Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

So...anyone have winter yet?

Current temp is -6 with a -19 windchill. Im sitting in my hottub. Balmy 104.

No hot tub, same temps and came into work today and the heat was out and it took until 11 to get it fixed. FFS. :mad:

No new snow for a week or two. It's warming up nicely. Up to -11

Da hell with that shiit! :nono:

It was 0 degrees this morning, but it's all the way up to 9 degrees now.

Da hell with that shiit! :nono:

Spring time in Minnesota. Up to 10 above. Of course that means it's snowing. :thumbsdown:

No new snow for a week or two. It's warming up nicely. Up to -11

What is up with all your puzzy schools opening late this morning? At least you guys talk tough about the cold.

What is up with all your puzzy schools opening late this morning? At least you guys talk tough about the cold.

Are you spying on me? :huh:

No, unfortunately I am in Minnesota.

Where?

pantload of snow, then rain and then temps dropped to 15 and then 5 and now a balmy 15.

I imagine it's what Antarctica used to look like before the internet was invented

No, unfortunately I am in Minnesota.

hope they are paying you extra. That's gross

If they did I would be retired by now.

It's no fishtown. :(

I'm flying to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on Sunday for a meeting on Monday, flying back Tuesday. Sunday and Monday are acceptable temps, maybe teens and some snow. Tuesday... high is -7, low is -23. I grew up in PA and can probably count on my d1ck how many times I've experienced this level of cold, and I've lived in Phoenix for 30-ish years. My blood has thinned.

Why the fock do you people live in this shiot? You know you don't have to, right? Hop in your car, point it in a direction with an "S", and don't stop until you hit water or Mexico.

I'm probably going to REI tomorrow to drop I dunno how much money on a jacket and gloves. I think I have some sort of ear muffs in the closet. Fock this, if they don't buy my widget Imma gonna be pissed. :mad:

I'm flying to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on Sunday for a meeting on Monday, flying back Tuesday. Sunday and Monday are acceptable temps, maybe teens and some snow. Tuesday... high is -7, low is -23. I grew up in PA and can probably count on my d1ck how many times I've experienced this level of cold, and I've lived in Phoenix for 30-ish years. My blood has thinned.

Why the fock do you people live in this shiot? You know you don't have to, right? Hop in your car, point it in a direction with an "S", and don't stop until you hit water or Mexico.

I'm probably going to REI tomorrow to drop I dunno how much money on a jacket and gloves. I think I have some sort of ear muffs in the closet. Fock this, if they don't buy my widget Imma gonna be pissed. :mad:

I agree with you but I feel the same way about places with extreme heat - Arizona, Louisiana, Texas etc. I dont like 100 degree temps any more than I like single digits.

I agree with you but I feel the same way about places with extreme heat - Arizona, Louisiana, Texas etc. I dont like 100 degree temps any more than I like single digits.

If I recall you dated some chick and as part of that lived in Georgia or Alabama, right? I don't want to say a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant (you didn't mention those states so I'm questioning my memory). Please confirm or deny before I waste everyone's time. :cheers:

It's brutally cold here in lower Michigan. The real feel is -14 right now.

If I recall you dated some chick and as part of that lived in Georgia or Alabama, right? I don't want to say a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant (you didn't mention those states so I'm questioning my memory). Please confirm or deny before I waste everyone's time. :cheers:

Dated a girl from the Deep South and talked about moving there but didnt.

Just got around 6 inches of snow and it's about 5 degrees out.

Another six inches and you'll have a foot...

Of snow. :dunno:

Bundle up buttercup.

Who lives in that crap? Arghh, I'm a tough guy, I can take it! Here's a tip: It can literally kill you in minutes. Do you know why? It's a miserable focking existence, that's why. The only way it works is when you do it NV-style with a heater and a bunch of booze. :cheers:

Climate researchers are sounding the alarm on a polar vortex that’s predicted to sweep through the U.S.’ east coast later this month and inflict one of the harshest winters in years, The Washington Post reported.

Climate researchers are sounding the alarm on a polar vortex that’s predicted to sweep through the U.S.’ east coast later this month and inflict one of the harshest winters in years, The Washington Post reported.

:banana:

Getting ready for record low temps in the -30's to -40's.

Welcome to the party :cheers:

The only way it works is when you do it NV-style with a heater and a bunch of booze. :cheers:

:bandana:

I'll take the cold over 100 degrees and humidity

I have an Aunt that now lives in Florida and EVERY SINGLE year she likes to post a pic of a thermostat showing 70+ degrees while we are freezing. Every fukkin year. I wanted to reply with a post of the hurricane, that hit her neighborhood pretty hard, but I guess that would be in poor form.

Shattap Auntie.

I'm getting emails about business closings for Wed and Thurs here due to cold temps. I'm sure the schools will close too. My kids already got today off. Now they might get the whole focking week.

I'll take the 100 degrees and humidity any day. Enjoy your ice finishing, I'll take year round golf.

My truck never spun off the road due to the humidity.

Where did they dig up the name polar vortex? Dumb.

It's a cold front with High pressure behind it. Not nearly as scary.

• Like 1

No sh!t, kids have it so easy today...this was my walk to school when I was a kid...both ways.

They've canceled school for the next two days due to forcast of -70 windchills. Yeah.