Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 1 - 2 Commentary ++

Pick 4? Me likey

Fire this thing off Moz!

If ready, make your pick. An early start gets us going sooner :) thanks!

This doesn't look promising. Normally we have a good part of a round in the night before it starts. I would be tickled with 2 rounds tomorrow.

How many rounds usually get done per day? just curious..

In past June Mocks we get at least 2 rounds done per day. Many folks (myself included) are around in the evening until 9/10 pm and make picks. Weekend.... maybe 1 round. What do you other "veterans" of the Mocks think of what I said?

Yes....... agree with RC that we usually get started early. Any one have contact info for Moz??

Had to take the Sure fire PPR mega stud. Thought about 2 others but wasn't much time spent thinking IMO Megatron is the #1 pick in PPR. Name of the game in round 1 is a Great "safe" pick.

now i actually have to think about my round 1 pick

I'm going to ask everyone to be patient tomorrow. Not everyone has even checked in yet and we have some people new to the process. I'll help speed this along as much as I can but please be patient...

Can someone please kindly tell GF this isn't the geek board.

Keep the draft thread clean please

I can already tell this will be an exercise in player name spelling. :)

thats why I went with Lacy..pretty easy to spell..

• Like 1

Me neither

The johnson pick is particularly surprising to me not in the sense that it was a bad pick but I think many receivers have closed the gap on calvin.

Top half of first round is RB time to me.

Not too surprised on Calvin but Lacy that early IS surprising.

Not too surprised on Calvin but Lacy that early IS surprising.

I LOVE lacy this year, there was very little debate for me there..I know he is not the obvious pick but thats what makes a mock Fun!

Johnson, no problem here.

Lacy, while I see 420 loves this pick, a bit early here. I know it is a "passing offense", but there are numerous receivers who will get the receptions here. Bit.... the each his own, that is why we MOCK!!

I like him better than his ADP too, but in PPR I'm wondering if you could have got him next round. :dunno:

1.07 - I was praying that Forte would drop one more. I am not a fan of WR in the first round even in PPR leagues. I had to go with what I felt was the surest producer at point and that was Demaryius Thomas. 90 + receptions for 1,400 yards and 14 TD's warrants a #1 pick at this point.

Johnson, no problem here.

Lacy, while I see 420 loves this pick, a bit early here. I know it is a "passing offense", but there are numerous receivers who will get the receptions here. Bit.... the each his own, that is why we MOCK!!

just checked and lacy went at 1.06 in the last mock

same top 6 actually just diff order..

The johnson pick is particularly surprising to me not in the sense that it was a bad pick but I think many receivers have closed the gap on calvin.

Top half of first round is RB time to me.

Mega Is The Safest First Pick ThereIs. Imo I Doubt Kc Has Another Big Year AnShady I Expect To Lose Rec.

If I am over 1 hour wait, I sent my 2 picks to Mike.

I like him better than his ADP too, but in PPR I'm wondering if you could have got him next round. :dunno:

This isn't the ibl. No way lacy lasts until round 2 in any normal format.

Mega Is The Safest First Pick ThereIs. Imo I Doubt Kc Has Another Big Year AnShady I Expect To Lose Rec.

I don't think mega is a bad pick just wouldn't take him personally over the 5 RB's that went after him.

It has less to do with mega and more to do with the quality of other wrs that can be had later versus the quality of rb to be had later.

I even think Thomas will outscore calvin this year

I like Lacy too, and took him at pick 6 in the last mock, but Forte was the guy I would have grabbed in this mock in your spot. Shooter got a gift. IMHO

I liked the Lacy pick better than the Megatron pick, actually. The depth is just better there. But we'll see. It's hard to critique that strategy until you get through the 2/3 turn.

My ppr top 7

1. McCoy

2. Charles

3. Forte

4. AP

5. Calvin

6. Lacy

7. Demaryius

.......and I really don't want to be the guy taking AP at 4. 4-7 are real tight.

snatchit is up but hasn't checked in yet and hasn't been on the forums since 11:00 am yesterday. I'm going to give him until 10:30 AM CT to make his pick. At that point, I will make it for him.

Mike - I will be around for much of this. If you need me for anything, put me to work. :)

I deliberately didn't put my name in so that you could get a new crop.

• Like 1

My ppr top 7

1. McCoy

2. Charles

3. Forte

4. AP

5. Calvin

6. Lacy

7. Demaryius

.......and I really don't want to be the guy taking AP at 4. 4-7 are real tight.

I went back and forth on Peterson and forte. Just think forte won't improve on last years numbers while Peterson can and should.

I was expecting to just get whichever guy wasn't taken. But then calvin went first

Mike - I will be around for much of this. If you need me for anything, put me to work. :)

I deliberately didn't put my name in so that you could get a new crop.

Thanks Dan. Feel free to make snatchit's pick if he doesn't show by 10:30 am. If he's gone most of the day, I'll give you the opportunity to take his spot if you're willing.

• Like 1