Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Patriots @ Chiefs AFC Championship Thread

Game temp may be -5F at gametime

I'll be there :banana:

man I am going back and forth on the game its going to be awesome

right now I am leaning Pats, cause I don't think KC can stop White/Edelman, they will struggle as bad if not worse than the Chargers in that aspect. Michel is healthy too

then again I don't think the Pats can stop Hill, Mahomes, Kelce, Watkins and Williams, maybe even a dose of Conley/Robinson

man I am going back and forth on the game its going to be awesome

right now I am leaning Pats, cause I don't think KC can stop White/Edelman, they will struggle as bad if not worse than the Chargers in that aspect. Michel is healthy too

then again I don't think the Pats can stop Hill, Mahomes, Kelce, Watkins and Williams, maybe even a dose of Conley/Robinson

They stopped them in the first meeting. The Chiefs got 40 points because the Chiefs got a short field twice on a fumble recovery deep in new England territory and a 97 yard kickoff runback. The Chiefs got super lucky with both of those ginormous plays AND hit Tyreek Hill for a 75 yard TD and they STILL lost. What happens when luck is more even?

They stopped them in the first meeting. The Chiefs got 40 points because the Chiefs got a short field twice on a fumble recovery deep in new England territory and a 97 yard kickoff runback. The Chiefs got super lucky with both of those ginormous plays AND hit Tyreek Hill for a 75 yard TD and they STILL lost. What happens when luck is more even?

Wait - turnovers and big plays are just lucky? Its clear the The Pats defense is pretty crappy, especially away from Foxboro. And, NE has had its lions share of BS luck for like their entire "dynasty". Lets not even go there.

The Chiefs have the capability to win this game and the majority of the civilized world wants them to. Go Chiefs! ;)

Chiefs S Eric Berry was a full participant at Thursday's practice. Andy Reid said he was practicing at full speed and looks like the Eric Berry of old.

However, reports I've heard said surgery is inevitable in the offseason and for the injury he has it's a short-term recovery. When he did play against San Diego I thought he made an impact, but for whatever reason (fatigue, precaution?) he only played the first half and we didn't see him at all in the second.

Eric Berry practicing again today, giving him a full week of practice :thumbsup:

Sooner or later time wins. Time is undefeated. Lifelong Cowboys fan....and loved watching Brady kick tail year after year after year but.

KC wins at home. 34-20.

Just feel KC is a lot better.

ps.....Brady and Pats sign Antonio Brown next year for 1 final run. Brady aint done

Think that KC will win.

Think that KC will win.

my dad and I watched Whitehouse HS play John Tyler HS at Whitehouse Tx. As you all know JT is the hs of Earl Campbell the Tyler Texas rose. JT has so many accolades as a Football team.

Long story short this game during Mahomes senior year solidified my thoughts of a never give up mindset. Back n forth game. Whitehouse Tx and Mahomes won. They lost later in the playoffs but he just never gave up.

I know Brady is the ultimate bad arse too but feel he has a kid who isn't scared and won't quit. go chiefs

its only happened a few times but pops n i looked at each other and said.....he has the it factor.

excited this weekend should not disappoint

Game temp may be -5F at gametime

Says 25 on my weather.

KC fans are being some divas or just exaggerating Not even going to be that cold.

I think it will be a good game. I got Pats just because. Reid doesnt win these games. Pats do.

I believe there was an early forecast that predicted single digit temps, that was changed to mid 20s later in the week.

I believe there was an early forecast that predicted single digit temps, that was changed to mid 20s later in the week.

Ahhh perhaps.

It has said around zero to -8 here in WNY. So I knew it was going to be warmer in KC. KC isnt florida but -5 would be pretty cold for that part of the country.

too bad this game isn't in Foxboro, that could have been fun with the snow they are predicting.

too bad this game isn't in Foxboro, that could have been fun with the snow they are predicting.

Yeah not many of any snow games this year.

Ahhh perhaps.

It has said around zero to -8 here in WNY. So I knew it was going to be warmer in KC. KC isnt florida but -5 would be pretty cold for that part of the country.

