Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Rams trading Bradford to Eagles for Foles...

Why in the fock would Kelly want Bradford? Unless a #1 or #2 is involved - makes no sense. Bradford sucks.

Bradford clearly isn't the answer. That guy has the durability of a Lay's potato chip, pardon the pun.

Maybe Chip thinks he can package Bradford and a couple of #1s to trade with the Titans to get Mariota, though I can't see Tennessee being interested.

So they give up no draft picks if Bradford doesn't play for the Eagles? Sure seems like Bradford is going to be dealt in a draft day deal to acquire Mariotta. It's obvious Chip has something up his sleeve. Add in the fact that they paid Sanchez pretty well and it seems safe to assume he will be playing a decent amount in 2015.

So they give up no draft picks if Bradford doesn't play for the Eagles? Sure seems like Bradford is going to be dealt in a draft day deal to acquire Mariotta. It's obvious Chip has something up his sleeve. Add in the fact that they paid Sanchez pretty well and it seems safe to assume he will be playing a decent amount in 2015.

Details are still fuzzy, but it sounds like the Eagles give up a second next year year no matter what, and the Rams give them back a 3 if Bradford doesn't play, and a 4 if he plays less than half the snaps.

Apparently Chip has been getting offers for Sam Bradford one of which was a first round draft pick. There's always a possibility he's bluffing

Apparently Chip has been getting offers for Sam Bradford one of which was a first round draft pick. There's always a possibility he's bluffing

Yeah I'm calling bullsheet on this one.

Sam Bradford (ACL) says he'll be ready for training camp.

Bradford said he began a throwing program 2-3 weeks ago. Bradford also acknowledged the Eagles took a "leap of faith" by acquiring him, and that he'll have to compete for the starting job. If he's at full health, Bradford will be the favorite over Mark Sanchez.

Sam Bradford (ACL) says he'll be hurt by week 2.

Bradford said he began a throwing program 2-3 weeks ago. Bradford also acknowledged the Eagles "were really stupid" for acquiring him, and that he'll likely get hurt trying to compete for the starting job. If he's at full health, Bradford will be just slightly better than Mark Sanchez.
  • Like 2

they gonna have to sign crabtree

heh...

Can you envision Kelly & Crabtree working together in a state of harmony?

Couldn't wish it on a nicer team, though. :P

Utter baloney. This is all just added desperation to make a play for Mariota. No team would give a 1 for the awful bradford.

He neglected to specify they were first round picks in the 2025 draft.

He neglected to specify they were first round picks in the 2025 draft.

Teams can only trade futures up to the 2024 draft. Your theory is bunk

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from the Pro Day circuit that "some coaches" around the league are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.

There's belief in league circles that Bradford will be used as trade bait to get to the Titans at No. 2 overall, where Chip Kelly could select Marcus Mariota. Kelly's affinity for Mariota is well known. Kelly has shown he isn't scared to make bold, complicated football decisions. It's anyone's guess as to what he'll do. We also wouldn't rule out a trade up to No. 1 overall. Bradford's pocket-passer style would fit well in new Bucs OC Dirk Koetter's offense.

i agree with this and think ryan mathews will be used in the trade as well

I hope so cause the idea of dealing Foles plus picks for Bradford ... yuck.

I hope so cause the idea of dealing Foles plus picks for Bradford ... yuck.

It's not like Foles was Joe Montana. He took a huge step backwards last year. He led the league in turnovers until he got hurt. I'm hoping Chip somehow packages Sam and gets Mariota, but I wouldn't bee too p!ssed if Sam was the opening day starter.

It's not like Foles was Joe Montana. He took a huge step backwards last year. He led the league in turnovers until he got hurt. I'm hoping Chip somehow packages Sam and gets Mariota, but I wouldn't bee too p!ssed if Sam was the opening day starter.

I don't mind moving on from Foles, I just question trading him for an older, more expensive QB with an extensive injury history who hasn't been as good even when healthy. Plus a high pick. :dunno: :doh:

I think we end up drafting a QB this year anyway, if not Mariota then a later option.

I don't mind moving on from Foles, I just question trading him for an older, more expensive QB with an extensive injury history who hasn't been as good even when healthy. Plus a high pick. :dunno: :doh:

I think we end up drafting a QB this year anyway, if not Mariota then a later option.

i think bradford will flourish (if he can stay healthy) in chip's system as opposed to the sh*tstorm the rams rolled out

i think bradford will flourish (if he can stay healthy) in chip's system as opposed to the sh*tstorm the rams rolled out

that's a safe statement. if bradford can't thrive in a scheme that made sanchez look good, then he really ought to take up wakeboarding or tree trimming as a career.

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from the Pro Day circuit that "some coaches" around the league are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.

