Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

lay off the sauce

I assume your speaking of me since nobody else can stand on there 2 feet. Please take the time to read it all and figure out I titled this article lay off the sauce and stop being a follower and learn to be a leader. Independent thinking this site once had and if you are on the Trey Burton is better then Jimmy Graham with the info provided then why not go on record ? Oh and since you took a pot shot at me first, let me point out the way you talk about drafting reminds me of the way people drafted over a decade ago.

I apologize if my comment was misconstrued as anything other than a shot at your stance on Burton. I was merely implying that it seems clear that Burton in that offense should do very well.

And I'm fine with my strategy. Things are cyclical. WR are replacable when they get injured, RBs are harder. Look at the playoff teams last year. Stud RBs and stud TEs dominated. Finding the stud TE in the mid to late rounds will give a team a major leg up.

Trey Burton will excel in Chicago.

Plus, I heard others here that Shaheen will have his share of targets, but, there is speculation that his foot injury is worse than people think. I guess he wasn't even at practice this past week. This will be the Trey Burton show.

Trey Burton will excel in Chicago.

Plus, I heard others here that Shaheen will have his share of targets, but, there is speculation that his foot injury is worse than people think. I guess he wasn't even at practice this past week. This will be the Trey Burton show.

Shaheen has structural damage to his foot. It doesn't look good.

Shaheen has structural damage to his foot. It doesn't look good.

I'm hoping for him and the Bears that Mrs. Lisfranc isn't casting that doom over him.

I'm hoping for him and the Bears that Mrs. Lisfranc isn't casting that doom over him.

Same here. The Bears are hammered by injuries every year, and Shaheen looks like a quality player/option. It would be great to have two legit tight end options to throw to. Although I do believe Daniel Brown is a little underrated as a receiving tight end.

Jimmy Graham goes from a running QB to a pocket passer who is number 1 projection andTrey freekin Burton is above him?

With his injury timetable being 4-6 weeks it's more fair to look at the production of Jimmy and Trey thus far.

To date in my ppr leagues Jimmy Graham has 91.2 points. Trey Burton has 104.1 points, about 2.5 more ppg than Jimmy.

Both are top ten options, basically exactly how FFT ranked them to start the year.

Both are garbage. I'm glad I don't have a dog in this fight. But obviously, Trey is less garbagelike than Jimmy.

And this nonsense of saying someone is top ten to try and somehow justify players as not being garbage needs to stop. The goal is not to get some mediocre top ten player, especially in 10 person leagues at a single used position. A top 10 QB or top ten TE is not a great get.

Kelce, Ertz, or Ebron are much better.

Both are garbage. I'm glad I don't have a dog in this fight. But obviously, Trey is less garbagelike than Jimmy.

And this nonsense of saying someone is top ten to try and somehow justify players as not being garbage needs to stop. The goal is not to get some mediocre top ten player, especially in 10 person leagues at a single used position. A top 10 QB or top ten TE is not a great get.

Kelce, Ertz, or Ebron are much better.

Burton is top six in scoring. Not everyone can have a top three option. Given his price at the draft I'm happy I took Burton.

Shows how weak TE is thie year.

Burton has had 1 game of more than 4 catches.

Basically TD dependant besides 1 game.

Not that he has been bad for where he was drafted. But when I hear he is 6th....then I just think more of how bad TE has been this year.

I thought before the season that Jimmy Graham would be a good bet for double digit touchdowns. He has 2 and could be done for the rest of the fantasy season. Glad I didn't draft him, what a bust.

Shows how weak TE is thie year.

Burton has had 1 game of more than 4 catches.

Basically TD dependant besides 1 game.

Not that he has been bad for where he was drafted. But when I hear he is 6th....then I just think more of how bad TE has been this year.

Oh yeah he hasn't been great just acceptable for the position. When the difference between a bad game and an average acceptable scoring output is a two point conversion, it's not a great situation. Ertz and kelce are the only two non td dependant TEs and that price was built into their adp.

I'll give you Kelce & Ertz but Ebron?

Ebron is a tier below Kelce and Ertz, but he is at the top of tier 2.