Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Cobb worthy of a start

Packers declared Greg Jennings (groin) inactive for Thursday's Week 2 game against the Bears.

I assume a vote for Cobb?

I am starting him over a gimpy Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith and James Jones although I am getting a bad gut feeling.

i'm sticking with brown. i was high on him to start the season, i'm not gonna go away from it after 1 week. maybe i'll be completely wrong, but i gotta see it first. both should get a lot of looks, may not matter a ton anyway.

I'm in the same situation. I'm going with Cobb. Luck put 300yrds on the Bears. I think Rogers goes wild, and Cobb does as well.

I have no idea vs Brown but Cobb is probably worthy of being in PPR lineups. I managed to draft and drop Cobb in two leagues so I won't feel great about watching him explode but at least I'm starting Rodgers, so I'm on board with whatever happens.

All I know is that Cobb has gone from flier to WR 3 start very quickly.

I'll be interested to see how they utilize him.

I starting Cobb!I should add the reason why- it's prime time for one-

Secondly, Tillman is playing but really Hurt which will leave them handicapped of he plays and if he leaves like last week, then they are thin at CB

Urlacher is hurt also, he to is playing but not 100%

Hope I'm right.

And I'm starting him in a non ppr

I'm in the same situation. I'm going with Cobb. Luck put 300yrds on the Bears. I think Rogers goes wild, and Cobb does as well.

I have them both as options for my flex spot as well. If it was PPR i'd probably lean towards Cobb but my league is standard so im going with D. Brown. I'd rather go with a starting RB over a 3rd WR in that case. Brown had an ok game last week(48 yds and a TD) in a game they were pretty much getting blown out. This week they play the Vikings and it should be a closer game, so I see him getting more carries this week against a much weaker MIN D.

I'm plugging him in over Vincent Jackson in a .5 PPR with return yards. I wasn't planning on it until Jennings was ruled out.

Would you start Cobb over Lloyd, Nicks, or Stevie Johnson in a non-ppr?

Maybe Cobb explodes and goes for 10-120-2 but Cobb has 1 NFL touchdown receiving in his career. 1.

In a non PPR, I'd be sticking with guys who have done it before...

And now he's hurt. Oops.

Looks like a shoulder stinger!!

And now he's hurt. Oops.

That's my luck, hopefully it's nothing serious. Already dealt with this last week with Fred Jackson.

That's my luck, hopefully it's nothing serious. Already dealt with this last week with Fred Jackson.

Okay, he's back in.

He's back!!

And he's been in for 1 offensive play... Which he got hurt on!

Won't even mention who I cut to pick Hume up! Oops!!!!

Are you me? Same exact bad break, brother.

Put him in at the last minute.

I also started Cutler, Rogers, Forte and Marshall in 2 different leagues :cry: :cry:

I'm plugging him in over Vincent Jackson in a .5 PPR with return yards. I wasn't planning on it until Jennings was ruled out.

Despite the game last night, I would always start Cobb over Vincent Jackson in that system.

Put him in at the last minute.

I also started Cutler, Rogers, Forte and Marshall in 2 different leagues :cry: :cry:

Good.

Despite the game last night, I would always start Cobb over Vincent Jackson in that system.

I have both, but I just can't see starting Cobb over Jackson at this point. I would agree that Cobb may possibly have a higher ceiling in any given game, but he also has the lower floor as well. Not sure if you watched the TB game in week one. Jackson was targeted something like 10 times and, even more importantly, when the game was on the line and they needed to move the chains, Jackson got the ball. There is absolutely no question who TB's #1 WR is. He will get his looks each and every week. His #'s may have not been that good week one, but they were close on a couple of big plays, which would have completely changed the conversation. Cobb on the other hand, while in a better offense, is definitely lower on the pecking order. Once Jennings is back he will be at least third if not fourth behind Jennings, Nelson and likely even Finley. I understand they want to get him involved more and are looking for creative ways to do so, but it looks like he's more of a situational play and far from the focal point on that offense. That means his touches will likely be very inconsistent, as will his production. I would think there would have to be a long term injury for him to have the consistency to move ahead of Jackson, at least in my eyes.

Would you start Cobb over Lloyd, Nicks, or Stevie Johnson in a non-ppr?

At the drop of a hat

We can only start 2 so yeah I started him. So now I have to choose 1 between Dez Bryant,victor Cruz & Dwayne Bowe. Probably will roll with Cruz. Shoulda waited a week to see how he was gonna do before starting him.I could have Dez and Vic Cruz as my WR's.

We can only start 2 so yeah I started him. So now I have to choose 1 between Dez Bryant,victor Cruz & Dwayne Bowe. Probably will roll with Cruz. Shoulda waited a week to see how he was gonna do before starting him.I could have Dez and Vic Cruz as my WR's.

I did my best to be the voice of reason. Cruz and Dez should be locks in your lineup for at least the first month of the season. I do really like Bowe's matchup against a secondary that the Jets's torched but I'm not sure quite how caught up he is on the offense.

Flip a coin on Cruz and Dez. Both are great options or favor Cruz PPR/Dez standard. Both are great options.