Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion 2017

Look. Hunter pence needed to be locked in just in case edjr came back and claimed the giants Last second

• Like 1

Astros suck, altuve is a buttnugget :mad:

Also, osweiler werds :mad: :mad:

• Like 1

Question: Pedro Alvarez is currently technically a free agent, but as of right now exclusive to me. Can I put him to bed by officially drafting him as an exclusive at the back of the draft, or do I have to waste a "real" front-of-the-draft pick on him, as if I were competing with a mystery owner whose team could sign him?

You can list him where you want. The draft pick becomes official once we get complete to that stage of the draft. If royals would sign him now and I would happen to be up before your next pick then I could actually steal him before you pick again.

I believe that is how this was supposed to be handled in the past.

You can list him where you want. The draft pick becomes official once we get complete to that stage of the draft. If royals would sign him now and I would happen to be up before your next pick then I could actually steal him before you pick again.

I believe that is how this was supposed to be handled in the past.

Got it. If there were a big name guy out there with rumors swirling, though, couldn't that lead to major draft stallage?

sending an e-mail to 29guests if the listed e-mail on his dynasty football league page is up to date.

• Like 1

Hell, I'm finished with my draft. Let him take all the time he wants. (Kidding)

• Like 1

Got it. If there were a big name guy out there with rumors swirling, though, couldn't that lead to major draft stallage?

Possibly but that's where an owner has to decide if and how important a player is to their draft. I don't remember if this was the Abreu or Ibanez clause but yes, a player still unsigned by a new team must be drafted by their exclusive team prior to the draft round taken. Exclusive round picks can be changed or undone by either team as long as tyat team has not completed their picks but regular round picks already past cannot be altered.

So if you to pick Alvarez now in say round 18, and hear that he signs with the bluejays, you could move that pick to round 9 ahead of mine and still retain him. If he signs in KC however cmh could grab him. Boston couldn't touch him because he's done unless you didn't pick him in 9 or 10. Basically boston can't undo an exclusive pick just to get ahead of you but he can change any later pick. If that last part makes sense. He'd have to drop Steven Wright and be stuck with Shaw

sorry for the delay and getting behind. was busy with my mom's dedication ceremony and was at the vet with the cat. :dunno:

sorry for the delay and getting behind. was busy with my mom's dedication ceremony and was at the vet with the cat. :dunno:

How are we supposed to mock that?

Get a dog?

All good now. Continue with your exclusives. Can we assume all your picks here out are such and we proceed?

• Like 1

Yeah I hate to say it but there is no reason yet to skip. Just to berate him incessantly and mock him when he probably picks an exclusive anyways.

You called it. Round 7 and on are exclusives anyway. Lol.

• Like 1

yeah, go ahead, i'll complete everything tomorrow. exclusives, of course. <_<

Possibly but that's where an owner has to decide if and how important a player is to their draft. I don't remember if this was the Abreu or Ibanez clause but yes, a player still unsigned by a new team must be drafted by their exclusive team prior to the draft round taken. Exclusive round picks can be changed or undone by either team as long as tyat team has not completed their picks but regular round picks already past cannot be altered.

So if you to pick Alvarez now in say round 18, and hear that he signs with the bluejays, you could move that pick to round 9 ahead of mine and still retain him. If he signs in KC however cmh could grab him. Boston couldn't touch him because he's done unless you didn't pick him in 9 or 10. Basically boston can't undo an exclusive pick just to get ahead of you but he can change any later pick. If that last part makes sense. He'd have to drop Steven Wright and be stuck with Shaw

What you're saying makes good sense. :thumbsup:

yeah, go ahead, i'll complete everything tomorrow. exclusives, of course. <_<

so does this mean i can finish up in round 9 even if im after 29guests and we share the player? :dunno:

• Like 1

Burt's working nights and went to bed earlier today and sent me a pick just before. I'm sure once he wakes up the first thing he'll do is rub one out for his dog. Right after that I'm guessing he stops by here to make his selection.

And since BC's is on the west coast, we may still get a couple more picks in tonight :thumbsup:

so does this mean i can finish up in round 9 even if im after 29guests and we share the player? :dunno:

That's how I read that post. I would say go ahead.

