Sign in to follow this  
riversnake

rookie draft pick trade ?

I was hoping to get your opinion on a trade that has been offered to me ... it's a dynasty league/ ppr .... my team finished 3rd after playoffs (seeded 2nd, after a couple "flop" final games, lol) ~

owner of the #1 draft pick is interested in trading for a RB ...

my RB's are ~ D. Freeman, C.J. Anderson, E. Lacy, L. McCoy, D. Booker and Z. Zenner ...

so, you guessed it, he's asking for either Shaddy, or DeVonte (has actually shown more interest in Shaddy though) ... I've offered him Eddie, I've offered him Eddie and my 2nd round pick ... he says he wants Shaddy though ...

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding trades, but am wondering if, because this is a dynasty league, is it time to trade off an "aging" top ten RB, who has had his share of injuries, for a new, young stud whether it be Mixon, Fournette, McCaffery or even Corey Davis ?

Is there a "rule of thumb" regarding these things ? Is it a foolish thought ? Your opinions will be much appreciated ...

thanking you all in advance for your time ... have a great week my friends ~ Robert

Wow great question.

Now I'm not on the McCoy band wagon like other might be.

I would go and make the trade get a younger model.

I was hoping to get your opinion on a trade that has been offered to me ... it's a dynasty league/ ppr .... my team finished 3rd after playoffs (seeded 2nd, after a couple "flop" final games, lol) ~

owner of the #1 draft pick is interested in trading for a RB ...

my RB's are ~ D. Freeman, C.J. Anderson, E. Lacy, L. McCoy, D. Booker and Z. Zenner ...

so, you guessed it, he's asking for either Shaddy, or DeVonte (has actually shown more interest in Shaddy though) ... I've offered him Eddie, I've offered him Eddie and my 2nd round pick ... he says he wants Shaddy though ...

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding trades, but am wondering if, because this is a dynasty league, is it time to trade off an "aging" top ten RB, who has had his share of injuries, for a new, young stud whether it be Mixon, Fournette, McCaffery or even Corey Davis ?

Is there a "rule of thumb" regarding these things ? Is it a foolish thought ? Your opinions will be much appreciated ...

thanking you all in advance for your time ... have a great week my friends ~ Robert

I like Mccoy for this year, but if there is a time to trade him for top dollar, this IS the time.

This time next year I suspect his value will drop fairly significantly. So if you dont think you have a good shot at winning this year, I'd consider making the deal.

That is a good offer for Shady, I would dump him if I was you.

The #1 pick is worth more than Shady and your late 2nd rounder in all of the dynasty leagues I am in.