cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

New album by The War on Drugs is great:

Listening now. The first song reminded me a bit of a Paul Westerberg album 14 Songs.

• Like 1

New Quicksand

i saw their guitar player got busted for shoplifting at CVS the other day... Now a three piece.

i saw their guitar player got busted for shoplifting at CVS the other day... Now a three piece.

Atleast it wasn't the bass player. That would leave both Quicksand and the Deftones down a band member.

Digging Band of Horses new record.

Love all their albums. My taste in music has gravitated to this style over the past few years. They are great.

Love all their albums. My taste in music has gravitated to this style over the past few years. They are great.

what's the style?

yeah this and last one i can't stop listening to. gay?

Only if Springsteen, Tom Petty and Don Henley are gay.

So yeah, I guess so.

I checked out the new foo fighters album, it was ok

I checked out the new foo fighters album, it was ok

Take it to the "New Music I'm kinda lukewarm about" thread. :nono:

Sleep Well Beast

How do you feel about it? I've only had time to give it a once through, and it didn't feel right to me. Historically their albums have been very exquisite and somewhat classic, but the songs had a more frenetic and experimental energy when they played them live. But on SWB, it feels like they tried to capture the frenetic and experimental feel on this album, which doesn't really suit their strengths in my opinion.

But they are possibly my favorite band, and the critical reviews have been stellar, so I'll obviously give it 5-40 more listens before I make any negative proclamations that I can't take back.

How do you feel about it? I've only had time to give it a once through, and it didn't feel right to me. Historically their albums have been very exquisite and somewhat classic, but the songs had a more frenetic and experimental energy when they played them live. But on SWB, it feels like they tried to capture the frenetic and experimental feel on this album, which doesn't really suit their strengths in my opinion.

But they are possibly my favorite band, and the critical reviews have been stellar, so I'll obviously give it 5-40 more listens before I make any negative proclamations that I can't take back.

I just got it yesterday. To early to tell, all their albums grew on me after a couple run throughs. I'll repost here this time next week.

Not that new as they have about 5 albums, but I just found them thru Mac Demarco radio on Pandora.

I liked it. :thumbsup:

If you like what the kids are calling post punk and loud music with bitterly acerbic lyrics, I recommend Idles from the U.K.:

Ive had the drugs to sort it out.

While seemingly experimental, and it is, its still classic The National.

Day I Die, Empire Line, Born to Beg, Ill Destroy You are all bonafide The National tracks.

They seem to experiment with Walk it Back and Sleep Well Beast. I find myself actually skipping those songs. Maybe its me, but those are duds. They are trying to hard and it seems forced there.

Carin at the Liquor Store may be my favorite song on the album. Pink Rabbits, but better. I find myself listening to it on my commute 5 minutes before I arrive to work. Gets me in a proper mindset.

Anyway, wanted to revisit this conversation. Id rank them as follows.

1. Boxer

2. High Violet

3. Trouble Will Find Me

4. Sleep Well Beast

5. Alligator

Not really new but The Monitor by Titus Andronicus is my current favorite new (to me) album. They sort of remind me of Springsteen, the Clash and the Pogues. Heres the whole album:

Great video, decent song / sound, but I just can't get behind most of today's band names lol.

Great video, decent song / sound, but I just can't get behind most of today's band names lol.

Portugal. The Man is one of those after xmas gifts I went out and bought myself, "Woodstock" on vinyl. They are playing a bar a few hours down the road in Columbia, MO on Valentine's Day. If it weren't sold out I would ask my wife if that was where she wanted me to take her :banana:

and you've probably heard this one...

Took me forever to find this thread :mad:

Anyhoo, most of you prolly won't like it cause it's kinda a new rap / hip hop / whatever the fock you kids call it these days song, but for me...I enjoy the hell out of it every time I hear it. (usually in a customers car during a test drive. )

Never heard of NF before (to the best of my limited knowledge on new artists), but whomever this fuckhead is, he's pretty damn talented :thumbsup:

Great song

Ive had the drugs to sort it out.

While seemingly experimental, and it is, its still classic The National.

Day I Die, Empire Line, Born to Beg, Ill Destroy You are all bonafide The National tracks.

They seem to experiment with Walk it Back and Sleep Well Beast. I find myself actually skipping those songs. Maybe its me, but those are duds. They are trying to hard and it seems forced there.

Carin at the Liquor Store may be my favorite song on the album. Pink Rabbits, but better. I find myself listening to it on my commute 5 minutes before I arrive to work. Gets me in a proper mindset.

Anyway, wanted to revisit this conversation. Id rank them as follows.

1. Boxer

2. High Violet

3. Trouble Will Find Me

4. Sleep Well Beast

5. Alligator

Just now seeing this post...

I have to admit that I only listened to the album a couple times, and it seemed like right when a song was about to grab me, that's when I'd bail. But I've heard enough good about the album to believe that this one may be on me.........I'm clearly going through a detached period with many aspects of life right now, and even music is seemingly a part of that. I'm going to put this album back on my list and absorb it.

Added Steven Wilson last year in this thread,new project was recently released and definitely a different sound than previous works(at least to me) and very good nonetheless.

This has been in other threads but this is the perfect place for it.

Added Steven Wilson last year in this thread,new project was recently released and definitely a different sound than previous works(at least to me) and very good nonetheless.

Seeing him on back-to-back nights in May. Seattle and Portland. Ninet Tayeb and her band will be opener, so she'll be there for all her SW songs as well. :thumbsup:

Seeing him on back-to-back nights in May. Seattle and Portland. Ninet Tayeb and her band will be opener, so she'll be there for all her SW songs as well. :thumbsup:

Nice,he's not even coming close to Kansas City this time.

Took me forever to find this thread :mad:

Anyhoo, most of you prolly won't like it cause it's kinda a new rap / hip hop / whatever the fock you kids call it these days song, but for me...I enjoy the hell out of it every time I hear it. (usually in a customers car during a test drive. )

Never heard of NF before (to the best of my limited knowledge on new artists), but whomever this fuckhead is, he's pretty damn talented :thumbsup:

Great song

It's a really good song. I heard it a few weeks ago I believe. :thumbsup:

I just realized I never added it to my spotify! Wtf was I thinking?? Good thing you posted this