Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

SHOCKING video puts the liberal's "War on babies" into perspective.

I wonder on what grounds abortion remains legal today.

We have no reasonable expectation of privacy (NSA, Homeland Security). The government has the ability to dictate what we can or can't do with our bodies (forced Obamacare). I mean, why is abortion legal today based on how the government is currently focking with our "rights"?

:dunno:

I wonder on what grounds abortion remains legal today.

We have no reasonable expectation of privacy (NSA, Homeland Security). The government has the ability to dictate what we can or can't do with our bodies (forced Obamacare). I mean, why is abortion legal today based on how the government is currently focking with our "rights"?

:dunno:

Obamacare doesn't change what you can or can't do with your body, you might want to research that a bit more. :thumbsup:

Obamacare doesn't change what you can or can't do with your body, you might want to research that a bit more. :thumbsup:

Also, anyone who thinks Homeland Security is a bad thing must be a retard.

Well, it says you have to get health insurance for your body, or be punished by the government for non compliance.

Seems odd that our government, well not everywhere YET, won't let people smoke weed, consume MSG, inhale water vapor, smoke cigarettes in their cars, won't let you commit suicide, but is cool with terminating a pregnancy. Seems odd, the inconsistencies in logic, is all.

Also, anyone who thinks Homeland Security is a bad thing must be a retard.

Homeland Security is 9/11 times a thousand type of bad thing. It makes the Constitution null and void. It gives the U.S. government the unchallenged ability to be a terrorist organization to it's own citizens.

Well, it says you have to get health insurance for your body, or be punished by the government for non compliance.

Seems odd that our government, well not everywhere YET, won't let people smoke weed, consume MSG, inhale water vapor, smoke cigarettes in their cars, won't let you commit suicide, but is cool with terminating a pregnancy. Seems odd, the inconsistencies in logic, is all.

We would agree on weed.

Other things are controlled because of the risks they provide to a large number of people and the cost consequences of them to not only yourself but others.

Abortion does not contain those same "risks" or long term costs.

Especially now you consider that "scientifically" its not a person at the point of a large number of abortions (not going to get into the later term things...unless medically necessary for the mother I would agree those are sick).

BTW...how won't the government let you commit suicide? Because they won't let a doctor do it does not mean what you said.

All this from someone who does believe its a child earlier on than some. From me who hates the very thought of abortion altogether. But realizes that, sadly, there is a need for them to be legal in this country.

So ... you are in favor of women having the freedom to make these decisions about their own bodies or no?

Homeland Security is 9/11 times a thousand type of bad thing. It makes the Constitution null and void. It gives the U.S. government the unchallenged ability to be a terrorist organization to it's own citizens.

The actual department does none of what you bolded actually.

Is this another thread where phillybear contradicts himself a dozen times?

We would agree on weed.

Other things are controlled because of the risks they provide to a large number of people and the cost consequences of them to not only yourself but others.

Abortion does not contain those same "risks" or long term costs.

Especially now you consider that "scientifically" its not a person at the point of a large number of abortions (not going to get into the later term things...unless medically necessary for the mother I would agree those are sick).

BTW...how won't the government let you commit suicide? Because they won't let a doctor do it does not mean what you said.

All this from someone who does believe its a child earlier on than some. From me who hates the very thought of abortion altogether. But realizes that, sadly, there is a need for them to be legal in this country.

Inhaling water vapor poses a risk to nobody. Yet, it's being banned by the government because it's a bad influence on kids. Not making it up. That's what the politicians are saying. They are saying nicotine is bad for you, ignoring that humans consume nicotine every day (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants) with no ill effects. I've heard so many stories of people using it to quit using tobacco, it's stunning that it's being banned. Makes zero sense.

If you try to kill yourself, but fail, you will absolutely be locked up for some time, possibly for a very long time, in a facility.

So ... you are in favor of women having the freedom to make these decisions about their own bodies or no?

lol. Another contradiction by phillybear.

Mr. Pro-Freedom who also is against gay marriage. :doh:

I've always felt that is a woman is cold hearted enough to kill her unborn child, she would have been a terrible mother anyway.

Other than that, I am one of the few people in this country that doesn't way in on abortion. The rape and forced to give birth argument is idiotic because that is making laws for a 1 in a million scenario. It would be nice if the father had some say in the decision, and if he doesn't maybe he shouldn't be on the hook for child support. But that's just using logic.

Ultimately, nobody in this country has ultimate freedom to make decision, so having that expectation anymore is pointless.

I like to point out the contradictions.

The actual department does none of what you bolded actually.

You could believe that.

lol. Another contradiction by phillybear.

Mr. Pro-Freedom who also is against gay marriage. :doh:

I am pro freedom.

