Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Saints at Falcons: In-Game Discussion / Tilting

Only way is if they have him pass for it. Ryan sucks tobight.

lol, ikr. I'm thinking there's a chance considering his interceptions have come from trying to force it to Jones.

lol, ikr. I'm thinking there's a chance considering his interceptions have come from trying to force it to Jones.

Congrats!

Disappointing showing from Ingram considering, but I'll just have to settle for my main competitors getting almost nothing out of Kamara.

wow.. didn't see that one coming.. thought at minimum a FG

I agree throw only if your player is obviously open. At least get the tie and take your chances in overtime.

I agree throw only if your player is obviously open. At least get the tie and take your chances in overtime.

I was talking about the call on Payton, but it works for the Brees pick too.

I was talking about the call on Payton, but it works for the Brees pick too.

Oh gotcha but wouldn’t even got to that point with a good decision by Brees there. Maybe after getting that first down on the sneak he felt obligated to get the win.

Oh gotcha but wouldnt even got to that point with a good decision by Brees there. Maybe after getting that first down on the sneak he felt obligated to get the win.

Not going to disagree with you there.

Brees' arm is dead. That dude has nothing on his throws.

He was great before his last pass. Bad decision, but great play by defender to turn his head so quickly.

There was far too much confidence in that throw. I blame Payton and Brees for getting greedy. Sometimes, just get the 3 points. Or maybe give the ball to Ingram again after he had that crazy play earlier in the same drive. Drew Brees should never be the reason the Saints lose a game.

He was great before his last pass.

Respectfully disagree. Watch that duck he threw to lewis for the TD. He had to wait on it. And the multiple one hops to receivers. And the rams game when he was underthrowing guys that were wide open down the field by 5 yards.

There was far too much confidence in that throw. I blame Payton and Brees for getting greedy. Sometimes, just get the 3 points. Or maybe give the ball to Ingram again after he had that crazy play earlier in the same drive. Drew Brees should never be the reason the Saints lose a game.

To be fair, one player is never the reason a team loses a game, even in a play like that. If the D had played better, they wouldn't have been down by 3. If the O-line had have blocked better, Ingram would have scored, etc etc. It's like saying the kicker missing the last second game winning field goal is the guy who lost them the game. Don't put your kicker in that position :)

One thing I have learned in my 28 years of playing fantasy football.

don't watch your players, or the players you're going against.

wake up Monday morning and look at the score.

• Like 1

One thing I have learned in my 28 years of playing fantasy football.

don't watch your players, or the players you're going against.

wake up Monday morning and look at the score.

That defeats the entire purpose of playing. Why do FF when you cant root your players on and get excited in the moment?

Id rather quit playing than just set my lineup and look at my score on Monday.

• Like 1

That defeats the entire purpose of playing.

:mellow: :blink: :wacko:

The one seed in our league had Brees, Kamara, Ingram AND Lutz. Lutz got screwed out of points at the end of the first half and at the end of the game with the INT. Kamara and Ingram were duds and, while Brees put up decent points, the 8 seed he was playing against had Michael Thomas who went berserk for PPR. Dude is up 44-27 with half his roster burned.

Kamara and Ingram were duds

I wouldn't consider Ingram a dud this week. He put up high/mid RB2 numbers and fell 4 pts short of his average.

I don't know who's calling the plays for ATL, but that person should be fired today.

1st and goal at the 1, and they have a defensive lineman in the backfield, Julio on the sideline, and they throw a back shoulder pass to an offensive lineman. I mean, that's a really special kind of idiocy.

I wouldn't consider Ingram a dud this week. He put up high/mid RB2 numbers and fell 4 pts short of his average.

He entered into dud-land the moment Kamara left the game. That team with one RB, he should have done a lot more. I think that's the thought.

I don't know who's calling the plays for ATL, but that person should be fired today.

1st and goal at the 1, and they have a defensive lineman in the backfield, Julio on the sideline, and they throw a back shoulder pass to an offensive lineman. I mean, that's a really special kind of idiocy.

They were hanging out with Andy Reid this week.

That defeats the entire purpose of playing. Why do FF when you cant root your players on and get excited in the moment?

