Sign in to follow this  
jdon

Spencer Ware?

A buddy and I were talking about Ware. I think he is nothing special and Spiller could be the back for all we know. My friend thinks Ware is a solid top 15 running back who has potential to finish top 7.

What are other people thinking?

I'd say top 15 is very attainable if stays healthy but you are right he is nothing that special

• Like 1

I think he could be top 15 next year. Talk of QB Smith may not be with the chefs this year and depending who they get could impact Ware. Charles is gone so Spencer has incentive to go take the job. Not sure how stable or good their O-line is but that could play a factor. I say he's got a year in the league, knows what to expect of him & I think he'll be a top 15 to 20 back next year with upside & a chance to show if he's got 'it'.

One word. Reid. Kills his value. Don't know how many times I heard Reid say that he should've gone to Ware more in his post game pressers.

Ware seems like a guy who could really thrive with 20-25 touches in the run and passing game but Reid says NOPE.

He only scored a total of five tds last season, that's a concern.

Top 15 might still be a little high for him.

If healthy top 15 is doable but I don't see the top 10 upside. I was probably the biggest Ware tout on the board at the start of last season.

KC really does this strange 1A and 1B with Ware and West. Now West doesn't get that many touches but he robs snaps. They are used interchangeably on the goal line. This all limits Ware's upside.

They also started to give Gill more caries at the end of the season and that could limit Ware this season.

I wouldn't sleep on charcandrick west

Ware disappointed me big time last year. I thought he had the talent and as long as he had 15+ carries he would be great.

He had a lot of carries last year. The 1st half he was a machine. The 2nd half of the season his ypc really tailed off. Idk why his production per touch dropped. Idk why he was stuffed so many damn times at the goal line.

There was one aspect that Andy Reid way underutilized, Wares catching ability. That is what I don't understand. West is a mediocre receiver and dropped some passes that should have been caught. West flat out sucks imo. A worse runner, a worse receiver, and I don't think his blitz pickup was any better than Ware. Yet Reid acted like West was his far superior option on 3rd down. Why Reid insists on pushing inferior talent I don't know. Ware should be a 50 catch per year guy, at the very least. He should be getting consistent targets each and every week.

I am hoping he builds on last year's success. Something tells me he will because he seems hungry enough to want to improve. I am still in the camp that thinks he is good. Hill may limit his ceiling a bit, along with Reid being a moron with his personnel. Top 10 is easily achievable imo.

• Like 1

Ware was absolutely huge for me last year becoming a reliable RB2. Given how things are playing out I can see a repeat of last year. Hopefully some upside on TDs as they are flukey

Depends on what Ware we see.

His first 7 games he avg 16.7 ff points per game and avg 4.9 ypc

His last 8 games he avg 11.7 ff points per game and 3.8 ypc.

I was really excited about his ability and his chance at being the starter last season, but he really did tail off in the second half of the season.

One word. Reid. Kills his value. Don't know how many times I heard Reid say that he should've gone to Ware more in his post game pressers.

Ware seems like a guy who could really thrive with 20-25 touches in the run and passing game but Reid says NOPE.

this

Was a Ware owner last year, and he was a huge boon for me after not taking my first RB until Rd 5.

It was very evident though that he was completely gassed the last quarter of the season after having been used significantly more already than any of his previous pro seasons. Him losing the goal line touches to West killed me, but even outside of that he wasn't doing much with the touches he was getting, which was still a pretty significant number.

Looking back, I definitely should have traded high on him, but didn't have the foresight to see this coming.

I'd still draft him again as an RB2 though, maybe in the 3-5 RD range, but I'll definitely remember that for the 2nd half of the season, and make sure I have better options going into the stretch run.

If I draft Ware this year, and it's a big IF, you can bet I'm going to targeting Charcandrick West as well.

I still think the Chiefs could target a RB. Kamara might be a nice option for them

Lots going on in the Chiefs backfield, and they could go RB in the draft. Too soon to guess what value Ware is going to have, but a situation worth monitoring.