Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Zach Ertz out today

Per Adam Schefter...

Eagles TE Zach Ertz is out today, per source. Struggled through warmups and Eagles decided to hold him out.

Trey Burton becomes an interesting play for me against a Broncos secondary that covers wideouts extremely well.

Darn it. I was going to ask given my following lineup (see bottom), should Drop Duke Johnson for Corey Davis for ROS in a Keeper League. (we can only keep 2 players though and I probably wouldn't even keep him, but would prevent someone else from keeping him).

Now i have to focus my attention on replacing Ertz. I have Delanie Walker, but he has his issues too. Others available: Kroft, Watson, Kittle, Griffin, Derby, Howard.

Any advise?

Any word on Walker?

Walker is active. In your situation I'd just go with him vs dropping someone that is just as much a crap shoot if not more than Walker

• Like 1

I'm going Trey Burton as well. He's the guy I get mad at when I see a TE catching a TD on the Eagles not named Ertz. :lol:

Denver has a stout run D and amazing secondary which leaves the middle of the field wide open for the TE to roam as the outlet pass for opposing QB's. Denver gets roasted by TE's, Wentz obviously likes to throw to the TE, and Burton is similar athletically to Ertz. I'm obviously not as confident as I would be rolling Ertz out but not feeling like Burton is a huge downgrade here.

Would anyone now prefer Cousins over Wentz given this news?

Probably not. No Reed, no Crowder....I guess it's a toss up against two tougher defenses.