bostonlager

Meat Smokers

I like to eat something decent in championship Sunday so today I am preparing a small pork shoulder to put on the smoker tomorrow. Here we have it rubbed down to sit in the icebox for several hours before piercing and allowing to marinate overnight.

https://imgur.com/gallery/onbybsx

"Rubbing it down", "piercing". Oh yeah baby, tell me more, but go slower.

• Like 1

"Rubbing it down", "piercing". Oh yeah baby, tell me more, but go slower.

Seriously, with pics wearing only an apron and socks.

Looks good! Be sure to adjust timing and heat due to hold weather.

Looks good! Be sure to adjust timing and heat due to hold weather.

I hate hold weather

HT will be smacking his meat to thoughts of Len Dawson smoking cigs while sitting on a folding chair. Does that belong in this thread?

You should talk to MDC if you want to know everything about Meat Smokers.

RMFF and more gay stuff from Creeper.

What is it with you?

HT will be smacking his meat to thoughts of Len Dawson smoking cigs while sitting on a folding chair. Does that belong in this thread?

:lol:

RMFF and more gay stuff from Creeper.

What is it with you?

Huh? I was literally talking about smoking meat.

Your fixation on the ghey stuff is concerning. Why are you so defensive?

Any dry rub before it hits the smoke?

Im inheriting a steel drum homemade smoker...in the spring. Gonna experiment with it and maybe buy a weber smokey mountain.

I use a mustard base, just as a binder not for flavor - then dry rub my butts. I don't let them sit long, maybe an hour tops before hitting the smoker.. I smoke at 250-275*, till I get the bark and color I'm looking for. Then I wrap till it reaches 190*, then take off and throw in a cooler to let finish cooking.... I'll also spritz every hour with apple juice/apple cider vinegar.

I use a mustard base, just as a binder not for flavor - then dry rub my butts. I don't let them sit long, maybe an hour tops before hitting the smoker.. I smoke at 250-275*, till I get the bark and color I'm looking for. Then I wrap till it reaches 190*, then take off and throw in a cooler to let finish cooking.... I'll also spritz every hour with apple juice/apple cider vinegar.

:thumbsup:

Putting a serloin tip roast on this afternoon. Will be reverse searing. On the smoker untill internal temp gets to 110 then sear it off. Sliced thin and served with a onion and mushroom gravy.

• Like 1

The original plan was to smoke this on end big green egg, but I didnt feel like doing it in this mess.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7zhcJsh

I audibled to a charbroil electric smoker in the garage with the door cracked.

4 hours in we have an internal temp of 154 degrees. Preparing here to wrap in foil with apple juice to reached desired temp of 195 degrees.

Looking good. What temp you running? What time do you hope to eat?

4 hours in we have an internal temp of 154 degrees. Preparing here to wrap in foil with apple juice to reached desired temp of 195 degrees.

Way too early to wrap for me.. You're gonna miss out on all the amazing bark.. You will end up with a roast w/out it.

Got drunk and forgot to take a picture of the final product. :wall:

It turned out well though.

I use olive oil as a binder on the BB (and ribs too). I cook at 225 on my BGE (with SMOBOT controller) and usually hit 'the wall' for a few hours at 150 or so. At 170 I put peach preserves on it and wrap it. When temp hits 200 I pull it off to rest for a hour. Bone pulls out clean and meat pulls apart with no problem (still very juicy).