Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

Pure Speculation: Brees to Denver in 2016

It's the final hurrah for Peyton this year, regardless of a ring or not. Brees has a 27.6 million cap # on a Saints team that has no room for it. So they'll try and restructure, Brees will balk and end up in Denver who's window is still open.

They should trade for Brees now and open up a QB competition just for funny. Think of the awesome commercial tie-ins.

It's not a crazy idea, just cap dollars-wise. Peyton costs just $2.5mm in dead money if they cut him in 2016, and they should have over $40mm in cap space next season also - so even if Brees is simply given the same salary he's expecting from the Saints, the Broncos can afford it while the Saints cannot.

of course, there's a people dimension to it too - namely, does Peyton still want to play? If he decides he still has life left in that arm, he'll be their guy.

It's not a crazy idea, just cap dollars-wise. Peyton costs just $2.5mm in dead money if they cut him in 2016, and they should have over $40mm in cap space next season also - so even if Brees is simply given the same salary he's expecting from the Saints, the Broncos can afford it while the Saints cannot.

of course, there's a people dimension to it too - namely, does Peyton still want to play? If he decides he still has life left in that arm, he'll be their guy.

Watching him throw it doesnt seem like there is much life left in his arm.

Nope it won't happen . No way no how

I really don't see it as that much of a stretch. The question marks I have are about Brees ability to fit into Kubiak's scheme. Other than that it makes pretty good sense to me.