Id rather quit playing than just set my lineup and look at my score on Monday.

I sit and watch the game with the computer on watching the score change as the game goes on. particularly if it's the game of the week,

He entered into dud-land the moment Kamara left the game. That team with one RB, he should have done a lot more. I think that's the thought.

But you can also argue that Ingram has been so successful this season because NO's offense is that much better with Kamara playing. How many fewer TDs would Ingram have without Kamara getting chunk plays left and right? Plus, NO inexplicably ignored him for much of the 2nd half. All things considered, especially not knowing if he was even going to play 24 hrs before the game, getting RB2 production from him this week isn't worth bemoaning.

But you can also argue that Ingram has been so successful this season because NO's offense is that much better with Kamara playing. How many fewer TDs would Ingram have without Kamara getting chunk plays left and right? Plus, NO inexplicably ignored him for much of the 2nd half. All things considered, especially not knowing if he was even going to play 24 hrs before the game, getting RB2 production from him this week isn't worth bemoaning.

I'm not disagreeing about the causes. But dud status doesn't mean just that the player underperformed on what he was given--it's all of those factors. 'Dud' just means something like 'really should have scored more points'. Hunt has been a dud for half the season--not because of his personal ability, but because of Reid's crappy ideas about usage, trick plays, etc. We can say "well, given all that, Hunt is producing like we should expect'. And that's true. But he's still been a dud.

But Kamara was also a dud last night. He scored 3 points for my opponent, vs a projected 16+ (and likely more like 20+). That's a dud. And yes, given that he got knocked out of the game, we shouldn't have expected more. But still a dud :)

So 'all things considered', meaning 'knowing now what happened'--well, no one is ever a dud then. "Given that he didn't catch any of the passes thrown at him, we shouldn't have expected more points" :) I know you're saying more than just that, the point you make about Kamara's benefit to Ingram is a good one. But I think it's still very reasonable, had Kamara been inactive before the game, for people to have expected a lot more from Ingram than they got.

I'm not disagreeing about the causes. But dud status doesn't mean just that the player underperformed on what he was given--it's all of those factors. 'Dud' just means something like 'really should have scored more points'. Hunt has been a dud for half the season--not because of his personal ability, but because of Reid's crappy ideas about usage, trick plays, etc. We can say "well, given all that, Hunt is producing like we should expect'. And that's true. But he's still been a dud.

But Kamara was also a dud last night. He scored 3 points for my opponent, vs a projected 16+ (and likely more like 20+). That's a dud. And yes, given that he got knocked out of the game, we shouldn't have expected more. But still a dud :)

So 'all things considered', meaning 'knowing now what happened'--well, no one is ever a dud then. "Given that he didn't catch any of the passes thrown at him, we shouldn't have expected more points" :) I know you're saying more than just that, the point you make about Kamara's benefit to Ingram is a good one. But I think it's still very reasonable, had Kamara been inactive before the game, for people to have expected a lot more from Ingram than they got.

Exactly. The guy was playing the Saints backfield for his TWO RB positions. If Ingram was gimpy from the toe, the expectation would be that Kamara outperform to make up for it. If Kamara got hit by a bus on the way to the stadium, the expectation was that Ingram would pick up the slack. If you had Ingram alone and started him, you probably are mildly disappointed against expectations prior to the game. If you started Kamara AND Ingram projecting 40 something points in PPR, then you look at this is those guys pretty much laying an egg.

Everyone has different expectations. Trying to rationalize hypotheticals and "should haves" is an effort in futility for fantasy purposes. The end result is all that matters. Ingram put up high/mid RB2 numbers this week. A dud is what he did against the Rams.

For all we know NO could have been downplaying his toe injury and he might have ended up with half the production if Kamara didn't get knocked out.

Everyone has different expectations. Trying to rationalize hypotheticals and "should haves" is an effort in futility for fantasy purposes. The end result is all that matters. Ingram put up high/mid RB2 numbers this week. A dud is what he did against the Rams.

For all we know NO could have been downplaying his toe injury and he might have ended up with half the production if Kamara didn't get knocked out.

I won't disagree with most of that. But I do think Ingram owners who were paying attention as things happened certainly were expecting a lot more. :)