There's belief in league circles that Bradford will be used as trade bait to get to the Titans at No. 2 overall, where Chip Kelly could select Marcus Mariota. Kelly's affinity for Mariota is well known. Kelly has shown he isn't scared to make bold, complicated football decisions. It's anyone's guess as to what he'll do. We also wouldn't rule out a trade up to No. 1 overall. Bradford's pocket-passer style would fit well in new Bucs OC Dirk Koetter's offense.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

i agree with this and think ryan mathews will be used in the trade as well

Pure speculation. No way Bradford is the sort of trade bait to get you into the top two picks. He was basically a bust and is coming off a major injury to boot. Sure maybe you take him on as a reclamation project but you sure as hell don't give up the farm to get him

that's a safe statement. if bradford can't thrive in a scheme that made sanchez look good, then he really ought to take up wakeboarding or tree trimming as a career.

my bigger point is the rams suck and we don't know how good he'll be on a better team

my bigger point is the rams suck and we don't know how good he'll be on a better team

i won't disagree with that. it's a shame--the rams have had a lot of potential for a couple of years, and their defense is getting seriously scary.

can you imagine if they actually got a legit QB and a solid system? they'd be an instant contender.

i won't disagree with that. it's a shame--the rams have had a lot of potential for a couple of years, and their defense is getting seriously scary.

can you imagine if they actually got a legit QB and a solid system? they'd be an instant contender.

enter foles

enter foles

He's going to be terrible, book it

• Like 1

Foles problem in St Louis will be the same issue Bradford had: the OL and skill position players are bad. I like Foles and hope he's successful but if I had to guess I'd say he has a tough time of it.

Foles problem in St Louis will be the same issue Bradford had: the OL and skill position players are bad. I like Foles and hope he's successful but if I had to guess I'd say he has a tough time of it.

I think he puts up numbers in StL... Rams made an absolutely killer trade...

I agree. Bradford was putting up respectable fantasy numbers before he got hurt in 2013.

I hope you're right but that's among the worst lines and skill position players in the league.

I hope you're right but that's among the worst lines and skill position players in the league.

didn't they resign kenny britt

1. First 8 games trot out Bradford to hand the ball off to Murray.

2. Take him out for the rest of the game.

3. ???

4. Profit (2nd round pick)

I've watched Bradford play live since his Oklahoma days. The difference between now and then is amazing. His rookie season with the Rams, he was poised, made intelligent decisions, and wasn't afraid to throw into coverage. He had confidence.

Fast forward several years - Prior to his knee issues, he had serious accuracy issues. Not just "small" concerns, but major, missing guys who were wide open, concerns.

The debate is this; Was this a result of the Rams offensive line (or lack therof), or was this a QB who couldn't read an NFL Defense fast enough to make good decisions? I honestly don't think anyone knows, whether it's us here in St. Louis, or anywhere else. Sam took a major beating on nearly every drop back. He was flat out punished in this division. When he was injured against the Titans, he didn't look too bad, especially considering he had no offensive line and no WR's to work with. Oh yeah, the running game sucked too.

I was a Bradford fan and wanted the Rams to take him. I totally understand them trading him as he refused a pay cut. That said, I hope he does well wherever he ends up. I'm not sure Philly will keep him, but if the do, he's a much better QB than most people realize. Keeping him healthy will be an issue, but he won't be facing Seattle and the 49'ers 4 times per year. He won't be playing for a Head Coach who is stuck in the 1980's and he will be back playing in his old college system, the spread formation and likely quite a bit of it from the Shotgun. The Rams tried to make him into something he's not. He needs to be in a spread offense where the passing game is the emphasis. Fisher stuck him behind the worst offensive line in the game and expected him to succeed.

I think it was a pretty dumb decision on Chip's part, but him having an offense that can put up points has never been an issue.

For the latter question someone asked.... The Rams have tried trading Bradford for two years. We couldn't find a taker. I don't believe the Browns offered a first round pick for him or the Rams would have gone that route. They'd rather have a first round pick so they could draft another defensive lineman, you know, because they protect the QB and all......

The niners are not even close to the same team

How do you think they'll do this season? I own Hyde in several dynasty leagues, but am curious about how he's viewed by the new staff. I haven't heard anyone say anything, positive or negative, about him. I like the Smith / Kaepernick pairing and can see them hooking up several times this season. The defense seems to be in shambles though.

How do you think they'll do this season? I own Hyde in several dynasty leagues, but am curious about how he's viewed by the new staff. I haven't heard anyone say anything, positive or negative, about him. I like the Smith / Kaepernick pairing and can see them hooking up several times this season. The defense seems to be in shambles though.

I was never a big hyde supporter. Kind of reminds me of monte ball after he disappointed the hell out of me. Volume is king in the land of the rb though, and i think hyde will have the volume. There really isnt a lot of competition in SF so hes safe there. Tomasula, incompetent as he sounds, seems like an old school coach that is probably more of a bell cow type coach.