Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Nike sales up

Nike runs an ad with a controversial figure in it to generate buzz. It works, sales and buzz through the roof. GC doesn’t like it so they say sales up is just a conspiracy and fake news lol. We have a guy who is legit tilted over this and isn’t even an American, he lives in China and has no plans to return. Should be concerned with his emperor or whatever. Gets better every day.

Absolutely convinced...CONVINCED this kneeling issue has had any meaningful impact on sales, viewership, etc. Impossible to convince them otherwise.

It doesn't when you're talking about billions in revenue?

Man if you weren't here..I dont know how I would have known this. Whew

Absolutely convinced...CONVINCED this kneeling issue has had any meaningful impact on sales, viewership, etc. Impossible to convince them otherwise.

I'd rather wait. A week out when we don't have all the facts is kinda silly to come to a conclusion.

I'd rather wait. A week out when we don't have all the facts is kinda silly to come to a conclusion.

You're never going to have all the facts...Almost a yeat later and there is absolutely no possible way to tell what impact the kneeling issue has had on the NFL. Big reason is cause the product sucks. So good luck with NIKE too.

10% wouldn't be meaningful?

You're never going to have all the facts...Almost a yeat later and there is absolutely no possible way to tell what impact the kneeling issue has had on the NFL. Big reason is cause the product sucks. So good luck with NIKE too.

So a lot of people say they won't watch and ratings go down, and no cause and affect? There was some. Maybe overstated, but it did have an affect.

So a lot of people say they won't watch and ratings go down, and no cause and affect? There was some. Maybe overstated, but it did have an affect

I don't think it had any affect at all. Like almost every protest in the history of ever, it was insignificant at best. People quit cause the product sucked.

I will stand by what I've said before. If the team is good, and were talking about a football fan, they dont quit.......Kneeling or not...They might complain constantly and whine like triggered little bitchez(see this bored) but they don't quit.

I don't think it had any affect at all. Like almost every protest in the history of ever, it was insignificant at best. People quit cause the product sucked.

I will stand by what I've said before. If the team is good, and were talking about a football fan, they dont quit.......Kneeling or not...They might complain constantly and whine like triggered little bitchez(see this bored) but they don't quit.

Of course. But the beauty of the NFL was they could put two crap teams on a nationally televised game and still do a monster rating. Not the case anymore.

Of course. But the beauty of the NFL was they could put two crap teams on a nationally televised game and still do a monster rating. Not the case anymore.

And that has zero to do with the kneeling...zero

And that has zero to do with the kneeling...zero

Saying it has zero to do with it is just as silly as saying it had everything to do with it.

Saying it has zero to do with it is just as silly as saying it had everything to do with it.

No it isn't. Those are two completely different things.

But fine....It had little to do with it. Happy?

No it isn't. Those are two completely different things.

Huh? Ratings are down. Various reasons, kneeling being one of them. The debate isn't if there was an affect, just how much.

Huh? Ratings are down. Various reasons, kneeling being one of them. The debate isn't if there was an affect, just how much.

Id debate an affect at all. I know more than a few people who have said they wouldn't watch..and are watching. How many people tune in just cause they are interested in seeing these kneelers? Why are networks showing the kneelers? If it was that terrible to ratings, they wouldn't show them kneeling would they? Why deliberately sabotage your product when you have complete control over it?

Id debate an affect at all. I know more than a few people who have said they wouldn't watch..and are watching. How many people tune in just cause they are interested in seeing these kneelers? Why are networks showing the kneelers? If it was that terrible to ratings, they wouldn't show them kneeling would they? Why deliberately sabotage your product when you have complete control over it?

Dozens of threads here complaining about it, and I can think of exactly one Geek (Volty) who is not watching football because of the protests. Everyone else is watching but theyre grumpy about it.

Dozens of threads here complaining about it, and I can think of exactly one Geek (Volty) who is not watching football because of the protests. Everyone else is watching but theyre grumpy about it.

Ratings are down, that is fact.

I have a feeling people are watching their team but, not going out of their way to watch other games. Maybe watching some of the other games but, not sticking with it religiously like they used to.

Just a feeling though.

I know people that aren't watching. I'm not one of them, never said I was. I actually told a friend of mine that's it's just a few a-holes kneeling, but the hate America crowd are the ones fueling this, don't give in. He sort of agreed.

I have a feeling people are watching their team but, not going out of their way to watch other games. Maybe watching some of the other games but, not sticking with it religiously like they used to.

Just a feeling though.

Over saturation plays a big role. Didn't see one down of the second game Monday night. Watched the Deuce (which sucked) and went to bed. Had enough football at that point.

Just a feeling though.

TV ratings are down across the board. Theyre down less in the NFL than almost all other programming. And even here despite dozens of threads b1tching about the protests there is ONE Geek who stopped watching football because of it.

Seems like a whole lot of complaining without a lot of action.

Sunday and Monday night ratings down again, as was the opener.

TV ratings are down across the board. Theyre down less in the NFL than almost all other programming. And even here despite dozens of threads b1tching about the protests there is ONE Geek who stopped watching football because of it.

This for sure. TV ratings are down period, people stream tv now. People go to bars to watch games or like me stream on tablets and phones. Volty lives in China, doubt hes even been able to watch a game in 5 years. Doesnt it come on at like 3am over there or the emperor banned it anyway? Rubbish.

Just as popular, just as many fans, just as many playing FF, 10x the fake outrage. Once games start, no one cares about the political stuff.

