Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

If you had to choose one condiment to go with your meals for the rest of your life

Wow. Whiff the man of reason. Not a huge fan of ketchup but yes a good meatloaf traditional recipe has it (funny. My dinner tonight)

And yes BBQ sauce starts with catsup

Does it really matter of ketchup is in BBQ for this conversation? Not sure that this point is for?

Yeah meatloaf I suppose. Not much else.

Does it really matter of ketchup is in BBQ for this conversation? Not sure that this point is for?

Given your family, you probably called it marinara.

Butter

I didn't think this was a condiment - is it? I always thought of it as a dairy.

But if it is, I'm def changing my vote!

I didn't think this was a condiment - is it? I always thought of it as a dairy.

But if it is, I'm def changing my vote!

#metoo

Butter is not a condiment.

You can tell we're lacking some Sirius Eastern Europeans here. Not even an honorable mention for horseradish.

My step Nazi grandfather would grow the in the backyard and grind it himself in the kitchen. No at to block Square radius would be a FEMA Zone these days. I joined him a few times and honest to God, you would much rather be pepper-sprayed.

But as with most things? The fresh ground? Doesn't even compare to the crap in the store which is basically spicy mayonnaise.

I would put his horseradish up against toughest Wasabi any day.

And by the way kids, if you think you're paying for an eating Wasabi at a sushi joint here in the states? You're not. It's horseradish and food coloring. Virtually guaranteed 99% of the time.

So, not all BBQ sauce is ketchup based.

Not at all... In fact, I don't care for any really that are.

Butter is not a condiment.

You can tell we're lacking some Sirius Eastern Europeans here. Not even an honorable mention for horseradish.

My step Nazi grandfather would grow the ###### in the backyard and grind it himself in the kitchen. No ###### at to block Square radius would be a FEMA Zone these days. I joined him a few times and honest to God, you would much rather be pepper-sprayed.

But as with most things? The fresh ground? Doesn't even compare to the crap in the store which is basically spicy mayonnaise.

I would put his horseradish up against toughest Wasabi any day.

And by the way kids, if you think you're paying for an eating Wasabi at a sushi joint here in the states? You're not. It's horseradish and food coloring. Virtually guaranteed 99% of the time.

Horseradish is up there. I put it on my meatloaf, sometimes pot roast, and ofcourse beef on weck.

Horseradish is up there. I put it on my meatloaf, sometimes pot roast, and ofcourse beef on weck.

Good on ya. Beef on weck just ain't right without it.

Given your family, you probably called it marinara.

Right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup

Right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup

That's cuz you're an average nobody. You get to live the rest of your life like a schnook.

for virtually anything we would use ketchup for, i use bbq (including meatloaf... would also use chopped bacon and shredded gouda)

• Like 1

for virtually anything we would use ketchup for, i use bbq (including meatloaf... would also use chopped bacon and shredded gouda)

The only barbecue sauce that I've liked for its intended purpose it's probably Luther's. I know you can find knockoff recipes on the web. Their stuff was perfect. Not too sickly sweet. Not too overly thick. Nice little Tang on the back end. I'm sorry they're not still around.

• Like 1

The only condiment I generally use is BBQ sauce... maybe ketchup if I have fries but not very often. I'll go with BBQ sauce.

The only condiment I generally use is BBQ sauce... maybe ketchup if I have fries but not very often. I'll go with BBQ sauce.

.... my preferred for fries

Why is butter being DQ'd again? Because it's so awesome and versatile and you put it ion stuff, just like every other condiment?

BBQ or hoisin for me

Not my first choice, but I have been trying to cook more with miso recently and have had some good miso based salad dressings. Before a month ago I had only ever had it sparingly in ramen.

It is dirt cheap and worth trying out in various ways, but it is probably a fad I am going through.

To answer honestly I would have to think a long time between BBQ and hoisin. I already cook hoisin ribs and could probably adapt many of my other recipes.

Big fan of miso. Used to make a miso/green apple dressing.

Also make hoisin based ribs.

bacon relish, jelly, or jam

OK but not straight out bacon

Use A-1 instead of ketchup. Boom. Better.

According to Wikipedia, butter is indeed a condiment. Game, set match.

According to Wikipedia, butter is indeed a condiment. Game, set match.

Hot sauce is more important then butter

• Like 1

Nothing tastier than a big old pat of butter on my French fries! And nachos? Don't even get me started!

It's a condiment. The greatest condiment of all. Get over it.

Anyone else dip grilled cheese in ketchup? :unsure:

Tomato soup yes. Ketchup no.

I gotta say it is a condiment. It is put on the table in its own special little dish with its own special little knife. Like salt, pepper, and sugar. You dont eat it on its own. It is expressly there to be put on other foods, bread, potatoes, etc. sounds like a condiment to me.

• Like 1

What do you put on your baked potato? Or your popcorn?

I know you think you just invented the wheel or something here sport but how many places you can post the same point?

I gotta say it is a condiment. It is put on the table in its own special little dish with its own special little knife. Like salt, pepper, and sugar. You dont eat it on its own. It is expressly there to be put on other foods, bread, potatoes, etc. sounds like a condiment to me.

Shredded cheese is then too.