Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Taking a look at last years RB tier list

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/22931182/2013-draft-prep-running-back-tiers-and-strategies

Its fun to go back and remember last years draft talk and rank lists. This is a nice article, when you scroll down they have the tiers arranged. At least 5 busts in the top 10 and thats not counting Alfred as a bust cuz im pretty sure he was 3rd in the nfl in rushing. But an arguable 6 of the top 10. Doug Martin stands out to me, after his explosion we had him as a top 3 guy, but he came out sluggish and then got hurt. I have him as a big bounceback tho this year, theres got to be a reason we had him in the top 3 and hsi situation isnt that much different. Arguably he even has better qb play and offense in general, plus I really like Lovie as a coach. I wouldnt be shocked to see him re earn that top 3-4 ranking.

Thsi specific list has Mcoy at the bottom of the top tier but I had him as my 3rd overall guy behind AP and Doug, I knew better.

Also noteable is Lacy in the predictably low tier of 1000yd 7 td guys where the years hot rookie is always placed before he busts out 1300 9-10. When i find that guy, I like to get him in at least the third so someone doesnt snake him, then laugh as I get a 1st rnd rb in rnd 3. You will draw jeers from people claiming reach but its a risk im usually willing to take. When they are low profile in a supposed timeshare like Peterson was his rookie year you can get them in rnd 4-5. Sankey is that guy this year.

My fav has to be Knowshon in the last spot of the low end backups tier. ill admit I didnt expect him to repeat the prior years success and its prob a huge mistake, seeing as the guy who drafted him near the end of the draft won the league.

Funny, they didn't even have LeVeon Bell on the chart. Of their top 3 categories, "Elite", "Near elite", and "excellent" exactly half were busts. Of course, of those 9 busts, I was all over Rice, Jackson, and MJD, so I can't criticize them too much. It's the NFL, if anyone's making the right call 90% of the time, they're in Vegas, and filthy rich.

Last year's list highlights the variance at RB due to injury, other factors. If 'committee' continues, we'll have fewer true RB1s and 2s and a deeper, more varied group of players who are really RB3s.

Charles

McCoy

AP

Forte

Odds are 1-2 of these players aren't going to put up Top 10 numbers due to injury, schedule, etc.

This is always fun. I remember picking on the wheel in a 12 teamer and Spiller "fell" to me... I talked sooooooo much crap when that happened.

At least I was able to trade him right away.

Now that I think about it... reminiscing isn't "always" fun.

Yea....looking back on your prior year's draft decisions is always interesting. Typically you have a few nice potential gems/keepers and then wonder wtf you were thinking with some of the others. In an auction league last year ($200) I grabbed Murray at $24 and Forte for $38. Remind me though why I drafted Greg Jennings for $12 and Rashard Mendenhall for $6?? Lesson learned .....what I could have done with that $18.....

I still have PTSD from going Doug Martin, David Wilson and Lamar Miller with 3 of my first 4 picks in a 14 teamer last year...I'm sorry, I just am not ready to talk about this. Just forget it ok? Leave me alone! No, you shut up! Everything is fine, ok? Delete this thread!