This for sure. TV ratings are down period, people stream tv now. People go to bars to watch games or like me stream on tablets and phones. Volty lives in China, doubt hes even been able to watch a game in 5 years. Doesnt it come on at like 3am over there or the emperor banned it anyway? Rubbish.

Just as popular, just as many fans, just as many playing FF, 10x the fake outrage. Once games start, no one cares about the political stuff.

Yeah but that was the case 2 -3 years ago too. Streaming and going to bars isn't something new.

Yeah but that was the case 2 -3 years ago too. Streaming and going to bars isn't something new.

True, I guess ratings are down some and its understandable between the scandals, rules and such. There are def more cable cutters every year though as more streaming services become available.

Trump doesnt care about the protests. He Twitters that out to rile up the slack jaws and drama queen hacks who pretend to care but really just want a wedge issue.

Betcha dollars to donuts volty watched too. At least some. Pretty easy to say you're not gonna watch the lions anymore after that debacle last night

NBA?

The recently concluded NBA regular season has been perhaps the most successful since the league began in 1946. Television ratings are up, attendance set another record, fans are subscribing to the league's streaming service, sales of merchandise are up and the value of an average franchise is at an all-time high.

At the end of the 2017-18 regular season, NBA ratings were up across all four networks when compared to last season. ABC led the way at +17%, while TNT was +13%, ESPN +4% and NBA TV +1%. It was the NBA’s highest-rated season in five years. The audience growth was led by hard-to-reach young adults, with ratings for 18-34 demographic up by 14% and the 18-49 age group up by 15%. The median age of the NBA viewer is relatively young at 42, compared to the NFL (50) and Major League Baseball (57). Local TV ratings grew by 3%, after a drop of 14% in 2016-17 season.

NBA fans are not just staying home to watch the action on TV, either. Attendance for regular season games increased for the fourth straight season reaching 22.1 million. Average attendance per game was 17,978, with a record high 741 sellouts. By the end of the season, the league had sold 95% of all tickets available.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2018/04/25/the-2017-18-season-was-great-for-the-nba/#112c5372ecbb

Betcha dollars to donuts volty watched too. At least some. Pretty easy to say you're not gonna watch the lions anymore after that debacle last night

Im a Rams fan now. Goooo Lambs!!!

No joke man, this cr@p is bad for my health. I was at the gym yesterday and for the first time I noticed all the Nike apparel, when before I never gave two sh*ts and didn't care. Now it's a microaggression. I just seethe. I know nobody in China has heard about or gives a sh*t about Colon Kaepernick, but that checkmark triggers me nonetheless. I hope I get over it.

This sh!t is inconsequential. Get well soon.

The fake outrage is pretty thick in this thread. Not Volty - he is legitimately outraged. The rest voted for a draft dodger who craps on POWs. They dont care about that but they care about a guy kneeling before their foosball game.

This guy gets it. There are a million sh!tty things big corporations do, but this is the breaking point? :rolleyes:

Agree about Volty. He's made a strange transformation over the last couple years.

This guy gets it. There are a million sh!tty things big corporations do, but this is the breaking point? :rolleyes:

Agree about Volty. He's made a strange transformation over the last couple years.

For about twenty years I wouldn't buy a Nike product because of their use of slave labor. Last spring I needed black sneakers for work. They were the only ones that fit properly so I broke down and bought them. And some black socks. This crap reminded me what a scumbag Phil Knight and his whole fockin company is. Boycott resumes.

For about twenty years I wouldn't buy a Nike product because of their use of slave labor. Last spring I needed black sneakers for work. They were the only ones that fit properly so I broke down and bought them. And some black socks. This crap reminded me what a scumbag Phil Knight and his whole fockin company is. Boycott resumes.

I can get behind the slave labor rationale much more than the company using a protesting athlete in an ad campaign, but whatever floats your boat.

Unless I blew past it, you guys are missing the inevitable story.

Black thugs start killing black kids for their Nike shoes.

You absolutely know this is going to happen.

Im not saying volty would watch football if he was in America. He strikes me as a man of his principles.

But its much easier to not watch football in china, when it isnt on tv anyway, and the noon games kickoff at one oclock on Monday morning. I doubt he was watching before the kneeling thing.

He wore the flag they kneel in disrespect for on a uniform in a war zone. If he wants to be pissed, he has more right than I do.

I respect that Volty is legitimately pissed off about the protests and doesnt continue to watch the product because of it. I dont understand his anger but hes not just playing a game.

The GC is full of guys pretending to be outraged but all they do it biitch about it. If you are mad at the league turn it off already.

Exactly. This place would be so much better if people didn't state their opinions.

• Like 1

He wore the flag they kneel in disrespect for on a uniform in a war zone. If he wants to be pissed, he has more right than I do.

Meh. Serving one's country is admirable, but doesn't mandate rabid nationalism.

Meh. Serving one's country is admirable, but doesn't mandate rabid nationalism.

So being pissed about our flag and national anthem being disrespected is your version of "rabid" nationalism? Read a fockin history book man. Jeez. You might gain some perspective about what rabid nationalism is.

So being pissed about our flag and national anthem being disrespected is your version of "rabid" nationalism? Read a fockin history book man. Jeez. You might gain some perspective about what rabid nationalism is.

I'm well aware there are much, much worse ways nationalism manifests. I'm just surprised when thoughtful, otherwise reasonable people get caught up in it to any degree.

I'm well aware there are much, much worse ways nationalism manifests. I'm just surprised when thoughtful, otherwise reasonable people get caught up in it to any degree.

Oh, ok. Becaiuse terming his annoyance as "rabid" is pretty extreme.