Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Any of you draft your next years draft slot?

Apparently our league may go to this next year.....some people want to move back, move up, etc so last place picks first...on and on.

Any of you guys do this? Not even sure what the pros and cons of this would be or if their would even be much variance?

Any insight is appreciated.

we just do a random pick order right before the draft. Keeps it simple and fair. Never really had any issues with that aside from players not liking their draft order. Nothing's ever said since it's a random draw.

We draw names out of a hat to determine the order that teams get to select their draft spot. Went to this a few years back (league around since 2004) and it adds some fun. We usually do the hat drawing about a month before the draft and it takes a week or so for people to make their draft slot picks. That gives teams a few weeks to do some mocks drafts at their actual draft slot before the real draft.

In my 10 man league 4 players make the playoffs and we play until week 14 for the regular season. In the losers bracket there continues to be h2h competition . The 3 winners play each other week 16 for 1-3 draft positions and the 3 losers play each other week 16 for 4-6 draft positions. Then from the winners bracket that filters like a normal bracket and 1st place gets pick 10, 3nd place gets pick 9, 3nd place gets pick 8 and 4th place gets pick 7 in next years draft.

This keeps the integrity of the league going strong throughout the year and at least tried to elimate tanking.

In my 10 man league 4 players make the playoffs and we play until week 14 for the regular season. In the losers bracket there continues to be h2h competition . The 3 winners play each other week 16 for 1-3 draft positions and the 3 losers play each other week 16 for 4-6 draft positions. Then from the winners bracket that filters like a normal bracket and 1st place gets pick 10, 3nd place gets pick 9, 3nd place gets pick 8 and 4th place gets pick 7 in next years draft.

This keeps the integrity of the league going strong throughout the year and at least tried to elimate tanking.

This is a good idea. My league has other incetives but I always preach of finding ways to keep players engaged and trying to win even if they are not in the playoffs.

Only change I would make is instead of the nonplayoff winners getting picks 1-3, etc., they should get 1st pick choice, then 2nd place gets second pick choice etc. down the line. A lot of folks don't like picking 1st and therefore may try to lose on purpose. Especially in a year where there are no clear cut #1 players.

Next year for example, I want no part of 1st pick in a snake redraft. There should be about 6-8 players in tier 1. So if my board has 6 tier 1 players and I value them all equally, then I want pick 6.

Join this century and go with auction.

;)

Amen. My big home league is auction and nothing is more fun in FF than managing salary caps etc...

This is a good idea. My league has other incetives but I always preach of finding ways to keep players engaged and trying to win even if they are not in the playoffs.

Only change I would make is instead of the nonplayoff winners getting picks 1-3, etc., they should get 1st pick choice, then 2nd place gets second pick choice etc. down the line. A lot of folks don't like picking 1st and therefore may try to lose on purpose. Especially in a year where there are no clear cut #1 players.

Next year for example, I want no part of 1st pick in a snake redraft. There should be about 6-8 players in tier 1. So if my board has 6 tier 1 players and I value them all equally, then I want pick 6.

I am in 2 leagues that do this, the only difference being one is a 12 man league. You definitely want to be the first pick because our fantasy draft is exactly like the NFL draft:

Rd.1 , 1-10

Rd. 2 , 1-10

Rd. 3 , 1-10

Etc. no snake

When I was old enough to join these leagues they had already been established for many years. These old timers vote on changes, but never will they adjust with the new times. I would love to change it to PPR and an Auction draft, but sometimes people dont like to change. I have learned the system and give it my best to win every year. Maybe Ill find a different league to join sometime, but 2 is just enough for me.