Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Saints and Seahawks working on Jimmy Graham trade!

Thank you to whatever mod combined thee threads. Big trade, I think the Seahawks got much better.

At what point does Bree's just quit on this team?

- complete fallout from the game ending Super Bowl int ...

... next time they have this beast to chuck it to -

blockbuster move for rahrah Petey and St. Russel

I remember the LoB getting mouthy w Graham last year wasn't it? Now they get to push him around the locker room..

Wilson cannot be drafted any lower than 4th qb off the board now. He was already a beast last year with no one to throw to. He takes Drew Brees spot effectively.

I remember the LoB getting mouthy w Graham last year wasn't it? Now they get to push him around the locker room..

Hehe. You mean this?

the only time Ive ever seen Jimmy Graham play was in Seattle. BRUCE IRVIN TOOK HIS BALL AND PUNTED IT AWAY.

Win for Jimmy Graham in that he no longer has to face @Kam_Chancellor and those guys in game situations (although practices intense enough).

Thank you to whatever mod combined thee threads. Big trade, I think the Seahawks got much better.

Graham helps for sure.

But losing Unger with a line already having a few issues.

Definitely helps WIlson...but Grahams value takes a hit.

Graham helps for sure.

But losing Unger with a line already having a few issues.

Definitely helps WIlson...but Grahams value takes a hit.

I think that is the heart of it. Overall though its a fanatisically smart move. 3rd downs now become much harder to defend.

Gotta be a bummer for luke wilson though, I was kinda thinking he was just starting to come into his own.

Now all we have to do is draft an offensive line.

Awesome . Time to look at that TE ff list now . Work to do

This was a great trade for the Saints. Gives them much needed cap room, adds a prow bowl center (that was a glaring need), and another first round draft pick. Great move for Payton and Loomis.

Congratulations Seattle. You just acquired another teams problem. Graham plays poorly against good defenses. Most teams have learned that jamming him at the line and disrupting his routes frustrates and takes him out of his game. Just ask your defense. They did a pretty good job of it. Also, your division has very good defenses. But I don't need to tell you that. He's an average blocker at best. That doesn't bode well for a running team like Seattle. He also has a shoulder injury that should have been operated on last year but he elected to not have it done.He tested it in the Pro Bowl and said after the game he shouldn't have played and maybe should have had the surgery. He still hasn't had the surgery. He's one fall from being out for the year. He also doesn't play well with pain.

Enjoy your ten million dollar man. The only reason the Saints signed him to that ridiculous contract was their Super Bowl window was closing fast and they thought last year was the year. They had no intention of keeping him this year.

Great trade for the Saints.

Official: Seahawks trade C Max Unger and 2015 1st-round draft pick (No.31) to Saints for TE Jimmy Graham and a 2015 4th-rd draft pick.

Graham is 10 mil a year. Cutting miller, unger part of the deal, and not paying for a first rounder makes the money just about a wash. Good job Schnieder.

Good trade but where the saints were a passing team the Seahawks are a running team. Would not expect the same elite fantasy numbers from graham that he has had in the last few years

Good trade but where the saints were a passing team the Seahawks are a running team. Would not expect the same elite fantasy numbers from graham that he has had in the last few years

jimmy loves seattle

Graham is 10 mil a year. Cutting miller, unger part of the deal, and not paying for a first rounder makes the money just about a wash. Good job Schnieder.

I've seen Graham's cap hit as 8/9/10 mil the next three years (it was 13 last year). Cheaper than Julius and doesn't hurt what should be good compensatory picks next year for losing FAs like Maxwell.

As a Brees owner this kind of sucks.

Gonna suck more when he gets traded to the Jags.

Gonna suck more when he gets traded to the Jags.

WIthout Graham, it's no contest; the Jags for sure have a better pass catching crew than the Saints do.

For those in dynasty leagues, you might want to consider looking at Josh Hill on the Saints now that Graham is gone. He's fast for a TE (4.6 40) and good after the catch. His role might increase considerably next year. I'm not saying Graham #'s but decent production in 2015 and he's still developing.

It sounds as if Graham was as totally surprised as the rest of us:

Were you surprised the Saints traded you? “It was definitely shocking. I had worked out in the morning, and I’m actually a pilot, so I took the plane to get some food, so I was actually on a beach down in Florida when I got the call from Sean Payton letting me know that I had just been traded. I was just working out and kind of doing my offseason thing, and next thing I know I’m a Seahawk.”

On if he had any thoughts that the Saints might be interested in trading him: “No, not at all really. I would say about a month ago, maybe not even a month ago, I was in the city and saw Mickey (Loomis) and was talking about next season with Mickey. Even when the season ended, just talking with the coaches, talking about what we’re going to do, what we’re going to work on, so it was definitely out of left field.”

Read (and/or listen to) the remainder of a truly interesting interview here: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/newest-seahawk-jimmy-graham-speaks/

i think this is a solid move for Seattle.

i have begun to worry about the durability of Graham though.

his YPR has fallen off a bit, too.

graham's prospects notsogood for FF, but good for Sea overall.

big bump for wilson.

Wut?

Amazing. How do they have the room to do that and keep enough parts?

When your on a seriously contending team that maybe set up to have a run. Players will take a little less if it increases the chance for a ring. Especially if they can also get ad deals to sell things. Like insurance for instance. The biggest names in the game have always gained most of their money from endorsements.