Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 11 people dead in California bar shooting..

People are trying to conflate illegal immigration to crime, and by extension, mass shootings.

"Illegal" immigrants and refugees are completely different from each other. "Illegal" immigrants and refugees are completely different from each other. Refugees come here legally and are vetted before gaining access and are tracked for their time here as they're only supposed to stay for 5 years and need to reapply to stay. They also can only receive government assistance for a specific period of time... 5 years for cash & 7 years for medical, and that's it. To my knowledge, this isn't new and decades old.

Illegals just sneak across the lines unverified and tend to somehow get welfare and stay on for decades. My brother is a police office and my sister-in-law works for social services. Illegals don't either commit violent crimes or are perfect citizens. I've heard many stories where the illegals are beating their wife or kids. They're on welfare for many years, live in "low income housing", yet have Smart TV's, or 60" HDTV's in multiple rooms of the house. They have iPhones. They have multiple computes/laptops and gaming systems. Yet they need food stamps (EBT now), and medicade. They need government housing. Why? They have a lifestyle of people who make $40k+ per year... but somehow still qualify for government assistance? Also, these people get busted for DUI/DWI and obviously never show up. They cost towns a LOT of money.

Refugees and "Illegal" immigrants are two entirely different groups of people.

Thanks Cliff. Can you give us the history of the word snowflake too?

Funny you should ask that. There's the old Canard that no two snowflakes are alike. That is simply just not provably true.

Imagine if somebody said no stars are made of chocolate.the only way to assert that with certainty is to look at every single star in every single galaxy in the universe. That simply can't be done.

Such as the same with snowflakes. Even if one had unlimited time, snowflakes are of course, fleeting in nature.

Or, hehe as I say, "sleeting" in nature. Hehe.

Man, that kills them every time down at keno.😄

Yeah, feel free to use that. The world needs more smiles.

Did someone at this bar criticize the Clintons? :ninja:

"Illegal" immigrants and refugees are completely different from each other. "Illegal" immigrants and refugees are completely different from each other. Refugees come here legally and are vetted before gaining access and are tracked for their time here as they're only supposed to stay for 5 years and need to reapply to stay. They also can only receive government assistance for a specific period of time... 5 years for cash & 7 years for medical, and that's it. To my knowledge, this isn't new and decades old.

Illegals just sneak across the lines unverified and tend to somehow get welfare and stay on for decades. My brother is a police office and my sister-in-law works for social services. Illegals don't either commit violent crimes or are perfect citizens. I've heard many stories where the illegals are beating their wife or kids. They're on welfare for many years, live in "low income housing", yet have Smart TV's, or 60" HDTV's in multiple rooms of the house. They have iPhones. They have multiple computes/laptops and gaming systems. Yet they need food stamps (EBT now), and medicade. They need government housing. Why? They have a lifestyle of people who make $40k+ per year... but somehow still qualify for government assistance? Also, these people get busted for DUI/DWI and obviously never show up. They cost towns a LOT of money.

Refugees and "Illegal" immigrants are two entirely different groups of people.

Yeah, but illegal immigrants and refugees are basically the same people.

I should have left out the "illegal" in my post.

Did someone at this bar criticize the Clintons? :ninja:

In California, that is called justifiable homicide.

Yeah, but illegal immigrants and refugees are basically the same people.

I should have left out the "illegal" in my post.

I'm fine with all "legal" immigrants, they're Americans and should be treated as such. Most people agree. Very few do not. It is not a political ideology to treat "Legals" like "Illegals", that's Leftist propaganda. "Illegals" should be deported.

I cannot think of on, I guess that since it does not happen very often (if at all) then it is something we should not make a big deal about, right?

He is using the specific term refugee because he knows if you use the term immigrant (legal or illegal) then his argument is shot.

Playing along with his word game, according to Cato there have been 20 attacks by refugees in the last 40 years and 3 of them resulted in American deaths.

http://blog.independent.org/2017/01/30/how-many-americans-have-refugees-killed/

He is using the specific term refugee because he knows if you use the term immigrant (legal or illegal) then his argument is shot.

Playing along with his word game, according to Cato there have been 20 attacks by refugees in the last 40 years and 3 of them resulted in American deaths.

Yes, but he also likes to deflect using the "its does not happen that often" method, which is not atypical for the SJW-type, but when you apply that login back on their whining, they have nothing for you.

Here is a good example of the SJW logic falling in the face of their own use....

"Very few immigrants actually commit murder so pointing it out and making it a thing is silly" RIGHT? But then" yes but very few cops are bad shooters and kill minorities, so by your logic it is silly to make IT a thing too right?"

Wait, were the police mentioned? Ohhh, I need a good kneel down.... Somebody queue up the Anthem please.

