Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hat Tourney Challenge 2012

Available teams:

Locks - Florida St, Virginia, Kansas St, Syracuse, Marquette, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Florida, Vanderbilt, Saint Mary's, Gonzaga, Memphis, Cincinnati

Should be in - Saint Louis, Alabama, Colorado St, California

Bubble - Miami (FL), Xavier, Texas, West Virginia, South Florida, Seton Hall, Northwestern, Drexel, Southern Miss, Washington, Oregon, Tennessee, Mississippi St, BYU

Auto bids - Belmont, Murray St, UNC-Asheville, Harvard, Colorado, VCU, Long Beach St

I'll take K-State.

Darn it. When I saw that you had posted I was hoping you were throwing in fftoday t-shirts.

:wall:

In order to fill this thing up, I will take a second team if thats acceptable. I hate Michigan, but it work in Ann Arbor so it will be easy for me to send out a hat when the time arrives.

I will be hoping to pay this one off after the first round.

I think youre safe. I could field a group of guys here in Des Moines and go beat Iowa 3 out of 5 games i think. :)

puffing out your chest a little after that fluke of a baylor win? :cheers:

In order to fill this thing up, I will take a second team if thats acceptable. I hate Michigan, but it work in Ann Arbor so it will be easy for me to send out a hat when the time arrives.

I will be hoping to pay this one off after the first round.

yeah should be fine, but if someone else would actually want them you might defer to them.

yeah should be fine, but if someone else would actually want them you might defer to them.

No problem.

Looks like Arizona is gonna make it. They are a scrappy team, Could do some damage.

At any rate, I have a fitted Arizona cap that I wear turtle style sometimes, and another one that was gifted to me, that I never wear, Adjustable. Looks like it's sun bleached ... comes like that new. I've worn it like twice since I got it as a Christmas present.

So ... my first year in this challenge ... with a hat to spare .... and I still don't know why you would want a hat from a school you didn't go to but ... Ok, I'm in.

Go cats!

Looks like Arizona is gonna make it. They are a scrappy team, Could do some damage.

At any rate, I have a fitted Arizona cap that I wear turtle style sometimes, and another one that was gifted to me, that I never wear, Adjustable. Looks like it's sun bleached ... comes like that new. I've worn it like twice since I got it as a Christmas present.

So ... my first year in this challenge ... with a hat to spare .... and I still don't know why you would want a hat from a school you didn't go to but ... Ok, I'm in.

Go cats!

Nobody wants a hat you've worn. If I lose and owe someone a hat, I'm going to let them pick one from a Purdue apparel website. You even mess this up. If purdue would play arizona and purdue should win....keep your used, sun bleached hat, but if arizona should win, well I have a slightly used purdue hat for you.

If noone is claiming Syracuse -- I have no ties to them but hell I will take them as well as UK which I already have

Nobody wants a hat you've worn. If I lose and owe someone a hat, I'm going to let them pick one from a Purdue apparel website. You even mess this up. If purdue would play arizona and purdue should win....keep your used, sun bleached hat, but if arizona should win, well I have a slightly used purdue hat for you.

Haha. I know right! Get a clue GFIAFP. You're supposed to let the guy pick out a hat under 25$ from lids or the team store. This isn't the NIT used hat contest. That's another thread.

Hat brackets

East

1 Syracuse - The Moz

8 Kansas St - Mike FF Today

Midwest

1 North Carolina - ZeroTolerance

8 Creighton - remote controller

5 Temple - The Next Generation

4 Michigan - patweisers44

6 San Diego St - mobb_deep

10 Purdue - crackattack

2 Kansas - cmh6476

South

1 Kentucky - The Moz

8 Iowa St - cyclone24

9 Connecticut - tikigods

5 Wichita St - JTB

6 UNLV - Kannabel

3 Baylor - 29 Guests

2 Duke - Strike

West

1 Michigan St - patweisers44

2 Missouri - nzoner

ROUND 1 MATCHUPS:

8 Iowa St - cyclone24

vs

9 Connecticut - tikigods

As a reminder, if you want to adopt a team in the tournament that has not been taken, you must get permission from any owners who would be in your immediate path.

Claimed Teams:

South;

1. Kentucky - The Moz

2. Duke - Strike

3. Baylor - 29 Guests

5. Wichita St. - JTB

6. UNLV - Kannabel

8. Iowa St. - cyclone24

9. UCONN - tikigods

Midwest:

1. UNC - ZeroTolerance

2. Kansas - cmh6476

4. Michigan - patweisers44

5. Temple - The Next Generation

6. San Diego State - mobb_deep

8. Creighton - remote controller

10. Purdue - crackattack

West:

1. Michigan St. - patweisers44

2. Mizzou - nzoner

4. Louisville - sgumm23

East:

1. Syracuse - The Moz

8. Kansas St. - Mike FF Today

so...

a purdue cap in round two

a san diego state cap in round three

a unc cap on the way to the final 4

a syracuse cap on the way to the championship

and i'll settle for whichever team makes it through from the other side

:overhead:

so...

