Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 5 - 6 Commentary ++

Yep.

If I draft Garçon instead of Bush and have Mathews as my 2 and Sanders as my 3 I like it a lot.

How it is now? One of the most questionable drafts you'll see from the 2 spot.

• Like 1

My thoughts on cam newton. IMO the wr group there is really not much of a downgrade on what he has always had, combine that with my beliefs The defence will not be stopping guys at the same pace as last year and I see massive rushing numbers as always with some junk time thrown in there to make for his best season yet.

5.07 - I can't imagine a safer 5.07 pick. Same coaching staff and system for 3 years. More weapons than ever with Wayne and Allen back and Richardson in his second year. Add to this Ty Hilton with another year of familiarity, and the addition of Nicks, and you have the perfect M.O. of a QB who could easily take the next step. He can do it with his legs too!! Dude just wants to win. He had 9 rushing TD's his first two years. He is my #4 Qb and the only Qb of those 4 with any upside. Very happy to land Luck! I'm looking for 4,500 combined and 30+ Td's, with 3 or 4 of those on the ground.

• Like 2

Remote is an awesome teammate. He started in the IBL with FFToday, and is the reason I'm in the IBL. The man is solid in his knowledge, and works well making his team better, too.

• Like 2

Morris at 5.08 is one of the better bargins of this draft, even in a PPR format. Starter, offensively minding coaching staff, can't stack the box due to excellent receivers.

I like this selection here Snatchit.

I thought about him briefly but when the coach is coming out and saying he's a 20 catch back.... I have a feeling he's in for a down year usage wise. 2 option there to take some work away

I feel the whole Skins offense will be up with the Qb healthy and some new toys. This might be a situation where even though they have more pieces the pie might grow enough to feed a few more. Morris should be safe and rock solid in the fifth.

5.10 Kendall Wright. First pick of the draft that I struggled with. Not a huge fan of the Titans offense, but his 94 catches last year make him a borderline #1 WR in PPR leagues. Can he repeat it is the question. He might not get 94, but 80+ is realistic, especially with Locker back under center. On top of that, he has to score more than 2 TD's this year. Doesn't he?

Not a huge fan of Morris in a PPR, but at this point in the draft I think he's great value there. Especially when you are grabbing your #2 RB in the fifth.

Thanks. He's not the sexy pick, but he quietly put up a huge year last year. And this is the magical third year...

5.10 Kendall Wright. First pick of the draft that I struggled with. Not a huge fan of the Titans offense, but his 94 catches last year make him a borderline #1 WR in PPR leagues. Can he repeat it is the question. He might not get 94, but 80+ is realistic, especially with Locker back under center. On top of that, he has to score more than 2 TD's this year. Doesn't he?

I really believe in Wright this year, Locker can get him the ball and no Britt to take catches away from him. I took him in the other June Mock, a little later than the 5th, 6th I think..... so nice pick.

OK Mike. Who you take will dictate which direction in this draft I go.

I have a sense who you'll take, but can't wait to see. I know there is one player you won't take who I will snatch, but the other is ?????

I really believe in Wright this year, Locker can get him the ball and no Britt to take catches away from him. I took him in the other June Mock, a little later than the 5th, 6th I think..... so nice pick.

Britt hasn't been taking away catches for some time now. There is another option that might take some away but I really like kendall.

I already drafted for a keeper league where I was in bad shape heading into the draft. I decided to try something different in order to catch up and almost completely ignored RB. I stocked WRs. I think it ended up working but the circumstances were unique. Not only is it a ppr league but a big flex league where you have the option of only starting 1 RB and going 5 wide..... my point in sharing this was to say Kendall Wright is my WR5 and I am giddy about it.

OK Mike. Who you take will dictate which direction in this draft I go.

I have a sense who you'll take, but can't wait to see. I know there is one player you won't take who I will snatch, but the other is ?????

I figured if I reported this post it might alert Mike he was up!!!

:doublethumbsup:

Morris at 5.08 is one of the better bargins of this draft, even in a PPR format. Starter, offensively minding coaching staff, can't stack the box due to excellent receivers.

I like this selection here Snatchit.

I thought about taking Morris even though I already have 2 RBs, losing shanny worries me but he should definitely outplay his draft spot.

Ya drafting Peyton early makes things tricky. I saw more value in WR's when I drafted my 1st 2.

Hey Matt. I posted a response to you in another thread, about getting fired. Real sorry for that to happen!

WW that's the way to go in the those leagues. The IBL taught me that real quick.

absolutely. the IBL is a bit different because people draft for it. This draft still followed more of a traditional form and adp. Its a league here, the MFFL.