• Like 1

I was using refugee because the president wanted a refugee ban. 3 people in 40 years calls for wholesale policy changes, 10,000 gun deaths and we get thoughts and prayers.

I was using refugee because the president wanted a refugee ban. 3 people in 40 years calls for wholesale policy changes, 10,000 gun deaths and we get thoughts and prayers.

Yeah. Let's bring in more people and just let the blacks in Chicago just keep going on a murder spree after murder spree. All these new refugees will help with that and with the homeless around the country.

Yeah. Let's bring in more people and just let the blacks in Chicago just keep going on a murder spree after murder spree. All these new refugees will help with that and with the homeless around the country.

Refugees have committed 3 murders in 40 years.

Refugees have committed 3 murders in 40 years.

Sure. That is a really reliable bit of stats you are throwing around. What else in your bag of stats do you throw out there about the refugees around violent crimes and thefts and rapes and on and on and on....?

I dont understand why anyone cares about these refugees.. bunch of scum bags. You really want them to come in here? Third world slime.

I dont understand why anyone cares about these refugees.. bunch of scum bags. You really want them to come in here? Third world slime.

And almost none of them are even American citizens!

Gobbledog, who wants to ban all guns

For the record, I've never advocated banning guns. I advocate banning the commercial sale of firearms and ammunition.

Keep and bear guns as long as you want. Privately buy as many you'd like - the more the better actually.

..... but I get your point - I'm a liberal nut-job because I don't tow the NRA line. I'm cool with that. :)

There are hundreds of these stories world wide

COLUMBUS, Ohio The young refugee smiled broadly as he accepted his associate degree from a local community college less than seven months ago, jumping in the air on stage as the announcer said, Abdul Razak Artan, ###### laude.

Mr. Artan, who had been in the United States for just two years, seemed to be a success story in this citys large network of Somali refugees, excelling in his classes at Columbus State Community College and getting accepted as a transfer student to nearby Ohio State University.

But the image of a jubilant graduate in a cap and gown conflicted sharply with Mr. Artans actions on Monday, when the police say he rammed a car into pedestrians on a sidewalk at Ohio State before jumping out and stabbing people with a butcher knife.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us/from-somalia-to-us-ohio-state-attackers-path-to-violence.html

Ali was one of seven Minneapolis-area Somali men killed over a 10-month period, and authorities believe all were killed by fellow Somalis. Police say it's too simple to tie all the killings to Somali gangs, which have lured hundreds of young community members to their ranks in recent years.

Those in the insular community willing to speak out, however, disagree.

"It was all gang activity, totally, 100 percent," said Shukri Adan, a former Somali community organizer who estimated in a 2007 report for the city that between 400 and 500 young Somalis were active in gangs. "The police don't want to say that but everybody else knows that."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32010471/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/minneapolis-struggles-somali-gangs/#.W-SjjxplChA

MAINE: Somali Muslim invaders charged in murder so brutal, the case has been sealed from the media

Authorities in Portland, Maine, have arrested three Somali Muslim thugs in connection with the brutal killing of a man inside his apartment, then moved quickly to seal the case from public view.

WND Police arrested Abil Teshome, 23, Mohamud Mohamed, 36, and Osman Sheikh, 31, on Thursday. All three are charged with the murder of 49-year-old health-care worker Freddy Akoa. The 3 Muslims are from Portland but they have no fixed addresses, police said.

http://barenakedislam.com/2015/08/15/maine-somali-muslim-invaders-charged-in-murder-so-brutal-the-case-has-been-sealed-from-the-media/

Refugee charged with murder was in ICE custody in 2016

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/6/refugee-charged-with-murder-was-in-ice-custody-in-/

Muslim 'refugees' threaten Minnesota community with rape

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2016/07/muslim-refugees-threaten-minnesota-community-with-rape/#AR7UQumDJmUB2tt6.99

Minnesota Sheriff Reports to Congress on Growing Somalia Gang Threat in Hennepin County

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/minnesota-sheriff-reports-congress-growing-somalia-gang-threat-hennepin-county

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

MDC lost this thread. Good work.

penultimatestraw.......

This is what I'm talking about...............

Your gun right support is the reason this happens. You and your ilk have blood on your hands. I don't want anyone to get killed, but I can only sympathize for innocent deaths.

I own 2 cars, so I contribute to car deaths

I have 4 dogs, so all dog bites are my fault

I have a couple cases of beer in the fridge, so anyone that gets a DUI, I am to blame

I have round-up in my garage so its my fault that all ground water could be poisoned

you are a ###### idiot

• Like 2

Well, at least you have an open mind. :rolleyes: When was the last mass sling shooting?

Mental health is definitely a big component of the problem. So is easy access to weapons which kill quickly and efficiently. Both need to be addressed.

Thanks for proving my point, hack. :thumbsup:

You know what scary? Those Super Soakers that can melt people's faces off with acid attacks like 50 people at a time.

