Sign in to follow this  
sirensong

Dez threatens holdout into regular season...

Another Diva

Does this happen if they still had Murray? Not trying to stir the pot, just have to think his leverage would not be as significant. He's important, but that's a running team now.

Does this happen if they still had Murray? Not trying to stir the pot, just have to think his leverage would not be as significant. He's important, but that's a running team now.

Its a balanced team with 48% passing and 52% rushing. At least to me that is balanced.

Imo Dez has more leverage than the typical player who threatens a hold out. Dallas is in a win now state with Romo getting up there in age. If Dez doesnt play, the boys have garbage at receiver. I think they should lock him up long term. Spend a good amount on one top flight receiver and then be penny wise on the rest of the receiving group.

Plus the threat of Dez can only help the run game. The cowboys do not have anyone special at rb right now, so to lose the teams top 2 offensive players besides Romo is not good for the team. He isnt Brady, who doesnt need top end talent around him.

Another Diva

Dez is hands down a top 3 WR in the game. Not fantasy, in the NFL. Dallas needs to pay this guy accordingly.

And FWIW, he's not going to miss a divisional game for a team that's attempting to win the Super Bowl. If this is still a thing Sept 1st, I'll care. But considering he went to some voluntary practices already, it seems far fetched.

Additionally, if he wants to put any pressure on the organization he HAS to publicly take this approach.

Dez is hands down a top 3 WR in the game. Not fantasy, in the NFL. Dallas needs to pay this guy accordingly.

And FWIW, he's not going to miss a divisional game for a team that's attempting to win the Super Bowl. If this is still a thing Sept 1st, I'll care. But considering he went to some voluntary practices already, it seems far fetched.

Additionally, if he wants to put any pressure on the organization he HAS to publicly take this approach.

And I quote he is just another WR diva end quote . Thank you . No one is questioning his ability to play the game , or how good he is but there is no question that theyt already make way to much just to play a game . So no matter who the player is when I see them talking the way he is they will get the diva tag . And right now D Bryant is it . Thank you

It would be great to see what of these stars really walk the walk when they talk . Look at Peterson and what happen he came back so will Bryant nothing to see here just another diva having a problem with himself .

And I quote he is just another WR diva end quote . Thank you . No one is questioning his ability to play the game , or how good he is but there is no question that theyt already make way to much just to play a game . So no matter who the player is when I see them talking the way he is they will get the diva tag . And right now D Bryant is it . Thank you

Ok when someone says players make too much already, they have no idea how economics work. The reason so much money goes into the nfl is because people want to spend their money on the product. There is a set percentage that goes to the players, the entire backbone of the nfl. If players made less money then the extra money saved by a team would just go into the owners pockets. They are all millionaires and billionaires in the end, though i dont get why people favor the owners getting more money over the players, since the players are the product.

It would be great to see what of these stars really walk the walk when they talk . Look at Peterson and what happen he came back so will Bryant nothing to see here just another diva having a problem with himself .

Emmitt held out for 2 games in the 90's, Jerry caved in, Smith get paid, and Cowboys won super bowl

Its a balanced team with 48% passing and 52% rushing. At least to me that is balanced.

Imo Dez has more leverage than the typical player who threatens a hold out. Dallas is in a win now state with Romo getting up there in age. If Dez doesnt play, the boys have garbage at receiver. I think they should lock him up long term. Spend a good amount on one top flight receiver and then be penny wise on the rest of the receiving group.

Plus the threat of Dez can only help the run game. The cowboys do not have anyone special at rb right now, so to lose the teams top 2 offensive players besides Romo is not good for the team. He isnt Brady, who doesnt need top end talent around him.

Respectfully, it's a running team in the world of today's NFL, if you prefer. Not meaning to minimize Bryant, I know true Cowboy fans refer to him as the heart and soul of the team. Just wanted to make a couple observations- the first being without Murray he has a ton of leverage. The second, and again not meaning to minimize his talent, how effective of a player is Dez if he's catching passes in Jacksonville or Tennessee? Consequently, how good do you think any of those promising young WR's on those teams would be in this Cowboy offense? You mentioned Brady not needing top talent around him, but he has struggled in years without top WR's, save for this last one. I'm just a big Romo guy.

