Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Seattle's $15 minimum wage may not have the effect they think

So how does this go down?

Worker: Can I cut back my hours?

Employer: No, I need you or, sure I don't need you.

What does the welfare or whatever have to do with the work that the employer needs done? They don't usually let people hang around and do nothing, do they?

Seattles $15 minimum wage law is supposed to lift workers out of poverty and move them off public assistance. But there may be a hitch in the plan.

Evidence is surfacing that some workers are asking their bosses for fewer hours as their wages rise in a bid to keep overall income down so they dont lose public subsidies for things like food, child care and rent.

Full Life Care, a home nursing nonprofit, told KIRO-TV in Seattle that several workers want to work less.

If they cut down their hours to stay on those subsidies because the $15 per hour minimum wage didnt actually help get them out of poverty, all youve done is put a burden on the business and given false hope to a lot of people, said Jason Rantz, host of the Jason Rantz show on 97.3 KIRO-FM.

The twist is just one apparent side effect of the controversial -- yet trendsetting -- minimum wage law in Seattle, which is being copied in several other cities despite concerns over prices rising and businesses struggling to keep up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/22/seattle-sees-fallout-from-15-minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit/

I had employees like this. They were making $11 dollars an hour as cooks, but refuse to work more than 30 hours a week so they still got benefits.

So how does this go down?

Worker: Can I cut back my hours?

Employer: No, I need you or, sure I don't need you.

What does the welfare or whatever have to do with the work that the employer needs done? They don't usually let people hang around and do nothing, do they?

You are talking hourly employees here. F never schedule them for more than 35 hours or so anyway, to avoid overtime when they ride the clock.

Isn't Bernie Sanders running on this immediate $15 an hour min wage as a federal thing?

Look, I'm not going to pretend to know what all this would mean. But just plain ole common sense tells me that straight doubling it is a bad idea. At least raise it in increments (moreso than currently) over time. Maybe a dollar this year, and in two years another dollar, and in two years another dollar.

A slow, methodical rain is good, it enriches the earth. Too much rain to fast and you get a damn flood that wrecks stuff.

Isn't Bernie Sanders running on this immediate $15 an hour min wage as a federal thing?

Just another way of forcing the rich people (us) to pay for more sh1t. :nono:

This country is literally filled with extremely dumb people.

Most of them currently reside in the north east. :wave:

They need it to help pay Wilson's new contract

• Like 1

Most of them currently reside in the north east. :wave:

Yeah, Mississippi and Tennessee and Kentucky ect are where all the sharpies live.

Xavier University in Ohio will later this month become the home to the first pizza ATM in the U.S., The Cincinnati Enquirer reported. The $55,000 machine, which will be located in the Fenwick Place residence hall, is open for business around the clock and cooks a 12-inch pizza in about three minutes, according to reports.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/xavier-university-installs-the-countrys-first-pizza-atm/

Fascinating. I wonder if there are investment opportunities with this. I would like to learn more about it.

Xavier University in Ohio will later this month become the home to the first pizza ATM in the U.S., The Cincinnati Enquirer reported. The $55,000 machine, which will be located in the Fenwick Place residence hall, is open for business around the clock and cooks a 12-inch pizza in about three minutes, according to reports.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/xavier-university-installs-the-countrys-first-pizza-atm/

Sounds healthy

I like how you link barstool like they wrote the article, you focking clown.

Do a little work captain cut and paste.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2016/08/08/pizza-atm-xavier-university

Fascinating. I wonder if there are investment opportunities with this. I would like to learn more about it.

you don't have to worry about anyone stealing the ingredients. lazy focks would have to cook for themselves.

It seems as if hot dogs or burger would work? they can be kept frozen for quite a long time.

There might be some opportunity in servicing these machines as well, for those inclined to learn, study, work etc....y'know, people who try instead of complain....

• Like 1

seems to be a watermelon/fried chicken ATM would rock the hood

It would get stolen

It would become a sacred shrine.

There might be some opportunity in servicing these machines as well, for those inclined to learn, study, work etc....y'know, people who try instead of complain....

And then street cleaners to address all the puke from eating this crap. Pharmaceutical companies inventing drugs to help peoples ruined digestive tracts. More insurance money for additional doctor visits related to diabetes. This is a great direction. I almost never eat fast food, but will never eat anything other than maybe a candy bar from a vending machine. Would be nice if people who invest in this kind of business gave two cents about people and society.

you don't have to worry about anyone stealing the ingredients. lazy focks would have to cook for themselves.

It seems as if hot dogs or burger would work? they can be kept frozen for quite a long time.

It is in a dorm ed. I presume cooking facilities in dorm rooms are rather limited. It's been a while since I've been in one though.

I saw an article about a company that has a food truck with a bunch of these ovens machines. You place an order online, and the driver drives the truck to your house. The pizza bakes while in transit, and is right out of the oven when it arrives.

The crazy thing is they have some algorithm that they claim can predict when people will order. They supposedly send messages out like "hey, we are in your neighborhood, how bout a pepperoni and banana pepper pizza like last week?"

Crazy stuff.

And then street cleaners to address all the puke from eating this crap. Pharmaceutical companies inventing drugs to help peoples ruined digestive tracts. More insurance money for additional doctor visits related to diabetes. This is a great direction. I almost never eat fast food, but will never eat anything other than maybe a candy bar from a vending machine. Would be nice if people who invest in this kind of business gave two cents about people and society.

Thank You, Chicken Little!

You really don't understand the Internet do you?

says the old man that can't find the original story :D

Can people pay with a bridge card?

If they can buy steaks at Walmart with their food stamps then I think yes, a bridge card will work

I knew that I was not the only one that found the post funny.

I just looked it up..well played I guess.

I just looked it up..well played I guess.

psst... Herbi, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing at Phurboy calling anyone "Chicken Little". You could gather the 1000 most ironic people in the world and confine them to a compound Manhattan Project style for several years and under threat of death they wouldn't be able to come up with anything more ironic than that post.

• Like 1