Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The **Official** 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread

Should be starting this weekend. With Indiana and Miami playing .500 ball the past month the East seems to be a little more wide open than anyone thought. The West should be fun too with OKC and SA being the front runners but a team like the Clippers could make things interesting. The Grizzlies have actually been playing the best recently out West.

I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

On a personal note Charlotte is actually participating this year in the playoffs. :confetti: My brother is picking me up from work in a few hours and we are driving the hour and 45 minutes as he scored 4 tickets in the lower section for free though his work. A Charlotte win and a Wizards loss in Boston and we get the 6 seed and don't have to face Miami in the first round (would face a much easier foe in the Raptors). Bobcats are playing the Bulls who also have playoff seeding to play for too in the last regular season game of the year. Really looking forward to the game tonight.

Should be starting this weekend. With Indiana and Miami playing .500 ball the past month the East seems to be a little more wide open than anyone thought.

I doubt it... Miami will be in the title series again...

I doubt it... Miami will be in the title series again...

Probably. The NBA wants LJames to win enough Championships to be in the argument w/ Jordan as to who's the all-time greatest. And I hate the NBA for that. They want to be always considered relevant and they can't do that if their greatest player is 10 years removed from the game.

I guarantee there'll be questionable ref calls go their way as the Playoffs go deeper.

I'd love the 8 seed to beat 'em. But we know the NBA will never let that happen.

I would love to see Washington pass Crooklyn for the five spot. Potential second round matchups of indiana/nets and chicago/heat. Would improve the eastern conf shiotshow somewhat.

I would love to see Washington pass Crooklyn for the five spot. Potential second round matchups of indiana/nets and chicago/heat. Would improve the eastern conf shiotshow somewhat.

Could happen .. IF the Bullets win in Boston and the Crooks lose 2x. But ...

Washington will be seeded:

• #5 if Wizards win and Nets lose

• #6 if Nets win and Wizards win OR Wizards lose and Bobcats lose

• #7 if Wizards lose and Bobcats win

Pacers. :lol:

:( my Pacers have looked like shitt for 2 months. No suprise they lost.

Hoping Brooklyn can get through to Miami. Given the utter collapse of Indy they may have the best shot vs the Heat in the East.

The Pacers situation is a fascinating study. They did it all right: draft picks, young players, bring them along slowly. But when things go wrong, there's little veteran leadership to serve as a rudder.

Conversely, you can add older, high priced guys, but the window of opportunity is so small. When the job's done right (or if you're lucky enough) GM is pretty damn important.

Aldridge might be the most underrated player in the league. IMO he is the best all-round PF in the league at the moment, though Griffin certainly made strides this year.

I want to care, but it's just not happening. Too bad, I usually enjoy playoff basketball.

I guess it's mainly that the east is so damn weak and I don't care about most of the contenders in the west. Would like to see OKC win a title but at the same time they hardly deserve it after the colossal Harden blunder.

Bullets Fever! Happens to me every year

Bullets Fever. And this year’s the one

Bullets Fever. Got the Doctor and the Iceman

Bullets Fever. Seattle was stunned

You’ve gotta be a fan from old DC

To know what the Bullets mean to me

To see them get up and go all the way

For me Bullets Fever is here to stay

C.J. and Larry, Greg, Joe and Mitch

Ran the Bomb Squad into a ditch

C.J. Tom and Larry are fast as light

Kevin, Bobby and Elvin they shoot out of sight

Aint it beautiful how Bobby D plays so great

With the Big E!

(inaudible) …we blew the Sonics out

Now all the world knows what our team’s about

With all his heart Wes fought the west

Now every Bullet wears a champion’s ring

They’ve got our town screaming and stompin’

They turn it into a family thing

Come on coach Motta

King of basketball chess

Come on now fans support them every test

Bullets Fever. Beat the best in the world

Bullets Fever. Now we’re number one!