It gets cold as sh1t here to. We can have 106 summers with humidity where you get out of the shower and immediately start sweating, or blistering cold with frigid winds where the wind chill gets sub zero temps. W had several inches of snow yesterday and rains predicted today. Early forecasts were calling for single digit temps with below zero wind chill but the forecast has improved since then. Which in turn impacted ticket prices. Cheapest seat you can find right now is around $250 after fees.

The Patriots, Broncos and Steelers have won 26 of 52 AFC championship games. If the Patriots win tomorrow, the trio will have won OVER 50% of all AFC championship games that have ever been played.

Chiefs S Eric Berry was a full participant at Thursday's practice. Andy Reid said he was practicing at full speed and looks like the Eric Berry of old.

However, reports I've heard said surgery is inevitable in the offseason and for the injury he has it's a short-term recovery. When he did play against San Diego I thought he made an impact, but for whatever reason (fatigue, precaution?) he only played the first half and we didn't see him at all in the second.

Its LOS ANGELES not San Diego.

Its LOS ANGELES not San Diego.

meh whatever

Game likely comes down to the Chiefs 1st two drives. The Chiefs are the most dangerous on their first two drives and Mahomes is so good with a clean pocket. The Patriots need to find their spots to disrupt Mahomes to force some bad throws early. After their first 2 drives, the Chiefs are less potent. I don't think the Chiefs will be able to stop the Patriots offense much all day.

Chiefs win 34-21

A lot has been made of Andy Reid scripting the first drive of the game and how that's been super effective. When the Chiefs score a TD on their 1st drive, they are 9-1. When they don't, they are 4-3.

Because the Patriots are still alive, at least one of the Patriots, Broncos and Steelers have now appeared in the AFC title game in 16 of the 18 games played in the 21st century. The only 2 games where all 3 were absent were in 2009 when the Colts beat the Jets and 2002 when the Raiders beat the Titans.

Because the Patriots are still alive, at least one of the Patriots, Broncos and Steelers have now appeared in the AFC title game in 16 of the 18 games played in the 21st century. The only 2 games where all 3 were absent were in 2009 when the Colts beat the Jets and 2002 when the Raiders beat the Titans.

Who are these "Jets" and "Raiders" you speak of?

Perfect football weather :banana:

You going Mike? :eek:

Perfect football weather :banana:

You going Mike? :eek:

Are you not out there tailgating yet? Get a good 6 hours of food and drink in.

Are you not out there tailgating yet? Get a good 6 hours of food and drink in.

Gates open at 12:30. We'll be there about then

my friend bought a propane grill that attaches to his truck hitch, we have a propane heater and tv to watch the early game. And pbr's and teriyaki chicken kabobs!

Inactives

Patriots: DE Ufomba Kamalu, DE Keionta Davis, TE Stephen Anderson, CB Duke Dawson, C/G James Ferentz, DE Deatrich Wise, DT Danny Shelton

Chiefs: LB Dorian O’Daniel, OL Kahlil McKenzie, OL Jimmy Murray, OL L. Duvernay-Tardif, WR Kelvin Benjamin, TE Deon Yelder, LB Tanoh Kpassagnon

Geesh - another score and you feel like the game is alerady over. Whatever. Time to watch a movie lol. And, zero interest in the Super Bowl if NE makes it. Screw that. Oh well.

Geesh - another score and you feel like the game is alerady over. Whatever. Time to watch a movie lol. And, zero interest in the Super Bowl if NE makes it. Screw that. Oh well.

Wow, when I was growing up as a mets fan I didn't think anyone could hate a team more than I did the yankees, but you take it to another level, props

Wow, when I was growing up as a mets fan I didn't think anyone could hate a team more than I did the yankees, but you take it to another level, props

Funny - Im a Yankees fan so I get it. No reason other than I just want to see someone else play in the SB. Who not living in Boston isnt tired of this nonsense? You can place a good percentage of the blame on the incompetance of the AFC in general. 8 straight AFC tile games? HUH? That says the AFC sucks, really.

Ok, now I'm curious.

What movie?

Were looking over my vast catalog now.... If we do a flick I wont post again though.

Were looking over my vast catalog now.... If we do a flick I wont post again though.

I was thinking Patriot Games

lol