Sign in to follow this  
angman

Trade for Gonzo/Branch

My team is in my signature. I'm looking to make some moves early in the year, and i realize that my weakness is at RBs. That's why I'm a little wary of this deal...but i've been offered this

Gonzalez and Deion Branch (the holdout) for Corey Dillon, McMicheal and Roddy White or Mark Clayton

Would you do this if you were me?? Thanks in advance.

No way! Don't do it! Gonzo isn't worth it. He is getting older, has a new coach and coordinator, and TE's are deap this year. You will be fine with McMike in an improved Miami offense, and if you aren't sold on him, there is plenty of viable starters this year.

that's my rationale as well, about the TEs....what about trying to acquire Deion Branch alone?? Myabe throw Curtis Martin and one of those WRs for him?

I wouldn't waste your time trying to get Branch. Wit hthe WR core you have, he would almost always ride the pine. C-Mart isn't what he was, but he may still be a viable #2 RB, at least a very good #3. With your weakness being RB, I wouldn't trade him for a bench WR.

No way! Don't do it! Gonzo isn't worth it. He is getting older, has a new coach and coordinator, and TE's are deap this year. You will be fine with McMike in an improved Miami offense, and if you aren't sold on him, there is plenty of viable starters this year.

No offense..but TE 's are not deep this year. The top 6 then a huge drop for production. It's a crapshoot. Don't do it.

The thing with Branch though is then i would look at using Owens to try to help me improve at RB and then have Harrison, Roy and Branch as WRs and a better RB2. This move would be a precurser to other moves.

The thing with Branch though is then i would look at using Owens to try to help me improve at RB and then have Harrison, Roy and Branch as WRs and a better RB2. This move would be a precurser to other moves.

I would get a RB deal done with TO for RB first, but no don't do the deal!

If I were you and looking to make a trade- I would package C-Mart with a WR and try to pick up Maroney. You could even throw in McMichael and go for another TE or WR with Maroney. Dillon will do you no good as a #2 RB when he is injured and on the bench.