Keeper rules changed for this offseason and I left myself pretty bare (my own fault) and i drew pick 11. My best options were Randall Cobb and Zac Stacy while other teams were keeping the likes of Manning/Charles, McCoy/Ball, Peterson/Lacy. I chose only to keep Cobb and saved my 4th round pick which could have been used for Stacy... there are more intricate rules that added to my decision on that. Next year I will have 2 keepers while 75% of the teams only have 1.

my result was Cobb, ABrown, Roddy, Patterson, Wright at WR (and some others i won't mention since they are still on the board here) and my top RB is Vereen. Those will be my 6 starters along with my QB and TE.

Could one of the Mods put up a Round 6 Thread so I can select into it once we get to it.

Thanks guys!

surprised to see stafford after cam and luck. usually goes about a round after the big 3. good pick

Stafford- Couldn't pass up the value here at the end of the 5th. Wasn't really thinking about QB, but he does have Megatron to throw to, 2 pass catching running backs and a history of passing attempts. I hear Detroit may not throw as much this year, but I will take my chances they end up passing, not running.

Miller-what do you guys think of his chances? He is the undisputed starter there now, not a great passing game, and possibly a 3-down back. I like him as a RB2. Thoughts??

His situation has improved as his replacement went down. Not a good sign to be replaced, so hopefully he will be highly motivated. He could sure use a passing game though to soften the front. I would rather not have to chose him but can't fault your selection one bit.

Stafford- Couldn't pass up the value here at the end of the 5th. Wasn't really thinking about QB, but he does have Megatron to throw to, 2 pass catching running backs and a history of passing attempts. I hear Detroit may not throw as much this year, but I will take my chances they end up passing, not running.

Miller-what do you guys think of his chances? He is the undisputed starter there now, not a great passing game, and possibly a 3-down back. I like him as a RB2. Thoughts??

i think miller is not a very good RB but his situation is looking up.... I liked him more 2-4 weeks ago when early league drafters could get him very late but at a price of 6.1 I think there is not much value. At the start of June his ADP was in the 12th round. Great to grab him there and then get this news. Now he has shot up to a 7th round ADP and the appeal is gone for me.

i can see the hurt guy being ready pre season and working his way into a 50/50 split.

^ I think Millers got very nice upside with Moreno looking out of the picture and them seemingly going with more of an uptempo attack.

The key to me is the offensive line. It was among the worst in the league last year.

Jets, Pats and Bills Ds seem pretty stout up the middle too.

How is he as a pass blocker? Were they trusting him with 3rd downs last year or was that Thomas?

I should probably know being a Jets fan but I don't think I owned any phins besides Clay last year so didn't follow them a ton.

Love the Stafford pick. That's where I was going next. End of the fifth is way late to be getting him, especially as the 6th QB off the board. Not so sure about Miller. He was underwhelming last year and they brought in competition for a reason. I think once the competition is healthy it will be hard to keep it off the field. Which is bad news for Miller.

ETA: Transformers starts in ten minutes. At that point I am out for 3 hours, but I will pick when I'm out (assuming Mike picks). :)

Love the Stafford pick. That's where I was going next. End of the fifth is way late to be getting him, especially as the 6th QB off the board. Not so sure about Miller. He was underwhelming last year and they brought in competition for a reason. I think once the competition is healthy it will be hard to keep it off the field. Which is bad news for Miller.

ETA: Transformers starts in ten minutes. At that point I am out for 3 hours, but I will pick when I'm out (assuming Mike picks). :)

Hurry..... your pick!

Sorry guys. I just missed Mike's pick. That movie was the longest movie in the history of movies. Or maybe it just seemed that way.

6.03 TY Hilton. Thanks to both Robb and Mike I was forced back to what was probably the smartest route for me to go. I was too tempted by both Stafford and Bell and was planning on drafting one of them rather than the 3rd WR that I needed. Hopefully this works out. The WRs that I really like are getting thin and TY was at the top of that list. He came on like gangbusters at the end of the year and he and Luck are certainly on the same page. With his counterpart back his targets will certainly drop, but hopefully that will keep the defenses honest and give him room to run. Word out of camp is he's lining up at all the receiver spots so defenses will have trouble game planning for him. Plus, like Wright, it's the magical third year!

I do like him much better than Wright. He was definitely the guy I was tracking as my pick approached, mainly because I wanted to pair him with Luck.

I wasn't sure about CJ because Ivory stays so healthy.. Ha ! One thing about CJ, he was at his best when he had a running QB in Vince Young, look what he has again.. With either of his QB's.