Sign in to follow this  
SMath3333

Why Zeke Should be Drafted Middle First Round

I'm not interested in a year of McCoy. I will pass on McCoy.

Well, if McCoy isnt good enough then not many will be. He's the #4 RB on the board,

Well, if McCoy isnt good enough then not many will be. He's the #4 RB on the board,

Just because someone is rated that high (based on projections), doesn't mean that everyone should assume that he "should" hit that number. I'm of the mindset that he won't. I rate Freeman, Ajayi, Howard and Gordon over McCoy. I have McCoy as a second round pick.

Just because someone is rated that high (based on projections), doesn't mean that everyone should assume that he "should" hit that number. I'm of the mindset that he won't. I rate Freeman, Ajayi, Howard and Gordon over McCoy. I have McCoy as a second round pick.

McCoy's stock dropped a lot for me as well. I felt pretty good about him a couple weeks ago but it just seems like the Bills are setting up for a rebuild. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills tried trading him at some point this season.

I'm picking 7th and shady is not my #4. I would pick d Freeman or m Evans over shady.

Here's how I rank the top 15...

1. David Johnson

2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Mike Evans
4. Antonio Brown
5. Devonta Freeman
6. Julio Jones
7. Jay Ajayi
8. Jordan Howard
9. Odell Beckham Jr.
10. Ezekiel Elliott
11. A.J. Green
12. Melvin Gordon
13. Michael Thomas
14. LeSean McCoy

15. DeMarco Murray

1. David Johnson

2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Mike Evans
4. Antonio Brown
5. Devonta Freeman
6. Julio Jones
7. Jay Ajayi
8. Jordan Howard
9. Odell Beckham Jr.
10. Ezekiel Elliott
11. A.J. Green
12. Melvin Gordon
13. Michael Thomas
14. LeSean McCoy

15. DeMarco Murray

I hope your list turns out to finish the year like that because I drafted 3 players off your top 15.

1. David Johnson

2. Le'Veon Bell

3. Mike Evans

4. Antonio Brown

5. Devonta Freeman

6. Julio Jones

7. Jay Ajayi

8. Jordan Howard

9. Odell Beckham Jr.

10. Ezekiel Elliott

11. A.J. Green

12. Melvin Gordon

13. Michael Thomas

14. LeSean McCoy

15. DeMarco Murray

Wow. You're bullish on Evans. Based on my league style/scoring I would not take him over Brown or Beckham jr but he's got a lot going for him.

I too would take Freeman as the 3rd/4th RB

I hope your list turns out to finish the year like that because I drafted 3 players off your top 15.

Good luck, for your sake, I hope I am right.

Wow. You're bullish on Evans. Based on my league style/scoring I would not take him over Brown or Beckham jr but he's got a lot going for him.

I too would take Freeman as the 3rd/4th RB

I think Evans, Brown, Jones, and Beckham have similar ceilings, but I believe Evans has the best chance to hit that number than the other guys do.

Why would I draft a RB (McFadden) that I know has a ceiling of playing till week 8 when I can draft another player in the range of a 7th round that can produce similar numbers all year? I dont draft players for a short term security blanket, I draft players for a long term goal to win championships.

• Like 1

Why would I draft a RB (McFadden) that I know has a ceiling of playing till week 8 when I can draft another player in the range of a 7th round that can produce similar numbers all year? I dont draft players for a short term security blanket, I draft players for a long term goal to win championships.

The easy answer to that is this... the player you take in the 7th round is most likely a backup / bye week fill-in. You only intend to start that person 3 to 5 times during the season. If you intend to start that player more often, you'd more than likely draft him sooner than the 7th round. By taking McFadden, you're going to get a guy that you can start 6 times and would expect good results. So from that respect, you're already ahead of the game because you're going to get more starts out of McFadden.

Also, McFadden's weekly ceiling is more than likely a lot higher than another player in the 7th round. So, if Elliott does get hurt, you now have a 1st/2nd round potential player that you took in the 7th round. The player you took most likely won't have that upside.

1. David Johnson

2. Le'Veon Bell

3. Mike Evans

4. Antonio Brown

5. Devonta Freeman

6. Julio Jones

7. Jay Ajayi

8. Jordan Howard

9. Odell Beckham Jr.

10. Ezekiel Elliott

11. A.J. Green

12. Melvin Gordon

13. Michael Thomas

14. LeSean McCoy

15. DeMarco Murray

No jordy?

I can see why there is a debate over this. It can come down to league size/scoring. I'm in a 10 team redraft with scoring which is weighed more heavily toward TD's than it is yards and receptions, and we get bonuses based on longer TD runs. So I have more room to take a chance on a guy who could be special later into the season. Chances are I'm going to be able to get 2 very solid starters, as well as a decent backup while holding Zeke on my bench. If I don't do it at the 7th pick, someone at 8, 9, or 10 will before it gets back to me. Too good of a gamble to pass on.

But I could see being much more hesitant in a 12 teamer or higher. The talent pool in the RBBC happy NFL dries up real fast.

Beware the Sophomore slump, compounded by the rust factor.

(Just throwing it out there. In full disclosure, I have advocated taking him in the late 1st/early 2nd.)

(Just throwing it out there. In full disclosure, I have advocated taking him in the late 1st/early 2nd.)

I don't believe in the sophomore slump.

There is no math that can support the logic of a "handcuff" ..... you can make an argument based on the emotion of it feeling safer, but mathematically drafting Ezekial and drafting McFadden are two separate problems.

There is no math that can support the logic of a "handcuff" ..... you can make an argument based on the emotion of it feeling safer, but mathematically drafting Ezekial and drafting McFadden are two separate problems.

I never target handcuffs, I'm simply giving a rational justification for this specific issue... which I believe is valid based on the expectation of Elliott missing 6 games. Also, in this specific incident, I wouldn't see a downside. Everyone should be drafting players that help you win games. McFadden "should" do that. If you can get a guy that could increase your chances of making the playoffs, don't you do it? I do. If it were 2 games... 3? Then no, I wouldn't draft McFadden in the 7th round. At that point, I'd wait until the 10th round.

Just that you should mathematically validate both decisions individually. Would you draft McFadden there independent of having Zeke? If the answer is no you are taking two bets and parlaying them at higher juice.

Offsetting the possible rust factor is the Jerry factor. Jerry will make sure the Cowboys run Zeke into the ground as his revenge.

I can see why there is a debate over this. It can come down to league size/scoring. I'm in a 10 team redraft with scoring which is weighed more heavily toward TD's than it is yards and receptions, and we get bonuses based on longer TD runs. So I have more room to take a chance on a guy who could be special later into the season. Chances are I'm going to be able to get 2 very solid starters, as well as a decent backup while holding Zeke on my bench. If I don't do it at the 7th pick, someone at 8, 9, or 10 will before it gets back to me. Too good of a gamble to pass on.

But I could see being much more hesitant in a 12 teamer or higher. The talent pool in the RBBC happy NFL dries up real fast.

Factors are;

1. League size

2. Number of rounds/roster spots, and

3. # of teams making playoffs