Bullets Fever. Come on Bobby D

Bullets Fever. Put in a swish for me

Bullets Fever. Let’s see that turnaround, Mr. Hayes

Bullets Fever. See your play is amazing

Bullets Fever. Hey and Bernie, we’re pulling for you

Bullets Fever. Dreams come true

Number one, number one…

GAWDDAMN MOTHERFOCKING BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOCK JOEY CRAWFORD

FOCK NENE

AND FOCK THIBODEAU

Sorry rant over.

GAWDDAMN MOTHERFOCKING BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOCK JOEY CRAWFORD

FOCK NENE

AND FOCK THIBODEAU

Sorry rant over.

The Bulls are in a bad way. Their franchise player isn't, and the rest of the roster is just good enough to get to the post-season and realize that they're right on the verge of a career with a mediocre team. Big changes coming imo.

The Bulls are in a bad way. Their franchise player isn't, and the rest of the roster is just good enough to get to the post-season and realize that they're right on the verge of a career with a mediocre team. Big changes coming imo.

I am not a big Carmelo Anthony fan. Don't think he has that clutch thing that helps teams win games. But put him on this Chicago team, with a 75% D Rose, and I may make them the favorite in the East next season.

Can the Pacers win today? Can they come back and win the next two? I think they can. I think they win big today, then a close one at home. Probably wishful thinking.

The Mavericks have dominated San Antonio through 2 games. And while San Antonio looks good so far today, Dallas looks like they believe they are the better team. It's not going out on a limb, but if Dallas can win today, they'll take the series.

Yes, I've drank the kool aid. Get by SA and I think Dallas is capable of beating anyone in the West. Not saying I would pick Dallas, but no coach wants to face Rick Carlisle in a 7 game series.

I am not a big Carmelo Anthony fan. Don't think he has that clutch thing that helps teams win games. But put him on this Chicago team, with a 75% D Rose, and I may make them the favorite in the East next season.

Yeah, but add Anthony and you lose the defense and toughness that the rest of the roster is built on. They did so because Rose is easily pushed around and a poor defender. Add another horrific defender in Anthony, along with Rose who is now 75% of a poor defender, and they're having to rely on outscoring people. They'd basically be the Knicks imo.

Rose has been overrated from the get go. He's an average shooter, way undersized, and can be taken out of games which is a big deal when you're talking about the guy who has the ball 80% of possessions.

This team may have fared better in the 80s, when you could compensate for a small scorer who was a defensive liability by beating people up. I think they're right on the verge of having to start over, and that's a bad place to be unless you already suck.

The Mavericks have dominated San Antonio through 2 games. And while San Antonio looks good so far today, Dallas looks like they believe they are the better team. It's not going out on a limb, but if Dallas can win today, they'll take the series.

Yes, I've drank the kool aid. Get by SA and I think Dallas is capable of beating anyone in the West. Not saying I would pick Dallas, but no coach wants to face Rick Carlisle in a 7 game series.

The West is WIDE open. Of the bunch, SA, Dal, Mem, OKC are best equipped to win multiple tough series. Mavs compensate for their lack of overall speed and defensive lapses by taking such good care of the ball. I think eventually the superior inside play of SA will win out and even if it doesn't, I feel like the size advantage that each of the other teams has means dal will have to play lights out to advance. What they have to their advantage is that they know they've done that before.

The NBA playoffs kind of suck this year. Very few exciting games at all thus far.

If you're just watching the Heat series ;)

I was discussing this with some friends; has there ever been a first round as wide open as this? There is only one shoe-in(Miami) everything else is wide open, or was before some teams unexpectedly went up 3-1. This happens in hockey, but rarely with basketball. We have two 1 seeds that can easily lose their series, and one that against a team that is under .500 that has no business in the playoffs.

The NBA playoffs kind of suck this year. Very few exciting games at all thus far.

Well - we got one hell of a thriller Saturday. Wow - what a shot by Carter!

