Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Triple spinoff: Where the diminishing returns start to set in on things.

30 years ago, I was paying $80-$100 for sneakers. Now I pay $20-$60. To be fair, they don't last as long.

I pay $80-$120 for a good pair of running/workout shoes. Other than that I don't wear sneakers

I have never worn a suit in my 35 years and can’t see my life going someplace where I would ever need to.

I've never worn a suit per se either but for weddings, funerals and other shhhtuff I'll wear a shirt and tie....sometimes with jeans sometimes with khakis.

Let me guess, you're the guy that shows up to funerals with a black turtleneck, black pants/jeans and black shoes?

Suits. If you make a ton of money and need to look great then spending $2K on a suit can be thought of a s business expense. But in that class you can really only get 150-200 wears, tops. A Men's Wearhouse or Jos.A.Bank $250 suit is really good enough for 90% of men.

I havent worn a suit in at least five years. Ill need one this summer though. Fortunately, tailors are very cheap here. Ill go over to the Hong Kong border and have one made.

Dress shoes to go with it will be a b!tch to find in my size though.

I've never worn a suit per se either but for weddings, funerals and other shhhtuff I'll wear a shirt and tie....sometimes with jeans sometimes with khakis.

Let me guess, you're the guy that shows up to funerals with a black turtleneck, black pants/jeans and black shoes?

Just jeans and a black shirt maybe.

He aint in Hawaii; but an Aloha shirt and slacks is dressy enough for any event event here.

Duh. I knew you were the Hawaii one. Brain fart.

That is one thing I have found. Traditional western formal attire (I.e. a suit) just doesnt work in a tropical climate. I live in one now, and I sweat like a wh0re in church in a golf shirt.

That will be one thing I put my foot down on for the august Philippine wedding. All venues where my presence is required in a suit for any time at all will be air conditioned. Heavily.

The obligatory sunglasses?

the back alley $10 imitation maui jim or oakley