If Purdue gets through, Kansas will beat us and beat us like a drum. The only way is if Purdue is shooting lights out and Kansas has an off night. :cry:

ETA: when do they release the game times?

so...

With this post you have doomed the Jayhawks to a round one defeat at the hands of Detroit.

:lol:

Tough draw for SDSU. I do t think we'll get past NC St.

At least I won't have to buy anyone a hat. :banana:

so...

hey....if i take University of Detroit, can i alter the terms a little? I already have a Kansas hat from a couple years ago :pointstosky: and i dont wanna have to drive into the ghetto to get a UD hat. How about we pay off the bet with MLB hats? you win, i send a tigers (or Redwings, pistons or lions..your choice) hat out. I win, you send me a Royals hat?

so...

Whichever?

You disappoint me Chad. :thumbsdown:

hey....if i take University of Detroit, can i alter the terms a little? I already have a Kansas hat from a couple years ago :pointstosky: and i dont wanna have to drive into the ghetto to get a UD hat. How about we pay off the bet with MLB hats? you win, i send a tigers (or Redwings, pistons or lions..your choice) hat out. I win, you send me a Royals hat?

uuhhhh, sure :blink:

(I must admit, I'm a little surprised to see someone jump out to represent a #15 seed)

Whichever?

You disappoint me Chad. :thumbsdown:

As a KU fan that will speak no ill will of the Tigers (hey, I have three kids where someday it will be cheaper to pay in-state tui at MU than somewhere like KU) I must admit that all the garbage you MU fans have posted on facebook and everywhere else I have heard about it is about to make me gag.

You guys are all up on your mighty pedestal now that you won the Big 12 tourney on your way out, flippin the rest of the league the bird. Well as Doc Holiday's nemesis would say, "well, bye".

You guys are like what 4-15 against Bill Self. And have won the conference tourney what twice? Have you ever won the league regular season title since the league was formed? Yet now all of a sudden you guys are too good for us and expect for us to wish you well in your new endeavors.

meh, not gonna hurt my feelings if you guys don't make it to the sweet 16 :sleep:

As a KU fan that will speak no ill will of the Tigers (hey, I have three kids where someday it will be cheaper to pay in-state tui at MU than somewhere like KU) I must admit that all the garbage you MU fans have posted on facebook and everywhere else I have heard about it is about to make me gag.

You guys are all up on your mighty pedestal now that you won the Big 12 tourney on your way out, flippin the rest of the league the bird. Well as Doc Holiday's nemesis would say, "well, bye".

You guys are like what 4-15 against Bill Self. And have won the conference tourney what twice? Have you ever won the league regular season title since the league was formed? Yet now all of a sudden you guys are too good for us and expect for us to wish you well in your new endeavors.

meh, not gonna hurt my feelings if you guys don't make it to the sweet 16 :sleep:

I don't expect anything from a KU fan but c'mon you seriously wouldn't want to see the stars align and the schools play for the NC?

I approve for the second round.

The second round or what is now the third round? (I think they're calling these idiotic play in games the "first round" now)

Missouri's biggest positive: avoiding teams with athletic size until possibly the final four

Missouri's biggest negative: coaching inexperience (Frank Haith making his second tournament appearance. A major trend regarding teams that make the Final Four is whether their head coach has been to multiple tournaments, and whether he has made an elite eight for farther)

I don't expect anything from a KU fan but c'mon you seriously wouldn't want to see the stars align and the schools play for the NC?

not really I'd never live that down if Mizzou beat KU to get their first ever NC. I'd rather MU continue to be the red-headed step-child of now the SEC as kentucky walks their dog year in and year out

uuhhhh, sure :blink:

(I must admit, I'm a little surprised to see someone jump out to represent a #15 seed)

Its a hat, and like i said i have a jayhawks hat from a couple years back when they lost to MSU. Detroit's odds are about the same as Kansas had to beat MSU in '09 so I am kinda returning the favor. :dunno:

Its a hat, and like i said i have a jayhawks hat from a couple years back when they lost to MSU. Detroit's odds are about the same as Kansas had to beat MSU in '09 so I am kinda returning the favor. :dunno:

:headbanger:

The second round or what is now the third round? (I think they're calling these idiotic play in games the "first round" now)

The third round I guess. My UNC would face your Bama if they won.

I'll take Indiana, doubt anyone has either of the 1st 2 teams they would face.

I'll take Indiana, doubt anyone has either of the 1st 2 teams they would face.

You will need approval from the Wichita St owner (JTB).

lol so I'm pretty much buying a hat for either Zero or Remote because there's no way in hell Bama gets to the Sweet Sixteen

Ohio State