I don't see them caving, really. It's been said they have a plan in Dallas, and I think that plan involves taking care of Bryant this summer IF POSSIBLE. But I also think they are willing to ride this into next season.

Respectfully, it's a running team in the world of today's NFL, if you prefer. Not meaning to minimize Bryant, I know true Cowboy fans refer to him as the heart and soul of the team. Just wanted to make a couple observations- the first being without Murray he has a ###### ton of leverage. The second, and again not meaning to minimize his talent, how effective of a player is Dez if he's catching passes in Jacksonville or Tennessee? Consequently, how good do you think any of those promising young WR's on those teams would be in this Cowboy offense? You mentioned Brady not needing top talent around him, but he has struggled in years without top WR's, save for this last one. I'm just a big Romo guy.

I don't see them caving, really. It's been said they have a plan in Dallas, and I think that plan involves taking care of Bryant this summer IF POSSIBLE. But I also think they are willing to ride this into next season.

Brady has had 1 top receiver in moss. Welker is a good slot receiver, but he played with brady and manning who elevated his game. Dez on Jax is still a good receiver. Welker on Jax and we wouldnt know his name.

Emmitt held out for 2 games in the 90's, Jerry caved in, Smith get paid, and Cowboys won super bowl

Again just another diva having a problem . Don't see how Emmit Smith has anything to do with Dez Bryant .

Ok when someone says players make too much already, they have no idea how economics work. The reason so much money goes into the nfl is because people want to spend their money on the product. There is a set percentage that goes to the players, the entire backbone of the nfl. If players made less money then the extra money saved by a team would just go into the owners pockets. They are all millionaires and billionaires in the end, though i dont get why people favor the owners getting more money over the players, since the players are the product.

Right I agree . Now does Jerry Jones own the Cowboys , yes he does . Does Dez Bryant play for the team Jerry Jones owns , yes he does . Did Dez and his agent sign a contract to get paid and to play for the team Jerry Jones owns , yes they did . So now under the law of the sign contract that Dez and his agent and owner Jerry Jones sign , Jerry Jones Must pay Dez the money that they all agreed on .Now Dez Bryant who is still under that same contract that he sign and was not forced to do so , is now threatening to hold out for more money , and to not play if he does not get a new deal , while he is still under contract . That's what I don't like and I do think they are overpaid by owners who can afford to pay them . So the people with the money are not the problem in this case . It's the diva that won't honor his sign contract . Thank you

Don't see how Emmit Smith has anything to do with Dez Bryant .

other than the fact that dez is the focal point of the offense (just like emmitt was), without whom the team goes from SB contender to playoff hopeful (just like the emmitt situation), and that the same owner caved to emmitt when emmitt used this same tactic?

Right I agree . Now does Jerry Jones own the Cowboys , yes he does . Does Dez Bryant play for the team Jerry Jones owns , yes he does . Did Dez and his agent sign a contract to get paid and to play for the team Jerry Jones owns , yes they did . So now under the law of the sign contract that Dez and his agent and owner Jerry Jones sign , Jerry Jones Must pay Dez the money that they all agreed on .Now Dez Bryant who is still under that same contract that he sign and was not forced to do so , is now threatening to hold out for more money , and to not play if he does not get a new deal , while he is still under contract . That's what I don't like and I do think they are overpaid by owners who can afford to pay them . So the people with the money are not the problem in this case . It's the diva that won't honor his sign contract . Thank you

you seem to be under the impression that dez is under contract.

you should probably fix that.

you seem to be under the impression that dez is under contract.

you should probably fix that.

