Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Spinoff: Things worth paying extra

K-Cups (Newman's Own, Barista Prima) moreso for the convenience than quality although work coffee is sh!tty.

Golf clubs (Mizuno Irons)

Clothes to an extent (Under Armour boxers, Polo slacks, socks)

Insurance

Work clothes (suits, sports coats, slacks, dress shirts) they simply last longer.

Shoes

Vacations

Seafood is the biggest scam going. People thing that expensive fish taste good because of a placebo affect. There are many "trash" fish that taste as good or better than the expensive fish.

My wife and friends agree, and we have had the freshest of the expensive seafood out there. You should continue avoiding catfish and farmed salmon, but there are many cheap alternatives out there.

No way man.

Sure you can get some largely flavorless white fish or whatever cheap, but it simply is not as good. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise

I also only buy sunglasses that have Polarized Lens. They are more expensive but, once you go polarized its hard to go back.

No way man.

Sure you can get some largely flavorless white fish or whatever cheap, but it simply is not as good. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise

I like tilapia with white wine, capers and lemon. Or haddock with the cracker crust. You just need to use more ingredients. A good piece of salmon or mahi just needs some oil and seasoning before grilling

To add, Ill say a watch. Ive had my watch for 15+ years and its only worn when dressed up.

No way man.

I 100% stand by my statement. I catch my fish, the price of the fish does not come into play.

I give the snapper to coworkers so they feel like they are getting a treat. It is 20+ dollars a pound for boneless red snapper, but there are cheaper fish that are better. How many fish are in the grocery store, 6-7 different species if you are lucky? There are 30-40 different types of good eating fish in the gulf of mexico alone. Those other species of fish do not have the marketing.

Hair products

Bras and panties

Household cleaning products

Sanitary (pads and tampons) products

Pots and pans

Toothbrush

Car (Honda; it's not expensive but I could've bought a Ford but I want the car to last so I paid a little more for a compact car)

I 100% stand by my statement. I catch my fish, the price of the fish does not come into play.

I give the snapper to coworkers so they feel like they are getting a treat. It is 20+ dollars a pound for boneless red snapper, but there are cheaper fish that are better. How many fish are in the grocery store, 6-7 different species if you are lucky? There are 30-40 different types of good eating fish in the gulf of mexico alone. Those other species of fish do not have the marketing.

Well yeah, if you're catching it yourself then obviously it's not worth paying extra for at the fish market.

Kinda goes without saying

Household cleaning products

This is actually one I'd put on the Not Worth It list.

Especially things like Windex and bleach based all purpose cleaners - to pay almost double is crazy.