I have no idea where this Mavs team is coming from. SA is still getting lots of easy baskets - but hey, that's what they do. But our Mavs are actually making critical stops when they need to and we're doing pretty good on the boards. We are somehow up 2-1 and Dirk hasn't really been a huge factor so far. We need to win 2nite or I still think SA takes the series.

If you're just watching the Heat series ;)

I was discussing this with some friends; has there ever been a first round as wide open as this? There is only one shoe-in(Miami) everything else is wide open, or was before some teams unexpectedly went up 3-1. This happens in hockey, but rarely with basketball. We have two 1 seeds that can easily lose their series, and one that against a team that is under .500 that has no business in the playoffs.

Believe it or not, I was being sarcastic.

I have watched every second of Mavs-Spurs, most of the other Western Conference games, and a couple of the Pacers vs Hawks games, and I have never been this entertained by the first round of NBA playoffs ever. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen better games in any round. The only thing that has made later rounds better was the stakes.

Well - we got one hell of a thriller Saturday. Wow - what a shot by Carter!

I have no idea where this Mavs team is coming from. SA is still getting lots of easy baskets - but hey, that's what they do. But our Mavs are actually making critical stops when they need to and we're doing pretty good on the boards. We are somehow up 2-1 and Dirk hasn't really been a huge factor so far. We need to win 2nite or I still think SA takes the series.

I won't claim to have picked the Mavs before the series started, but I truly didn't think it was a mismatch like everyone else. The idea of Dallas winning always seemed reasonable to me. I just think this Mavs team has a swagger about it. They look like a team that thinks it can win against anyone...... So much credit to Rick Carlisle there, as I don't think there is a coach in the league I would rather right now.

Ed gets his news from barstoolsports, but fails to read the comments. Otherwise, he would have seen that Lin actually dribbles the ball, but the camera angle is bad.

:lol:

STILL a travel.

HTH

:lol:

I won't claim to have picked the Mavs before the series started, but I truly didn't think it was a mismatch like everyone else. The idea of Dallas winning always seemed reasonable to me. I just think this Mavs team has a swagger about it. They look like a team that thinks it can win against anyone...... So much credit to Rick Carlisle there, as I don't think there is a coach in the league I would rather right now.

I thought, like most, that the Mavs would get run out of the gym. And why not? Tony Parker traditionally makes whomever is guarding him his biatch as the blows by them time and time again, SA's team of 3-point snipers, SA's ability to pass the ball as the best ball passing team in the league, and of course - Tim Duncan. How this Mavs team lost 12 or whatever striaght to SA and now is leading - it's hard to explain. If we can continue to score like we are and if we can continue to protect the basketball - the little Mavs just might pull the upset.

Pacers win tonight. Portland is pretty focking good. I don't get to watch them often due to location, but after watching them in the playoffs, I think they just might be the team to beat. Aldridge is a beast!

Pacers win tonight. Portland is pretty focking good. I don't get to watch them often due to location, but after watching them in the playoffs, I think they just might be the team to beat. Aldridge is a beast!

Portland is one of the most entertaining teams in the league because of Aldridge and Lilliard. They may very well be the next Duncan/Parker pairing in the west.

I think Indy may have righted the ship enough to handle ATL, though I still don't like their backcourt. And when Hibbert is a non-factor as he's been, it makes the deficiency at guard all the more glaring.

Portland is one of the most entertaining teams in the league because of Aldridge and Lilliard. They may very well be the next Duncan/Parker pairing in the west.

I think Indy may have righted the ship enough to handle ATL, though I still don't like their backcourt. And when Hibbert is a non-factor as he's been, it makes the deficiency at guard all the more glaring.

I agree about the Pacers and Portland is very fun to watch.

Believe it or not, I was being sarcastic.

I have watched every second of Mavs-Spurs, most of the other Western Conference games, and a couple of the Pacers vs Hawks games, and I have never been this entertained by the first round of NBA playoffs ever. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen better games in any round. The only thing that has made later rounds better was the stakes.

I know.

As much as I think the first round should go back to 5 games; this year has been fantastic.