Why do you feel the need to call it "gay" marriage. Do you feel there is a difference between marriage and "gay" marriage?

See what you did there?

I've always felt that is a woman is cold hearted enough to kill her unborn child, she would have been a terrible mother anyway.

Other than that, I am one of the few people in this country that doesn't way in on abortion. The rape and forced to give birth argument is idiotic because that is making laws for a 1 in a million scenario. It would be nice if the father had some say in the decision, and if he doesn't maybe he shouldn't be on the hook for child support. But that's just using logic.

Ultimately, nobody in this country has ultimate freedom to make decision, so having that expectation anymore is pointless.

So you are not pro choice then?

I like how you don't weigh in on abortion, by weighing in on abortion.

You could believe that.

Because the department on its own is not what is trampling on the constitution.

HTH

I am pro freedom.

Why do you feel the need to call it "gay" marriage. Do you feel there is a difference between marriage and "gay" marriage?

See what you did there?

Right now there absolutely is a difference. Which is the problem.

I am pro freedom.

See what you did there?

lol. Get caught being a hypocritical doosh, just make a joke and don't acknowledge it. The phillybear way.

So you are not pro choice then?

The more channels available on my cable the better. :thumbsup:

I like how you don't weigh in on abortion, by weighing in on abortion.

No, I really don't.

I have issues with some of the arguments folks use to make their cases. They sound silly.

Because the department on its own is not what is trampling on the constitution.

HTH

Point taken. The federal government is trampling it.

NewbieJr posed they as an entity were a good thing.

The more channels available on my cable the better. :thumbsup:

Still don't really get what you're trying to say.

Seems to me you are pro freedom, except when it comes to abortion or the right of gay adults to marry each other. And you're pro free speech, except when it comes to the public boycotting whatever shock jock you like.

I don't really care where you stand either way, it's just funny to me that you think of yourself as a constitutionalist libertarian when your beliefs are fairly inconsistent and you don't seem to understand the first amendment.

lol. Get caught being a hypocritical doosh, just make a joke and don't acknowledge it. The phillybear way.

It wasn't a joke. But by all means, deflect from your faux pas.

Inhaling water vapor poses a risk to nobody. Yet, it's being banned by the government because it's a bad influence on kids. Not making it up. That's what the politicians are saying. They are saying nicotine is bad for you, ignoring that humans consume nicotine every day (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants) with no ill effects. I've heard so many stories of people using it to quit using tobacco, it's stunning that it's being banned. Makes zero sense.

American Lung Association Statement on E-Cigarettes

The American Lung Association is very concerned about the potential safety and health consequences of electronic cigarettes, as well as claims that they can be used to help smokers quit. There is no government oversight of these products and absent Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight, there is no way for the public health, medical community or consumers to know what chemicals are contained in e-cigarettes or what the short and long term health implications might be. That’s why the American Lung Association has called on the Obama Administration to halt its delay and for the FDA to propose meaningful regulation of these products to protect to the public health.

The FDA has not approved e-cigarettes as a safe or effective method to help smokers quit. When smokers are ready to quit, they should call 1-800-QUIT NOW or talk with their doctors about using one of the seven FDA-approved medications proven to be safe and effective in helping smokers quit.

A study has estimated that there are 250 different e-cigarette brands for sale in the U.S. today. There is likely to be wide variation in the chemicals that each contain, but in initial lab tests conducted by the FDA in 2009, detectable levels of toxic cancer-causing chemicals were found, including an ingredient used in anti-freeze, in two leading brands of e-cigarettes and 18 various cartridges. That is why it is so urgent for FDA to begin its regulatory oversight of e-cigarettes, which would include ingredient disclosure by e-cigarette manufacturers to FDA.

Also unknown is what the potential harm may be to people exposed to secondhand emissions from e-cigarettes. Two initial studies have found formaldehyde, benzene and tobacco-specific nitrosamines (a carcinogen) coming from those secondhand emissions. While there is a great deal more to learn about these products, it is clear that there is much to be concerned about, especially in the absence of FDA oversigh

If you try to kill yourself, but fail, you will absolutely be locked up for some time, possibly for a very long time, in a facility.

Not true, unless you remain suicidal or homicidal. Or floridly psychotic/manic/depressed.

I've seen plenty of failed suicide attempts sent home from the Emergency Department.

Still don't really get what you're trying to say.

Seems to me you are pro freedom, except when it comes to abortion or the right of gay adults to marry each other. And you're pro free speech, except when it comes to the public boycotting whatever shock jock you like.

I don't really care where you stand either way, it's just funny to me that you think of yourself as a constitutionalist libertarian when your beliefs are fairly inconsistent and you don't seem to understand the first amendment.

