Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Hillary Clinton..

There's so much buzz about this second bid of hers, but I don't think she really has a chance, and it seems like that would be fairly obvious to the at least slightly engaged observer. :dunno: I think an all-around much fresher face is going to have significant edge in '16.

Don't get me wrong. I hate Hitlery. I can't imagine why people would want another round of the Clinton White House. Love them, hate them, or be indifferent to them, it just seems to me that with all the baggage most people would just want to pass on them. That said, I don't know if there will be a credible Dem challenger to her. She's somewhat been anointed as the next candidate. My bigger concern is that I don't know if there's a GOP challenger that will be able to convince enough people to vote for them. The GOP seems to cater more and more to their fringe elements, which alienates those who are more centrist. She could win just by default, because she's not the other guy. I hope not but it's a distinct possibility.

I don't think she will get the nomination. Hillary is too old, too much baggage and too polarizing. I think Biden would have a much better shot in 2016 and I don't think he's a real strong candidate himself.

Don't get me wrong. I hate Hitlery. I can't imagine why people would want another round of the Clinton White House.

oh I don't know, maybe because we haven't had that good of an economy since?

I don't really get the hate for her.

But at the same time she does seem pretty "old guard" for an election that will be focused on the future. You can tell she's trying to present herself in a bit of a different, more accessible, light so that she'll seem fresh, but it's quite an uphill battle.

And my bigger concern is I don't want a Bush or a Clinton in the white house. Same reason I could never vote for Jeb even though he seems about ten times more inquisitive and intelligent than his idiot brother. Bush/Clinton/Bush/ Obama/Clinton? No thanks. We're not a g0ddamned monarchy

But who else is out there for the dems? Neither O'Malley nor Webb seems likely to gain traction. Elizabeth Warren isn't running. I love Bernie Sanders but it ain't happening. I also like Biden but he's frigging old and his prior presidential campaigns were all underwhelming.

People are still waiting for an inspiring candidate. Will probably have to come out of the right though. Not sure who it'd be unless someone like Scott Walker were to prove extraordinarily charismatic.

Don't get me wrong. I hate Hitlery. I can't imagine why people would want another round of the Clinton White House.

I don't know, maybe because last time we had eight years of peace and prosperity?

I don't see how she doesn't win. Her campaign machine from 2008 is already in place and has learned it's lessons from Obama. I'm sure they already have their busses booked for election day in Cleveland and Florida.

The economy has done a complete 180 from the point W drove it into the ground. We haven't wasted trillions on pointless wars in the past 6 years and voters in the middle voting wth their wallet will remember that.

Personally, I'd rather have Warren give her a run for her money but doesn't look like that's happening.

There is absolutely noone to get excited about on the right. Even with all the Koch brothers money, the only possible way Hillary could possibly lose is if some smoking gun comes out regarding Benghazi, the private emails, or something huge.

I don't see how she doesn't win. Her campaign machine from 2008 is already in place and has learned it's lessons from Obama. I'm sure they already have their busses booked for election day in Cleveland and Florida.

The economy has done a complete 180 from the point W drove it into the ground. We haven't wasted trillions on pointless wars in the past 6 years and voters in the middle voting wth their wallet will remember that.

Personally, I'd rather have Warren give her a run for her money but doesn't look like that's happening.

There is absolutely noone to get excited about on the right. Even with all the Koch brothers money, the only possible way Hillary could possibly lose is if some smoking gun comes out regarding Benghazi, the private emails, or something huge.

correct. And the Republicans know it and are scared to death of her. They republican party has an entire 'Stop Hilary' campaign going. Lol. Before she even announced. I personally can't wait to see the breakdown complete for guys like RP and Drobeski. Their heads have been exploding through the entire Obama Presidency. Just imagine if she wins. Lolol

The recession was officially over in June 2009, well before anything Obama did. Since then he has presided over the worst recovery in American history.

Oh, and she voted for those wars, Sparky. :doh: :clap:

The recession was officially over in June 2009, well before anything Obama did. Since then he has presided over the worst recovery in American history.

Oh, and she voted for those wars, Sparky. :doh: :clap:

Bwahahaha. You have all the talking points down to try to discredit all of Obama's accomplishments. Unfortunately, you're the only one buying your retardedness.