That's a thing right?

The acid would melt through the plastic first, dumbass :thumbsdown:

I own 2 cars, so I contribute to car deaths

I have 4 dogs, so all dog bites are my fault

I have a couple cases of beer in the fridge, so anyone that gets a DUI, I am to blame

I have round-up in my garage so its my fault that all ground water could be poisoned

Critical thinking sir. Benefits/enjoyment of cars-dogs-beer-etc. vs cons. Pros win.

Gun right pros vs cons. Cons win by a landslide. Unlike those other things it only takes a few idiots to create horrible carnage.

Thanks for proving my point, hack. :thumbsup:

Hack backed by data...versus making statements based on what, your gut feelings? Then dismissing differing opinions without any rationale.

Congrats on living a bigoted existence, I guess. :dunno:

That's cuz they've got nothing to retort against my post on Veterans.

I have no idea why we’re blathering on about refugees and no one has mentioned mental health issues among ex-military, who are involved in more than their share of gun deaths. I’m sure it’s all because the VA is run by the government.

Critical thinking sir. Benefits/enjoyment of cars-dogs-beer-etc. vs cons. Pros win.

Gun right pros vs cons. Cons win by a landslide. Unlike those other things it only takes a few idiots to create horrible carnage.

there are 2 million pro uses for guns every year

there are 11,000 con uses for guns every year

As a former fake bar owner.

This sucks for the owners. :(

• Like 1

Its like the end of the world in thousand oaks. First a plane crashes on the highway, then a mass shooting, and now a huge wildfire threatens to burn it all down. Geez.

there are 2 million pro uses for guns every year

there are 11,000 con uses for guns every year

Your first number is unsubstantiated, and nearly impossible to prove - surely you’ve seen the criticism of Kleck’s data? 2nd number too low.

Try comparing the number of lives saved vs. number of lives lost due to guns, or better yet, the likelihood you’ll be shot if you own a gun vs. if you don’t. :thumbsup:

I have no idea why we’re blathering on about refugees and no one has mentioned mental health issues among ex-military, who are involved in more than their share of gun deaths. I’m sure it’s all because the VA is run by the government.

Anyone who chooses to become an infantryman, sniper, foot soldier, etc. needs a certain mentality to begin with. How easy is it to adjust after the military turns them into highly effective killing machines, and puts them in position to kill or be killed?

I assume re entry programs exist, but are we doing all we can to ensure a smooth transition back to civilian life? Any vets here wanna offer insight into the process?

If a guy comes out crazed and goes on a rampage, are we assuming he had a screw loose going in? Or is combat and killing people is just too much stress for some to overcome? Again, vets wanna chime in?

How about some perspective...

There are 345.7 million people living in this country. I've read different numbers, but it's estimated that approximately 30% of the country's citizens own guns. That comes out to be approximately 98 million people. According to this website, https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/, in 2018 there have been 49 thousand gun related crimes. So, assuming all crimes were committed by legal gun owners - which I can say that no one believes that - 0.05% of the gun owners in this country have committed gun related crimes (note - "crimes", not "deaths" - that number would 0.013%).

The number of mass murders is 307. Anyone notice how the MSM focuses on that more than the 252 cops that were killed?

The acid would melt through the plastic first, dumbass :thumbsdown:

Ya don't say!

Plastics are poly-organic compounds which aren’t reactive to acid. To react with acid, a substance must be either a base or a reductant strong enough to be oxidized by hydronium ion. Most plastic are neither of them.

Anyone who chooses to become an infantryman, sniper, foot soldier, etc. needs a certain mentality to begin with. How easy is it to adjust after the military turns them into highly effective killing machines, and puts them in position to kill or be killed?

I assume re entry programs exist, but are we doing all we can to ensure a smooth transition back to civilian life? Any vets here wanna offer insight into the process?

If a guy comes out crazed and goes on a rampage, are we assuming he had a screw loose going in? Or is combat and killing people is just too much stress for some to overcome? Again, vets wanna chime in?

PTSD is a part of it, but some go into the military to channel their aggression. I did my psych rotation at an army facility, and in between people faking craziness to get out of the military there were some truly disturbing individuals.

How about some perspective...

There are 345.7 million people living in this country. I've read different numbers, but it's estimated that approximately 30% of the country's citizens own guns. That comes out to be approximately 98 million people. According to this website, https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/, in 2018 there have been 49 thousand gun related crimes. So, assuming all crimes were committed by legal gun owners - which I can say that no one believes that - 0.05% of the gun owners in this country have committed gun related crimes (note - "crimes", not "deaths" - that number would 0.013%).

The number of mass murders is 307. Anyone notice how the MSM focuses on that more than the 252 cops that were killed?

The absolute percentages are small, but the fact remains, guns cause more harm than good.