own.

As a Packers fan Jones is my favorite with most upside.

But Ty is going to be involved. Like last year all 3 could have quality games at different points. Highly doubt any is used substantially more than the others. But Jones or Ty offer most upside when used.

Nice to read a lot of members thoughts on Jones match my own - I felt he looked like the best RB of the bunch last season. There are some Williams supporters out there, too, as the sophomores appear to be relatively close in ADP. Given how this is shaping up it seems Jones and Williams are both overvalued right now - each an RB3 but not one we can count on for touches unless there is an injury. Maybe Ty is the best target.

Last ADP I pulled from FFC (12-team) for Draft Buddy:

Jones 7.08

Montgomery 9.04

Williams 10.03

Last ADP I pulled from MFL (12-team):

Jones 8.09

Williams 10.08

Montgomery 12.11

Last ADP I pulled from FantasyPros (12-team):

Williams 9.02

Jones 9.05

Montgomery 10.09

So... its all over the place.

I like J Williams on ppr, I like A Jones in a non ppr.

I’m not going too even consider Ty Montgomery.

Over all I think A Jones proved too me last season he is the best one of the bunch.

Thanks

They will need them all because they all get hurt and none are elite. I think they should consider moving Ty to a hybrid tight end out of the backfield type role, and start whoever out of Jamaal Williams and Jones impresses most in training camp and preseason. I like all of them, but kind of expect Jamaal Williams to start.

Way i saw things last year Montgomery was awesome till he got injured and was trying to play anyways. Transaction to RB used alot is what i suspect did him in.

Jones is best pure RB. How they decide to sprinkle in the others is anybodys guess. In reality someone will separate and it wont be the ex wr

40,30,30 split with the 40 to 45% being Ty.

that sounds about right, I would rather get a back up on a team that doesn't do RBBC... before any of those guys from GB. Although TY will get his. I suppose if he slips all the way to round 11, 12. Which he wont

Although they could keep Montgomery on the field alot and use him as a WR which would be a boost if u picked him up as just a back

Jones is best pure RB. How they decide to sprinkle in the others is anybodys guess. In reality someone will separate and it wont be the ex wr

Agreed

Great post Murf.

Thanks.