Bwahahaha. You have all the talking points down to try to discredit all of Obama's accomplishments. Unfortunately, you're the only one buying your retardedness.

Always entertaining when Ducky chimes in as if he knows anything. :pointstosky:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/20/us-usa-economy-nber-idUSTRE68J2JJ20100920

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/20/news/economy/recession_over/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/great-recession-ended-in-june-2009-panel-says/

I could go on......but it's so easy to humiliate you on facts that I don't see any reason to pile on. :lol:

Fact- Country was in a horrible recession, headed for a depression.

Fact- Obama took over and it stopped. And slowly turned around. And now the economy is humming along.

I know you hate that. You were hoping the economy would remain horrible (once again, proving that you are the very worst kind of American).

Too bad, so sad. He also got the job done in killing Bin Laden. Another thing you wish never happened. Bwahahahahaha

And Hilary is next. Practice your methods for minimizing her accomplishments too. ROFL

She's only running to gain the woman vote for whoever she ends up endorsing.

Haha. It's on then ;) May the best prognosticator win.

Strike brought up 'baggage' and that's the best word to describe why average Americans aren't going to have enough confidence in her. The average registered democrat in the absence of a stronger Dem candidate is her best chance.

The electorate usually stays true to cyclical realignment and surface vibes. The contender who lost to the candidate we've now had as president for almost 8 years is just not exciting. Add onto that other things about Hillary Clinton...I doubt even average democrats would comfortably associate her with "trustworthiness" for example,

Virtually no politicians are visionary public servants at heart foremost, and with some, like her, it's more obvious than with others. But that is what they try to sell. She's a hard sell knee-jerk wise, even partisanship aside, unless there's a representation crisis. If you don't have natural charisma/can't fake warmth flawlessly so your abundant good intentioned energy patches over vulnerabilities, you have to make your mark for coming off really wise and strongly principled.

Fact- Country was in a horrible recession, headed for a depression.

Fact- Obama took over and it stopped. And slowly turned around. And now the economy is humming along.

I know you hate that. You were hoping the economy would remain horrible (once again, proving that you are the very worst kind of American).

Too bad, so sad. He also got the job done in killing Bin Laden. Another thing you wish never happened. Bwahahahahaha

So dumb :doh:

So dumb :doh:

fock off Grease boy. 100% factual and you know it. Go watch Fox and cry some more. Pussie

fock off Grease boy. 100% factual and you know it. Go watch Fox and cry some more. Pussie

Politically, you are about the dumbest poster here. Watching you attempt to post a valid point makes me cringe and feel sorry for you at the same time.

Seriously, you aren't very good at this. :(

Just imagine if she wins. Lolol

I for one have no need to imagine how they'd react to a President Hillary since I've seen the previews.

Politically, you are about the dumbest poster here. Watching you attempt to post a valid point makes me cringe and feel sorry for you at the same time.

Gotta love all the links he brings to back up his "facts". :doh:

so the economy isn't much better now than when bush left office?

So Obama didn't have bin Laden killed when Bush failed for 7 years?

You're right, I'm not the ppolitical nerd thst Rap is. Thank God. I'd kill myself if it played that big of a role in my life. But I kicked RP's ass with that post and now you're letting me kick yours too.

Stick to changing air filters and rotating tires. You're not real bright.

I for one have no need to imagine how they'd react to a President Hillary since I've seen the previews.

it's going yo be epic!! Wooohooo

Haha. It's on then ;) May the best prognosticator win.

Remember how excited you were about Palin?

:D

Who is going to ride in on his white horse

and save the GOP?

The fact remains the GOP has no base. And when the GOP candidate gets pressed on gay marriage? Immediately loses the Santorum crazies or the moderates. And when pressed on immigration? And whether or not to repeal Obamacare?

Same thing.

GOP - The party of no ideas. No direction and no solutions.

It's a brave new world.

:)

You're right, I'm not the ppolitical nerd thst Rap is. Thank God. I'd kill myself if it played that big of a role in my life. But I kicked RP's ass with that post and now you're letting me kick yours too.

Then quit trying to be :dunno:

Also, you have never kicked anyones ass here with a political post. hth

Remember how excited you were about Palin?

Who is going to ride in on his white horse

and save the GOP?

