The nation has been tearing itself apart for a long time, long before Trump took office even. We have a new House coming after this election. Basically 0% of republicans trust the press.
1. What do you think the democrats can and should do to heal this divided nation?
2. Do you think they are more interested in healing the divisions or are they more interested in pushing their agenda?
3. Do you think the nation will be more or less divided after 2 years of the democrats running the House?
4. Will republicans be more trustful of the press after 2 years of the democrats running the House?
1) The hope is that they'll stop with the SJW divisions and grievance politics all the time. Nothing worse than when a gender studies professor rolls on two guys in the gutter in her BMW and points to one and says, "that guy is privileged."
2) Whereas FDR had made the everyday working man the focus of his Democratic Party coalition, the modern Dems couldn't care less about anything but demonizing him. They can't even stand to be around everyday people. The modern Dems are a collection of special interest grievances rolled together and united in a shared interest in sticking their hands into the pocket of working people and local, main street business interests. I'd call them "a basket of deplorables" but that term has been used elsewhere.
3) The Dems are no more interested in unifying the country as Trump is. The name of the game is turn out your base, not appeal to moderates. We'll be more divided.
4) Ha! Ha! Ha! Are you kidding me? The legacy media is more slanted than ever. This last two months with how they covered Kavanaugh and the 2018 election blew away the last shreds of doubt on their objectivity. And I am not happy about this as I am tech stupid and a consumer of theirs and still rely on them for the vast bulk of news. They at least use to have professional ethics and seemed to make an attempt to hide their biases but that's been eroding for a long while now and is essentially gone at this point.
The national Dems are in a fight with the corporatist wing vs the SJW wing and the working class voters that use to make up the base of their voters in the midwest are just ignored and offered nothing. Here, have some handouts like we offer the blacks and hispanics to keep them in line and be sure to say thank you and tell us how great we are to you.