Sign in to follow this  
Oriole8159

Thoughts on this trade that went through

there's no veto in our league so I'm not asking in regards to that (plus not really veto worthy anyways), but it is a real head scratcher so I'm curious to what your guys' thoughts are.

not looking for a "let the owner's run their team" comment, but just an actual opinion on the merits/2nd half outlooks of the players.

First place (6-2) team sending out: Keenan Allen, Demarco Murray

8th palce team (3-5) sending out: Nelson Agholar, Jonathan Stewart

interested in why our 1st place team would do such an obvious buy high/sell low type deal.

thoughts?

I'd love it if I were the rest of the league. The first place team just got weaker...

I'd love it if I were the rest of the league. The first place team just got weaker...

I'm in 2nd place at 5-3 but with a considerable lead for total points

thanks though

Good reminder here that winning at FF and being good at FF are not as related as people think. A two time champ, with a winning record in my league gave Gordon for Tarik Cohen and Chris Hogan a couple weeks ago. He’s a clown.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless the 1st place owner has some inside info on demarco and allen health wise. Its almost Reverse Collusion!

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless the 1st place owner has some inside info on demarco and allen health wise. Its almost Reverse Collusion!

that's my thoughts exactly too; was just curious if I was missing something.

we are non PPR and Allen does have only 1 TD for the year, while Agholar has 5, so maybe just trying to buy TDs, even if it means selling low on one of his top picks?

When people overvalue touchdowns (or lack of touchdowns), folks can get caught in a 'looking at the total points' situation. When people overvalue 'names', then other mistakes could be forthcoming.

As for this deal, I'd love if someone walked up to me with Demarco Murray for Stewart. I assume this isn't collusion. It's just more of a bad trade.

Also, head to head as the only method to determine wins each week is bad. It is somewhat obviously bad. Folks should stop doing it and roll towards a league-wide 50/50 each week where the top half win and the bottom half lose. That way, weekly fantasy comes down to a much more simple situation: If you don't score, you're going to lose. If you score a boatload, you're going to win. If you score in the middle, you need to get lucky to be in the top half. So, there's no more situations where the 11th highest scorer in a week wins while the 2nd highest scorer loses...none of that. The luck goes to the middle. It works.

there's no veto in our league so I'm not asking in regards to that (plus not really veto worthy anyways), but it is a real head scratcher so I'm curious to what your guys' thoughts are.

not looking for a "let the owner's run their team" comment, but just an actual opinion on the merits/2nd half outlooks of the players.

First place (6-2) team sending out: Keenan Allen, Demarco Murray

8th palce team (3-5) sending out: Nelson Agholar, Jonathan Stewart

interested in why our 1st place team would do such an obvious buy high/sell low type deal.

thoughts?

Yeah, it's not horrible, but I cannot think of a reason why the first place team would do this deal.

Keenan Allen is better than Agholar, but Allen has a history of injury, and I think this is the most games he has played without injury in a couple years now. so that part of the deal you could argue is a wash (although I'd rather have Allen than Agholar myself.... but I'm trying to see this in the best possible light)

the second part of the deal Demarco Murray vs Jonathan Stewart is close to being a wash too.

both players are on the way out and neither is likely to be the starter for their team next year. I think Murray is the better player and has more upside. but neither player really has a lot of value.

once again, not veto worthy, but the first place team did not do themselves any favours here. (in my opinion)

Helping 8th place team make a run? Bye week issues? PAC 12 fan maybe (Stewart and Agholor both PAC12 guys)?

Agholor is significantly outscoring Allen in non-PPR. And I don't see why he'd stop. Allen is a 'name', but Rivers isn't throwing a lot of TDs, and there are a million pass catchers in San Diego.

Stewart is reasonably going to get a bump up with the commitment to the run that supposedly the Panthers are going to do. And maybe the coaches are getting tired of getting nothing out of McCaff.

I'd think the owner was looking for a WR upgrade, and took a RB downgrade with the hopes that Stewart can get things going.

Agholor is significantly outscoring Allen in non-PPR. And I don't see why he'd stop. Allen is a 'name', but Rivers isn't throwing a lot of TDs, and there are a million pass catchers in San Diego.

Stewart is reasonably going to get a bump up with the commitment to the run that supposedly the Panthers are going to do. And maybe the coaches are getting tired of getting nothing out of McCaff.

I'd think the owner was looking for a WR upgrade, and took a RB downgrade with the hopes that Stewart can get things going.

interesting

interesting

Not to say that I agree with all of that analysis. :) But it seems maybe halfway reasonable. The Agholor > Allen thing...I actually think that makes sense.

Not to say that I agree with all of that analysis. :) But it seems maybe halfway reasonable. The Agholor > Allen thing...I actually think that makes sense.

thanks

Before this last week Algholor is starting to heat up. Wentz has been on fire as well. Not sure what to think about Stewart but yuck.

yeah, i can see the trade for the reasons bock mentions.

agholor has not been getting the # of TARGETS that i would like to see, but he's been doing ALOT with those that he has seen. jonathan stewart is someone i was pretty high on to begin the year, given where he was falling to in drafts. (i would have much rather had murray at that time...). fast forward to today and i could see if someone thought that murray's value was decreasing while, at the same time, thinking that stewart might start getting those touchdowns i thought he'd get all along.

who knows, could be anywhere from disastrous to brilliant

i dont see it, not like the first place team is desparate and should be out thinking himself. Maybe 1 owes 8 from the previous year.

Well played sir!

Did someone in this thread call DeMarco to Stewart a wash? Huh????

This trade makes less than zero sense for the first place Team.

Also, head to head as the only method to determine wins each week is bad. It is somewhat obviously bad. Folks should stop doing it and roll towards a league-wide 50/50 each week where the top half win and the bottom half lose. That way, weekly fantasy comes down to a much more simple situation: If you don't score, you're going to lose. If you score a boatload, you're going to win. If you score in the middle, you need to get lucky to be in the top half. So, there's no more situations where the 11th highest scorer in a week wins while the 2nd highest scorer loses...none of that. The luck goes to the middle. It works.

As soon as the NFL moves to your format I will be all on board. Until then, to each their own. You should stop preaching to others how to enjoy fantasy football because it is obviously bad.

Update:

The team that was in first that traded for Agholar/Stewart is now down to 4th

The team that was in 9th that got Murray/Allen is now up to 5th (and may be the best overall team in the league now)

They play each other this week and winner gets the last playoff spot

Lesson here kids...Don't get cute, especially when you're winning in spite of your top players underperforming.