Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

What to do with Cooks

Does anybody on here have this undererformer-and what are you planning on doing with him? He looks kinda slow, undecided, hesitant, and it's like he knows he can't get open. I'm considering benching him for Parker or Thielen, how bout you? He sure as hell isn't the next coming of Randy Moss.............................

Parker is hurt, Thielen has Sam who is also hurt. You are rolling the dice either way.

Might as well play the healthy guy with the healthy QB. But if everyone is healthy, I would play Parker.

It looks like Gronkowski and Amendola will be playing in wk3 so that certainly won't help to maximize Cooks' opportunity. A plus is that the HOU secondary is banged up. I had faithfully started him the first two weeks but now that's in doubt.

It's too early for me to say. Most of my squad is facing various degrees of unfavorable matchups, and I won't know until Sunday morning which RB or WR (or TE !? ) is going to get the last flex spot

You do what everyone who has ever owned him does. You leave him in because he's going to have three or four monster games, a few meh, and a lot of duds. I understood the argument from people who thought he could be a better version of Edleman, but the Moss comparisons never made sense. Two totally different receivers.

Parker is hurt, Thielen has Sam who is also hurt. You are rolling the dice either way.

Might as well play the healthy guy with the healthy QB. But if everyone is healthy, I would play Parker.

Playing Parker, that's what I'm thinking. Thanks, good luck.

I would play Cooks.

You do what everyone who has ever owned him does. You leave him in because he's going to have three or four monster games, a few meh, and a lot of duds. I understood the argument from people who thought he could be a better version of Edleman, but the Moss comparisons never made sense. Two totally different receivers.

Monster games? I hope so but I think that'll be a while, he right now looks small, slow, and lost out there. And yes, the comps to Moss is/was a joke, couldn't believe that when I saw it!

That would be the expectation of a Cooks owner if he'd stayed in New Orleans. But with the way that Belichick gushed about Cooks in the off season and NE spending a first round pick to get him, I expected to see Cooks getting higher usage than what he saw down in NO and so far I'm not really seeing it.

It looks like Gronkowski and Amendola will be playing in wk3 so that certainly won't help to maximize Cooks' opportunity. A plus is that the HOU secondary is banged up. I had faithfully started him the first two weeks but now that's in doubt.

It's too early for me to say. Most of my squad is facing various degrees of unfavorable matchups, and I won't know until Sunday morning which RB or WR (or TE !? ) is going to get the last flex spot

I would bet that Gronkowski and especially Amendola will be limited in their returns. I would not be surprised to see Amendola as a scratch or only playing a few snaps.

Both are made of glass and there's no sense losing them to injury in week 3 unless you're desperate. And they're not desperate.

Cooks will get there. It takes a while to get worked into the offense. Moss was a little different because he had that element of just run down the field then go up and get the ball.

Cooks isn't that guy so he's still got to get all the timing, communication, rapport, etc. down. I'd say he's doing just fine so far and you should expect pretty regular improvement til about mid-season when I think he'll be in full form. So he's a good hold or buy low guy imo

Yea nothing you can do but start him and hope for the best. It's all upside at least, as soon as you bench him he will have a big game.

I'm also lucky enough to be waiting for Fitzgerald to blowup. 100% guaranteed I will make the wrong choice between these two guys.

No one can reliably predict when Desean Cooks is going to blow up. So maybe you just keep him in your lineup as a flex if you can do that you don't miss what you drafted him for. Then, package him and shop him and stop drafting him.

I'm also lucky enough to be waiting for Fitzgerald to blowup. 100% guaranteed I will make the wrong choice between these two guys.

I expected 10 rec from Fitz last week. Best MU and multiple guys hurt around him. Swore he was dead to me but I’m starting him again this week.

No one can reliably predict when Desean Cooks is going to blow up. So maybe you just keep him in your lineup as a flex if you can do that you don't miss what you drafted him for. Then, package him and shop him and stop drafting him.

Rule #1 of fantasy, always start Desean Cooks.

I'm sitting Cooks this week but I've got AJ Green, Keenan Allen, and Tate to replace him. That being said I agree with others that said to hold him or buy low; he is new to the offense and I expect better things down the road.

And of course since I plan to bench him he will put up a 10/150/3 stat line, so start him with confidence. :thumbsup:

Rule #1 of fantasy, always start Desean Cooks.

No no no! Haha. The rule is stop drafted Desean Jackson-like WRs in the first 3 or 4 rounds and expecting Keenan Allen consistency.

Who was the Return?

I think if you drafted Cooks you need to be patient with that pick.

He's going to post very good ff points.

No no no! Haha. The rule is stop drafted Desean Jackson-like WRs in the first 3 or 4 rounds and expecting Keenan Allen consistency.

Oh....Rule #2 always start desean cooks.

Does anybody on here have this undererformer-and what are you planning on doing with him? He looks kinda ****slow, undecided, hesitant, and it's like he knows he can't get open. I'm considering benching him for Parker or Thielen, how bout you? He sure as hell isn't the next coming of Randy Moss.............................

SLOW? No.

for whom? I just offered them both for Martavis in a keeper league.

Three man keeper league, only players with eligibility in the trade were Garcon and Thompson.

Cooks, Cooper, C. Thompson for A. Brown, P. Garcon

Leaves me with A. Brown, D. Baldwin, S. Diggs, P. Garcon, J. Brown

hes a buy low, remember the Patriots system is the most complex for WR's. He will lead the Pats in yards by the end of the year

I wish the Cooks owner in my league was like you guys, I offered him 3 trades this week that he turned down

Enjoy hearing about boneheads who freak out and trade away good players based on a week or 2.

Sell high on Hunt and Gurley! Lol for who!? Ajayi?! Silly.

...of course. I knew he'd break out for a game like this eventually, but my real concern is if he starts seeing normal usage like he did today.

That's really a great question concerning Cooks.

I'm going to say yes.

With this team it's always hard to get an edge of what they might do, as I know you already know.

If you drafted Cooks this would be the time to sale high if you don't trust him, and if I owned him he's awfully hard to trust week to week.

But I just have a feeling that Brady is getting more comfortable with Cooks and I think he will indeed be turning in more games like this past weekend.

I would keep him.

Great question thanks.

The lack of receiving options in New England makes him a bit more safe than I figured him to be during preseason.

But he's still more of a big plays make my day type of wr (djax). if you drafted him, start him every week and live with the 3 for 37s that you'll get sometimes. Don't miss the 7 for 156 and 2 td games.