Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Ryan Mathews to the Eagles - May Back Out If Murray Signs

So the Eagles starting Qb and Rb have started 28 of the 64 possible regular season games over the last 2 years - just 7 games total combined for last year.

Mover over Rocky Balboa, Philly has a new hero in Chip! :D

• Like 2

Three-year deal.

Chip Kelly couldn't answer question about Ryan Mathews, but now he can: former Chargers RB signed a 3-year deal w/ the Eagles.

Mathews is getting less to go to Philly than Shane Vereen is to go to NY where Vereen will very likely be in a 3 way timeshare.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of it, but there is almost always some important info in reading between the lines when it comes to contracts.

Mathews is getting less to go to Philly than Shane Vereen is to go to NY where Vereen will very likely be in a 3 way timeshare.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of it, but there is almost always some important info in reading between the lines when it comes to contracts.

Who knows if the reports of them still pursuing DeMarco Murray are true or not but if he's only getting $5 million is guaranteed, which has been reported, that doesn't sound like starter money to me.

I predict Mathews plays 8 games this year. With how often and how fast Phillys offense goes he won't be able to maintain that pace without getting hurt. Bradford included

It means Sproles will probably be doing the heavy shuffeling, once Mathews gets hurt again. He will team with Bradford on the injury report.

OMG - This team aged over night. Now just a bunch of injury concerns and questionable players. So much for the nice young talent grooming in Phily.

:doh:

I predict Mathews plays 8 games this year. With how often and how fast Phillys offense goes he won't be able to maintain that pace without getting hurt. Bradford included

OP please change the title of the thread to Chris Polk: Steal of your 2015 draft.

First 70 yard gain - both Bradford and Matthews go down trying to run up to the line of scrimmage. :lol:

Chargers are going with the Oliver and Woodhead combo then . Good move for the Chargers .

Chargers are going with the Oliver and Woodhead combo then . Good move for the Chargers .

Neither of them will be starting for the Chargers. Two zeroes trying to be ones.

2 of his 8 games will be against DAL, and he will rack up 341 yards and 4 TDs.

• Like 1

OP please change the title of the thread to Chris Polk: Steal of your 2015 draft.

As an accidental Chris Polk owner, this makes me happy. I always knew deep down every team carries at least three RBs so the Eagles were going to get another RB regardless. If they are going to get one more talented than Polk, they may as well get the most fragile gimp out there.

I'll have to make contact with the Mathews owner to see what he wants for him -or- is willing to give me for Polk.

And I agree with you, I'll be willing to bite early on Polk if I have Mathews or not. I don't trust that guy.

Now Chip needs to stop flirting with DeMarco.

Looks like Matthews isn't exactly signed yet. Be interesting to see if Chip pulls his offer back if/when Murray signs.

Looks like Matthews isn't exactly signed yet. Be interesting to see if Chip pulls his offer back if/when Murray signs.

The Eagles and Mathews have agreed to terms, but are awaiting the results of a physical before they sign. Chip could rescind his offer, but if he does and Mathews passes a physical, what player or agent would be willing to negotiate in good faith with the organization again?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sources-eagles-agree-deal-ryan-mathews-191012386--nfl.html;_ylt=A0LEVjrXogFVpGcATGonnIlQ

Rotoworld saying Ryan Mathews having second thoughts about signing with Philly (doesn't want to be relegated to a back up role with few carries) if DeMarco signs with Philly.

Not sure about that, but the move to pick up Orlando Franklin was genius.

Not to sure what Matthew would be worried about . He is just a part time player anyway . Good move for the Chargers to let him walk .

I don't think this hurt's Murray's value a bit. Mathews is probably best suited for a backup role and $5 million guaranteed isn't starter money.

It's a lot of coin to tie up in the RB position. I have to question the Eagles' decision making on this

I don't think this hurt's Murray's value a bit. Mathews is probably best suited for a backup role and $5 million guaranteed isn't starter money.

I am agreed with that take but I'm hopeful Murray falls in redraft due to confusion-uncertainty. I think the smart thing for the Eagles to do, or any team that would have signed him, is to throttle down on Murray esp this year, averaging 20 carries and 4-5 catches seems right.

The Eagles run so many plays when things are going right for them that I could see Mathews taking every 3rd series of the game minus the 4th Q with Sproles coming in on 3rd downs for Mathews series as well as each spelling Murray occasionally.

I wouldn't want more than 25 touches a game for Murray especially this year, so if you are somebody who thinks not getting 400+ touches hurts his value then maybe it hurts in your mind but that's the perception I'm hoping for in redraft anyway. A pervasive series of summer articles about the curse of 400 plus doubts about how the Eagles will split the touches. If there is just any way that Murray could fall to the late 2nd early 3rd.........

Philly now has some pretty cheap Murray insurance in a Mathews/Sproles combo and the same may be true in FF, cheap handcuff.

How bout package Bradford and Ryan Mathews and this year's first round pick for Bucs number 1?

And the Bucs would do that why?