Sign in to follow this  
yupper

Charles Sims?

I saw a couple tweets earlier from M. Berry & E. Silva talking up Charles Sims. Anybody have any info on this kid. I think TB was high on him before he got hurt. Doug Martin isn't good & the new coaching staff doesn't hold ties to Martin. With the RB position the way it is, do you think the Bucs give this kid a shot?

Complementary back most likely. More of a receiving back than a pounder. Has a chance as Martin and Rainey have concerns and I think the coaching staff would be glad to see someone step up. I wouldn't invest in him as a fantasy starter until he proves something.

you guys are going to miss the bus..not sure what you are talking about but the dude practiced today and has a good chance of starting next week. Don't sleep too long or you are going to miss out on this one. People in other forums are already grabbing him as have I..especially in PPR..dude can catch and draws comparisons to Forte.

• Like 1

I can put in a waiver wire claim and pick him up, or should I c**k block the D. Murray owner and grab J. Randle? There's no guarantee Murray gets hurt, but based on his track record, it's probable. We tend to hoard RB's in our league, and we have deep benches.

Picked him up in both my Dynasty and 14-team redraft. I especially like his prospects in Dynasty as the coaches are very high on him. The comparisons to Forte are very encouraging. He's 6' 214 lbs, so he seems to fit the bill as an every down back.

From Rotoworld:

Charles Sims (ankle, short-term I.R.) practiced on Wednesday and could return to the lineup when he first becomes eligible Week 9. Drafted in the third-round this May, Sims drew comparisons to Matt Forte from Bucs RBs coach Tim Spencer this preseason. The current Tampa Bay regime has no loyalty to either Doug Martin or Bobby Rainey, and could be interested in seeing what they have in Sims down the stretch. He is a nice speculative add in 12-team leagues.

Saw that today as well, thought he was weeks away. Big issue is how the ankle responds to practicing again. We'll know more by the weekend. Saw Sims play last year for WV in the TCU game, he was very impressive and never came off the field.

He's a guy I've been watching all season and now with the positive reports I went ahead and dropped Greene for him who I just got as a throw in on a trade.

No reason not to add him at the cost of a guy like Greene.

debating this also about dropping Knile Davis or Jeremy Hill for Sims.....I've been holding onto both hoping for a Charles or Gio injury, but need a good back with the bye weeks coming up

I don't own either Gio or Charles, just holding out hope for injury....so should I pick up Sims? Would you drop Hill or Davis?

• Like 1

Davis has value only if Charles goes down. Hill has been serviceable in several starts so far this year with stand alone value. Gio is also taking some mega hits this year so I like Hill better.

I love this kids tape. I was beyond impressed. I think he's gonna be a really nice player and I think he's def gonna start over Martin and Rainy. Bucs are done for why not see what they have? Why waste a high pick on him and not give him a

Chance to shine. I was offer

Crowell for him straight up declined.

Davis has value only if Charles goes down. Hill has been serviceable in several starts so far this year with stand alone value. Gio is also taking some mega hits this year so I like Hill better.

I was

Offer hill and Crowell for Sims and Helu. Thoughts? Sims could be pretty good and has an easier way to becoming a starter. Helu might take over for Morris. I do have gio so hill could come in handy. Crowell might win the starting job?

All secondary guys without an injury with Sims being the unknown at this point. He could take that job. Depends on what you need. As long you don't own one of Tate or Gio I don't think they are anymore valuable than Sims and Helu to you. I'd prob roll the dice on Sims getting a shot at the starting spot.

All secondary guys without an injury with Sims being the unknown at this point. He could take that job. Depends on what you need. As long you don't own one of Tate or Gio I don't think they are anymore valuable than Sims and Helu to you. I'd prob roll the dice on Sims getting a shot at the starting spot.

I own gio so I should probably do hill for Helu straight up. But yes the gamble on sims looks tempting. I like following u on here u give great advice.

As NPG pointed out, Sims is practicing again and could see the field week 9 or 10.

Anyone have any kind of reports of seeing him from college? The comparison to Matt Forte seems too good to be true.

I picked him up, my RB situation is horrible and I need a hail mary. I don't need him to be Matt Forte, just need him to be better than Doug Martin.

I love this kid; I stashed him on my 12 team. Bucs could easily go youth 2nd half of season. They spent a 3rd round pick (3.5) on this kid and love his pass catching skills. Dude has super soft hands and worked exclusively out of the shotgun/pistol O for Houston. (transferred to WV sr yr where he caught 45/400/3 TD's) I've read that a few scouts compare his skillz to that of Matty22.

I picked him up hoping that he could be a starter by week 11.

I think you all are forgetting that that O-Line is a disaster and part of the reason Martin and Rainey have been mediocre thus far this season. I loved Sims in college and agree he could be a 3 down beast in the NFL but they need to fix that line or he will do as bad as the other RBs IMO