I am under that impression , I thought he was still under contract . If not than I am wrong about my statement .

other than the fact that dez is the focal point of the offense (just like emmitt was), without whom the team goes from SB contender to playoff hopeful (just like the emmitt situation), and that the same owner caved to emmitt when emmitt used this same tactic?

See Emmit played on a team that was a super bowl contender , and Dez does not . I don't see the Cowboys has a super bowl contender . So it really has nothing to do with Dez and the Cowboys today . So I guess it's all in the way you see it .

he has been tendered. he has not signed the tag.

regarding the legality of contracts, it goes both ways--teams cut contracted players at the drop of the hat. a player holding out is just cutting the team, except that the team still holds his rights exclusively. all in all, it's biased in favor of the owners (which it should be, since they own the business).

See Emmit played on a team that was a super bowl contender , and Dez does not . I don't see the Cowboys has a super bowl contender . So it really has nothing to do with Dez and the Cowboys today . So I guess it's all in the way you see it .

this puts you at odds with most people, who rate DAL as one of the top teams in the NFC. there's SEA, GB, DAL, and then everyone else.

DAL lost murray, added the best offensive lineman in the draft class to an already-dominant unit, added a 1st round edge rush talent, added the best edge rusher in free agency, are getting a full offseason out of last year's high 2nd round edge rusher (who was injured all last preseason and for 8 games), added a 1st round CB who can also play FS, have their surprise stud rookie LB from last season entering his second year, and are getting lee back...finally playing his natural position.

so they lost ground at one position group, but drastically upgraded the talent at every defensive position group and the offensive line. and are entering the 3rd year of marinelli's scheme, and the 2nd in linehan's offensive approach.

so yeah, they have to be viewed as a SB contender, as opposed to teams like ARI who are looked at as SB possibilities.

he has been tendered. he has not signed the tag.

regarding the legality of contracts, it goes both ways--teams cut contracted players at the drop of the hat. a player holding out is just cutting the team, except that the team still holds his rights exclusively. all in all, it's biased in favor of the owners (which it should be, since they own the business).

Agree it should be they own the team .

this puts you at odds with most people, who rate DAL as one of the top teams in the NFC. there's SEA, GB, DAL, and then everyone else.

DAL lost murray, added the best offensive lineman in the draft class to an already-dominant unit, added a 1st round edge rush talent, added the best edge rusher in free agency, are getting a full offseason out of last year's high 2nd round edge rusher (who was injured all last preseason and for 8 games), added a 1st round CB who can also play FS, have their surprise stud rookie LB from last season entering his second year, and are getting lee back...finally playing his natural position.

so they lost ground at one position group, but drastically upgraded the talent at every defensive position group and the offensive line. and are entering the 3rd year of marinelli's scheme, and the 2nd in linehan's offensive approach.

so yeah, they have to be viewed as a SB contender, as opposed to teams like ARI who are looked at as SB possibilities.

That sure does put me in odds with the rest or the world than . Yea I don't see anyway they make the super bowl .

Raider fan here of course, but live in Arlington and am dialed in with the Boys pretty much. I'd argue Collins was the 2nd best offensive lineman in the draft behind Scherff, and probably the top rated tackle. I think the Giants take him at #9 over Flowers if the murder stuff doesn't break. He's just more versatile and a better pass blocker technique-wise. Greg Hardy is by NO means just an edge rusher, but one the best pure defensive ends in the NFL. I think that was actually the biggest move Dallas made.

I've been saying that with a top running back of Adrian Peterson or DeMarco Murray caliber they're NFC favorites, so failing that I'd back up the assertion they are right in the mix. At least on paper, which is where we're playing right now. The defense is MUCH improved, the degree of which depending on how Hardy's suspension turns out. And that offensive line is just a monster. The guy to watch is Leary, who I predict will fight off Collins for the left guard job. Collins is their RT of the future.

More importantly, they've got a healthy Tony Romo going into training camp, a fact everybody seems to be overlooking in comparison to last season. If they pull the deal and get Peterson, it's over for the NFC barring major injuries.

