Sign in to follow this  
Googballz

Will Obamacare cost projections be as accurate as Medicare cost projections?

The were only off by just under 1000%. :doh:

Medicare (entire program). In 1967, the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that the new Medicare program, launched the previous year, would cost about $12 billion in 1990. Actual Medicare spending in 1990 was $110 billion—off by nearly a factor of 10.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/08/04/health-care-reform-cost-estimates-what-is-the-track-record/

Idea for your next thread, Google Pilot:

Will Weapons of Mass Destruction finding be as accurate as Bush predicted in Iraq?

(and 'you're welcome' for me bumping your zero-reply thread before it totally disappeared)

No, the projections will not be 1000% off because there is not that much money in the government.

No, the projections will not be 1000% off because there is not that much money in the government.

Since when has not having the money for something slowed them down?

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) “The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it.”

Really I'm shocked it's actually working right now. Hopefully they keep the funding mechanisms in place since things are peachy.

We'll see where we are in five years or so but early indications are rosy. I love that it's not hemorrhaging money. I agree with the goal the Dems had but I didn't trust them to actually make it happen by designing a competent program. I watched every step on the way as they were cooking this legislative sausage. When they were catering to special interests in insurance, pharmaceuticals, and trial lawyers, I thought "this can't be good". I'm well aware -as the OP pointed out- they have a history of complete, total, abject failure in budgetary projections when trying to do this in the past.

Maybe this not only won't suck as much as I thought. It may actually be good. At this point, it's certainly looking about a trillion times better than what we had before.