People get caught up in the micro views. I'm looking macro level. Take marriage. No, not the hot button issues, gay marriage, so they say. I mean marriage. It's broken. Divorce is sky high. Broken homes. Marriage is something nobody takes seriously anymore. People get married for tax breaks, for insurance reasons, get married 4 or 5 times. It's a joke. My thought isn't to make it easier for more people to jump right into a marriage. But make sure you really want it. Take away the tax incentives, which is discriminatory against the single people. Fix divorce court, where men's lives are consistently ruined with archaic formulaic monetary deduction scales for support payments. I'm against the current state of marriage, I'm not against the queers doing whatever they want to do. But the government should not lose sight that they also respect the rights of religions to not accept marriages. Hey, you can't force people to be friends. I think the religious folks have actually been rather flexible about things lately, when you compare it to the other side, that scream "homophobe" whenever somebody says they are against queebs getting hitched. It's not an all or nothing issue. There is common ground here. But marriage overall is the problem.

I'm not against public boycotting. I'm disgusted by it. It's just shameful, selfish behavior. A person who is so incensed by something they don't like, they want to make sure nobody else has the right to enjoy that content. Who the fock made them King of the World? It's the prevalent sense of entitlement in our society. Oh, he doesn't share my opinion, so he should lose his job, his ability to express his opinion, his ability to make a joke. Boycotting is taking away the rights of another person for selfish reasons. What kind of monster does that?

American Lung Association Statement on E-Cigarettes

The American Lung Association is very concerned about the potential safety and health consequences of electronic cigarettes, as well as claims that they can be used to help smokers quit. There is no government oversight of these products and absent Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight, there is no way for the public health, medical community or consumers to know what chemicals are contained in e-cigarettes or what the short and long term health implications might be. That’s why the American Lung Association has called on the Obama Administration to halt its delay and for the FDA to propose meaningful regulation of these products to protect to the public health.

The FDA has not approved e-cigarettes as a safe or effective method to help smokers quit. When smokers are ready to quit, they should call 1-800-QUIT NOW or talk with their doctors about using one of the seven FDA-approved medications proven to be safe and effective in helping smokers quit.

A study has estimated that there are 250 different e-cigarette brands for sale in the U.S. today. There is likely to be wide variation in the chemicals that each contain, but in initial lab tests conducted by the FDA in 2009, detectable levels of toxic cancer-causing chemicals were found, including an ingredient used in anti-freeze, in two leading brands of e-cigarettes and 18 various cartridges. That is why it is so urgent for FDA to begin its regulatory oversight of e-cigarettes, which would include ingredient disclosure by e-cigarette manufacturers to FDA.

Also unknown is what the potential harm may be to people exposed to secondhand emissions from e-cigarettes. Two initial studies have found formaldehyde, benzene and tobacco-specific nitrosamines (a carcinogen) coming from those secondhand emissions. While there is a great deal more to learn about these products, it is clear that there is much to be concerned about, especially in the absence of FDA oversigh

American Lung Association has it's agenda. Not surprising.

When is the last time you've heard of yanking a product off a shelf before you could prove it was harmful. It's speculative at best. "Concerned" "unknown".

Not true, unless you remain suicidal or homicidal. Or floridly psychotic/manic/depressed.

I've seen plenty of failed suicide attempts sent home from the Emergency Department.

I don't know. Maybe it depends on where you live.

People get caught up in the micro views. I'm looking macro level. Take marriage. No, not the hot button issues, gay marriage, so they say. I mean marriage. It's broken. Divorce is sky high. Broken homes. Marriage is something nobody takes seriously anymore. People get married for tax breaks, for insurance reasons, get married 4 or 5 times. It's a joke. My thought isn't to make it easier for more people to jump right into a marriage. But make sure you really want it. Take away the tax incentives, which is discriminatory against the single people. Fix divorce court, where men's lives are consistently ruined with archaic formulaic monetary deduction scales for support payments. I'm against the current state of marriage, I'm not against the queers doing whatever they want to do. But the government should not lose sight that they also respect the rights of religions to not accept marriages. Hey, you can't force people to be friends. I think the religious folks have actually been rather flexible about things lately, when you compare it to the other side, that scream "homophobe" whenever somebody says they are against queebs getting hitched. It's not an all or nothing issue. There is common ground here. But marriage overall is the problem.

I'm not against public boycotting. I'm disgusted by it. It's just shameful, selfish behavior. A person who is so incensed by something they don't like, they want to make sure nobody else has the right to enjoy that content. Who the fock made them King of the World? It's the prevalent sense of entitlement in our society. Oh, he doesn't share my opinion, so he should lose his job, his ability to express his opinion, his ability to make a joke. Boycotting is taking away the rights of another person for selfish reasons. What kind of monster does that?