The fact remains the GOP has no base. And when the GOP candidate gets pressed on gay marriage? Immediately loses the Santorum crazies or the moderates. And when pressed on immigration? And whether or not to repeal Obamacare?

Same thing.

GOP - The party of no ideas. No direction and no solutions.

It's a brave new world.

:)

No :mellow:

I vaguely remember discussing her with me_2006 and I think we were a mixture of intrigued and skeptical after McCain introduced her.

The one thing I might have a skewed pulse on, being a Californian, is the need for the GOP candidate to seem like a really solid social conservative for the religious right's sake.

I think the RR may actually be okay with a GOP'er taking a stance like Rand Paul is. All things considered. They realize "generally a conservative" at least slows the roll of progressive liberalism more than "democratic party member." This time it'll be wagon circling time when it comes down to the wire.

it's going yo be epic!! Wooohooo

You would enjoy the Hillar(it)y that would surely unfold but I suspect I'll only be lukewarm towards it like I am when it's directed at Obummer.

Other than killing Osama, I'm not feeling emotionally invested in what Obummer does. He's a mixed bag with different priorities than I have so I don't celebrate it so much because often i disagree.

You know, I keep telling everybody here how I'm a moderate and how I seriously am willing to be suckered into voting GOP for president but the fact is, the entire time you've known me, I've voted Dem for president which is now a streak of four straight presidential elections. Now the Bushtard was the GOP nominee for the first two so there was no shot in hell at them getting my vote but these last two elections, fellas I really honestly was persuadable.

I had loved me some McCain 2000 but by 2008 he was so infuriating WRONG! on Iraq that I just couldn't go there.

No :mellow:

I vaguely remember discussing her with me_2006 and I think we were a mixture of intrigued and skeptical after McCain introduced her.

This time it'll be wagon circling time when it comes down to the wire.

That's ok. I remember. ;)

Circling the wagons? For a random candidate to be named later?

That's ok. I remember. ;)

Circling the wagons? For a random candidate to be named later?

Republicans and conservative independents behind whoever will be most formidable in the general election.

Explain what you remember. I've never felt excited about Palin. There's times I've defended her but it was also frustrating that she gave the media - eager to caricaturize her, so much fodder.

These days...saying stuff like "the man can only ride you when your back is bent." Major cringe.

Republicans and conservative independents behind whoever will be most formidable in the general election.

Explain what you remember. I've never felt excited about Palin. There's times I've defended her but it was also frustrating that she gave the media - eager to caricaturize her, so much fodder.

These days...saying stuff like "the man can only ride you when your back is bent." Major cringe.

It was before she gave fodder (which was when she began speaking).

Still confused what makes you think the wagons will be circled.

Damn near everyone (including on this forearm) is better off than they were 6 years ago. You may be too set in your anti-secular ways to see that, but most voters won't be.

Jeb has the most baggage.

Other than his brother...nah. Not close to what Hillary has.

Other than his brother...nah. Not close to what Hillary has.

This.

Other than the Bush name, wtf is MB talking about? :huh:

It was before she gave fodder (which was when she began speaking).

Still confused what makes you think the wagons will be circled.

Damn near everyone (including on this forearm) is better off than they were 6 years ago. You may be too set in your anti-secular ways to see that, but most voters won't be.

Wagon-circling point was in regards to you saying "the fact remains the GOP has no base. And when the GOP candidate gets pressed on gay marriage? Immediately loses the Santorum crazies or the moderates."

To which I said: I think the RR may actually be okay with a GOP'er taking a stance like Rand Paul is. All things considered. They realize "generally a conservative" at least slows the roll of progressive liberalism more than "democratic party member."

This time there's going to be more awareness toward banding together to protect from external threat.

Wagon-circling point was in regards to you saying "the fact remains the GOP has no base. And when the GOP candidate gets pressed on gay marriage? Immediately loses the Santorum crazies or the moderates."

To which I said: I think the RR may actually be okay with a GOP'er taking a stance like Rand Paul is. All things considered. They realize "generally a conservative" at least slows the roll of progressive liberalism more than "democratic party member."

This time there's going to be more awareness toward banding together to protect from external threat.

The tea partiers can't even cooperate with the Boehner majority in Congress.

But their followers are all going to unite at the polls for Rand/Rubio/Palin/Trump/Christie/Jeb/Jindal?

Sure.