• Like 1

Fastest draft we've ever had.

Now to find out how big my balls are

• Like 1

fn whiny bitches :D
off to meet with my dad and the real estate agent to sell the house that i grew up in.
will post more later.

Look. Hunter pence needed to be locked in just in case edjr came back and claimed the giants Last second

fock you :P

fn whiny bitches :D

off to meet with my dad and the real estate agent to sell the house that i grew up in.

will post more later.

If there is anything I can do for you, league related, while you're taking care of more important personal stuff just PM me.

• Like 2

My post in rounds 11 and 12

May I please have these two picks removed for 29 guests as no picks have been made after him this round and they are exclusive players? I'm going to move them to the latest available rounds and see what happens when he gets on the clock.

I was going to ask for 9 and 10 to be reversed but a few picks have been made

My post in rounds 11 and 12

May I please have these two picks removed for 29 guests as no picks have been made after him this round and they are exclusive players? I'm going to move them to the latest available rounds and see what happens when he gets on the clock.

I was going to ask for 9 and 10 to be reversed but a few picks have been made

I see no problem with this, on it.

I see no problem with this, on it.

Thanks. Was pointless anyway. Was trying to get Feldman for him.

Needed the 9th :P

Thanks. Was pointless anyway. Was trying to get Feldman for him.

Needed the 9th :P

Yeah I would have much preferred Feldman (or Chavez) over a Melvin. Now a BJ... I'd have taken a BJ first any day.

• Like 1

Everyone is picking my random relief pitchers... I feel like I don't know something

Everyone is picking my random relief pitchers... I feel like I don't know something

That list is long and thorough... :lol:

Agreed

thanks for the effort ww :wub: <_<

• Like 1

thanks for the effort ww :wub: <_<

I rocked those exclusive picks

:P

• Like 2

Question: I thought I had an extra draft spot but I'm all out. Would it be a problem to change one of my exclusives now since the results haven't been entered? No problem if there are any objections...

Quick glance I probably have the most current players - Mets don't have a lot of good former players. I mean I'm trying to grab Rene Rivera at 7 or 8 from WW. Really ? RR ?

Lost out on Beltran and Carlos Gomez. That's about it.

Mets. Sink or swim.

Question: I thought I had an extra draft spot but I'm all out. Would it be a problem to change one of my exclusives now since the results haven't been entered? No problem if there are any objections...

I see no problem as long as it doesn't effect another pick other than your own exclusive.

I see no problem as long as it doesn't effect another pick other than your own exclusive.

Thanks. Change made in the 11/12 round. Will withdraw if there's any objections.

Thanks. Change made in the 11/12 round. Will withdraw if there's any objections.

It still should fit the Ibanez/Abreu clause. He's still your exclusive so there is no issue with you changing an exclusive pick, since we still have other picks to go. If he had signed somewhere and you and that team had both "completed" your draft, then you'd both be locked and have to wait until after the draft and use a WW pick up.

Burt it appeared you conceded the La Stella pick by going Cahill so I posted the 2 mung picks. If I'm wrong let me know. Last pick of the draft is yours at 16.12.

Burt it appeared you conceded the La Stella pick by going Cahill so I posted the 2 mung picks. If I'm wrong let me know. Last pick of the draft is yours at 16.12.

Yeah, I let it go. I doubt La Stella is going to make a difference for either of us so it's cool. I'll make my last pick in a bit. Working on my drone right now. Turns out they aren't designed for crash landings.

• Like 1

really enjoying seeing Davis get shelled and Joey Bats batting a nice .563 with a 1.674 ops :thumbsup:

something tells me im bound to regret that choice all season

really enjoying seeing Davis get shelled and Joey Bats batting a nice .563 with a 1.674 ops :thumbsup:

something tells me im bound to regret that choice all season

hard to trust preseason with pitchers. At the same, hitters are facing pitchers they may not end up seeing in the regular seasonm

Royals just announced their staring rotation of duffy, Hammel, Kennedy, Vargas and Karns and I have all of them :banana:

Chris young and Travis wood headed to the pen