Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Mike Wallace to the Vikings, Greg Jennings released

Between his salary and him quitting on the Dolphins last year, I'm dubious, but for a 5th round pick, I can see taking the risk.

He wasn't being used properly in Miami. Maybe a better scheme fit in Minny. They didn't pay much to find out. Pretty low risk trade that could pay off

I'm not sure if this is indeed a low risk move for the Vikes. They are taking over his ridiculous contract and paid a 5th round pick for that right. Per PFT:

Wallace has a base salary of $9.85 million in 2015 and is signed for two more years with salaries of $11.45 million each year.

I think this trade actually favors the Fins. If the Vikes learn how to use him well, it might be worth it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Wallace spells team with a I . I can why the Vikings would take a shot with him . But he is overrated.

I'm not sure if this is indeed a low risk move for the Vikes. They are taking over his ridiculous contract and paid a 5th round pick for that right. Per PFT:

He does have a big contract, but if they cut him, it doesn't cost them anything.

He does have a big contract, but if they cut him, it doesn't cost them anything.

Yeah this is key. Vikes aren't on the hook for the guaranteed money so they can cut him with no repercussions.

Pay him a bunch this year and see if it works out. If it does then restructure. If not, oh well you're only out of a fifth round pick.

I have my doubts about Wallace but this was a good move for Minny :thumbsup:

Which almost 20 mil is better spent.

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb

or

Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings?

Though...for a 5th round pick and if you have the cap room...why not.

Smart to give weapons to a young QB.

Which almost 20 mil is better spent.

Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb

or

Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings?

Though...for a 5th round pick and if you have the cap room...why not.

Smart to give weapons to a young QB.

I'm guessing Jennings becomes a cap casualty and gets cut because of this, which I actually don't like. I feel like he's a good pro who can teach the young guys, where Wallace is a prima donna. I hope they find a way to keep both and Wallace doesn't quit on us.

Wallace has been going downhill since his cameo in The Dark Knight Rises.

Bridgewater doesn't have the strongest arm; I don't think Wallace is a good fit there, regardless of the malcontent prima donna stuff.