My point is that your support for personal freedoms / rights in general seems arbitrary and selective when it comes to thinks like abortion, gay rights, free speech etc.

There have been over 55 million abortions in the US since Roe v Wade.

We are The Great Society!

My point is that your support for personal freedoms / rights in general seems arbitrary and selective when it comes to thinks like abortion, gay rights, free speech etc.

No. You seem to think I have a stance on some of these issues which I don't in actuality. Have I at any point in this thread said I was against abortion. Nope. Yet, several of you folks are implying that I am. Why? Have I said in this thread I was anti-queer rights?

Do people actually reading my thought provoking responses, or are they just making assumptions based on some type of preconceived notions?

Now imagine if they were added to today's unemployed totals

No. You seem to think I have a stance on some of these issues which I don't in actuality. Have I at any point in this thread said I was against abortion. Nope. Yet, several of you folks are implying that I am. Why? Have I said in this thread I was anti-queer rights?

Do people actually reading my thought provoking responses, or are they just making assumptions based on some type of preconceived notions?

You have said that you oppose gay marriage in the past. You've claimed to be a supporter of all forms of free speech but you go on and on about how boycotts are a pitchfork mob. I've tried to figure out where you stand on abortion without any luck.

I really don't care, I just think your positions seem pretty flexible.

If you try to kill yourself, but fail, you will absolutely be locked up for some time, possibly for a very long alonglity.

No

You have said that you oppose gay marriage in the past. You've claimed to be a supporter of all forms of free speech but you go on and on about how boycotts are a pitchfork mob. I've tried to figure out where you stand on abortion without any luck.

I really don't care, I just think your positions seem pretty flexible.

I have said I oppose all forms of marriage in the past. Due to problems with the whole concept. Unless you fix the problem, why would you allow more mistakes to happen which would propogate more problems in the end. My would you want to let more cars drive off the broken bridge. But if you change the rules of marriage to allow gays to marry, you are making exceptions at the expense of equality. Overhaul it all, or nothing. Either way, this issue stinks and I don't like. It's #7,488 of important thing to worry about.

I support free speech. Boycotts are inherently a course of action borne out of censorship, an attempt to stifle anothers free expression. It's symptomatic of an entitled, babyish society that demands that the world caters to their every whim, rather than support a mature attitude that people will disagree with you, with ultimately is a good thing. I really don't see your disconnect here.

Look, I don't fall into a cookie cutter mentality of having my beliefs based on what party I pull a lever for. I like to give each issue some thought, some are more important to me than others. That's not a bad thing.

I have said I oppose all forms of marriage in the past. Due to problems with the whole concept. Unless you fix the problem, why would you allow more mistakes to happen which would propogate more problems in the end. My would you want to let more cars drive off the broken bridge. But if you change the rules of marriage to allow gays to marry, you are making exceptions at the expense of equality. Overhaul it all, or nothing. Either way, this issue stinks and I don't like. It's #7,488 of important thing to worry about.

I support free speech. Boycotts are inherently a course of action borne out of censorship, an attempt to stifle anothers free expression. It's symptomatic of an entitled, babyish society that demands that the world caters to their every whim, rather than support a mature attitude that people will disagree with you, with ultimately is a good thing. I really don't see your disconnect here.

Look, I don't fall into a cookie cutter mentality of having my beliefs based on what party I pull a lever for. I like to give each issue some thought, some are more important to me than others. That's not a bad thing.

What exceptions are you making at the expense of equality RE: gay marriage? Before you said the gheys are perverts who shouldn't be allowed to partner. Now you claim it's because marriage is "broke." Alrighty then.

My disconnect on boycotts is that a boycott is free speech. So it's funny to me to see a guy who claims to live free speech as much as you do deride people for exercising that right.

We've been through this before, I think you have a pretty feeble understanding of the first amendment and personal rights.

What exceptions are you making at the expense of equality RE: gay marriage? Before you said the gheys are perverts who shouldn't be allowed to partner. Now you claim it's because marriage is "broke." Alrighty then.

My disconnect on boycotts is that a boycott is free speech. So it's funny to me to see a guy who claims to live free speech as much as you do deride people for exercising that right.

We've been through this before, I think you have a pretty feeble understanding of the first amendment and personal rights.

It's called backpedalling. phillybear was called out for his constant hypocrisy and now he's trying to not seem like an such an ass hole.

Yes, he is against gay marriage. He calls them perverts and says that them wanting to be able to marry is getting "extra rights" and not equal rights. :wacko:

His views on free speech/expression are focking hilarious.

Funny seeing the two libertarians crying about abortion.