Good take.

• Like 1

How is Dallas not a Super Bowl contender? I'm an Eagles fan and I can take the rose colored blinders off to realize that. If Dallas has any semblance of a running game this season, they're the odds on favorite for the division.

Who else in the NFC is head and shoulders above Dallas? Seattle maybe? Green Bay was a fluke catch/non-catch from potentially losing to Dallas. Philly? Not to me. Sham Newton? Nope. So who else?

Better yet, who in the NFC East is realistically going to create a situation where Dallas doesn't win (or contend for) the division?

How is Dallas not a Super Bowl contender? I'm an Eagles fan and I can take the rose colored blinders off to realize that. If Dallas has any semblance of a running game this season, they're the odds on favorite for the division.

Who else in the NFC is head and shoulders above Dallas? Seattle maybe? Green Bay was a fluke catch/non-catch from potentially losing to Dallas. Philly? Not to me. Sham Newton? Nope. So who else?

Better yet, who in the NFC East is realistically going to create a situation where Dallas doesn't win (or contend for) the division?

Maybe the rams

I said the Cowboys would not make the super bowl . And I stand with that statement . I could be wrong of course it happens . Do you think they will make the super bowl?

Maybe the rams

Or maybe the Saints the team you picked last season , now that was a winner .

I've been saying that with a top running back of Adrian Peterson or DeMarco Murray caliber they're NFC favorites, so failing that I'd back up the assertion they are right in the mix. At least on paper, which is where we're playing right now.

i agree with pretty much your whole post, but especially this. with a top RB to go along with the talent injection, they would be 1 and 1a with SEA. with the RB uncertainty, you can't call them the NFCC favorite, but they're right there with the hawks and packers on paper.

ARI is going to be very dangerous, and the rams are going to make a lot of noise. of course, the biggest joker in the deck is PHI. i can confidently say that the chipples will win between 6 and 12 games, including a couple they have no business winning, will lose a couple that they have no business losing, and will knock at least 1 team out of the playoff picture late in the season.

i hope it isn't the boys.

:ninja:

I thought they were an incredible bargain bet to win the SB, along with Philly and NE. If you would have listened to me and put equal money on all three you would have made some nice coin, because of me. Youre welcome :)

ok so you bet on three teams to win the super bowl and one of them won it , the one that was one of the favorites and that now makes you Jimmy the Greek now . Congrats .

ok so you bet on three teams to win the super bowl and one of them won it , the one that was one of the favorites and that now makes you Jimmy the Greek now . Congrats .

No i just said that to make your comment seem even more pointless. Though i dont really have to do that for you.

• Like 1

WPIAFP

• Like 1

Give most bettors on future picks the chance...and uhhh...they actually do just that. Once Jesus...err God...err Goodell... approves sports betting, you'll give thanks.

No i just said that to make your comment seem even more pointless. Though i dont really have to do that for you.

Hey just want to say congrats , from a post you made some time back about you and your wife / gf sorry don't know , that you both have a baby due in a few weeks . Will congrats to you both and a fist pump to you brother . I will be praying for a safe birthday both baby and mom .

Actually it really made you post look pointless . That's why you are now reposting about how great you are on picking the best teams to win the super bowl . Awesome .

Give most bettors on future picks the chance...and uhhh...they actually do just that. Once Jesus...err God...err Goodell... approves sports betting, you'll give thanks.

I'm not sure I know what you are even saying about this matter , and not even sure why you need to butt in . Here in Nevada we already have sports betting so now you know the rest of the story . Thank you

Actually it really made you post look pointless . That's why you are now reposting about how great you are on picking the best teams to win the super bowl . Awesome .

Arent you the one who brought it up? Thats what i thought.

stuff like this illustrates the mistake I made welcoming you to this board weeps. I regret ever doing so.

• Like 1

Arent you the one who brought it up? Thats what i thought.

Will I said you did pick the saints yes . But it was you that brought up great you where in picking up coin last season .