Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Sony Michel

I took Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, and Karim Hunt in their rookie years on the cheap and placed them under 4 year contracts in my league and it all worked out. Not to mention Antonio Brown and Michael Thomas as rookies for 4 years each mucho cheap. None of them at the time were guaranteed touches. This is the difference between those who follow the crowd and those who do their own work in FF. Good luck to you dude.

That doesnt answer my question but to each his own as I said I respectfully disagree. The key part of my question was on a team that barely runs the ball...

FWIW Im a lot higher on Rashaad Penny than I am Sony Michel, another 1st round pick.

And Chubb went a few picks after Michel, Im higher on Chubb too.

Hyde has looked great but he always gets hurt or plays thru some nagging injury.

I think Chubb and Penny (and Guice too) are simply more talented than Michel and thats just my honest opinion. Michel is a north/south guy not much elusiveness. Add in the fact hes in New England where they spread the ball too much for anyone but Gronk to be truly reliable for fantasy purposes.

The patriots know how good they are with TB12 throwing the ball a million times a game. You think that will suddenly change? Barring injury to Brady of course.

Odd arguments in this thread. Its personal opinion if you consider a college prospect special or not. It was my understanding that Sony was a highly regarded prospect but you cant fault a guy who disagrees.

As for the situation on the Patriots, his position is precarious. If he gets a shot and fumbles, it could be awhile before he gets another one. We have all seen Bill doghouse players. White and Burkhead arent chopped liver, they can play. Sony will get his chance and any outcome is possible. He could flop, take over, split or any combo of the 3. Like I said before, hes worth the risk if the price is right.

Also a sidenote, Tom is 41, at some point he has to stop chucking it all over and lean on the run game. Id say odds are very likely that happens this season. Hes borderline not human otherwise.

• Like 1

When he stops chucking, he won’t be playing anymore.

I don’t see anything else changing this season.

He and the Hoody want another super bowl and the way they play works.

I don’t see why they would change.

• Like 1

When he stops chucking, he wont be playing anymore.

I dont see anything else changing this season.

He and the Hoody want another super bowl and the way they play works.

I dont see why they would change.

As a humble dolphins fan, this is everything. Only way patriots rely on run game anymore than they normally do would be if Brady is missing games or playing with a nagging arm injury.

Odd arguments in this thread. Its personal opinion if you consider a college prospect special or not. It was my understanding that Sony was a highly regarded prospect but you cant fault a guy who disagrees.

As for the situation on the Patriots, his position is precarious. If he gets a shot and fumbles, it could be awhile before he gets another one. We have all seen Bill doghouse players. White and Burkhead arent chopped liver, they can play. Sony will get his chance and any outcome is possible. He could flop, take over, split or any combo of the 3. Like I said before, hes worth the risk if the price is right.

Also a sidenote, Tom is 41, at some point he has to stop chucking it all over and lean on the run game. Id say odds are very likely that happens this season. Hes borderline not human otherwise.

I thought we already established that hes not human lol

Rashad Penny went to a small school and was drafted before Michel, what does that tell you about how the Seahawks feel about Michel?

Maybe its a scheme fit?

Michel is a north/south plodder IMO which belicheck was missing since Blounts big TD season. Although much smaller than Blount, my guess is they drafted Michel to fill that specific void.

Not to run the offense thru him but to be a complementary piece to TB12 and the rest of that well oiled machine.

To expect consistent touches from Michel on a week to week basis seems incredibly risky. I know I know, no guts no glory but to each his own as I stated earlier.

I think Penny and Chubb are better overall talents at their position, And I think by seasons end they both have better chance to be the bellcow on their respective teams.

Rashad Penny went to a small school and was drafted before Michel, what does that tell you about how the Seahawks feel about Michel?

Maybe its a scheme fit?

Michel is a north/south plodder IMO which belicheck was missing since Blounts big TD season. Although much smaller than Blount, my guess is they drafted Michel to fill that specific void.

Not to run the offense thru him but to be a complementary piece to TB12 and the rest of that well oiled machine.

To expect consistent touches from Michel on a week to week basis seems incredibly risky. I know I know, no guts no glory but to each his own as I stated earlier.

I think Penny and Chubb are better overall talents at their position, And I think by seasons end they both have better chance to be the bellcow on their respective teams.

Chubb looked like crap in the preseason.

Michel is not a plodder. He ran a 4.54 with a 1.56 10 yd split. Both are good times.

To compare, Hunt ran a 4.62 and 1.59 close to the same weight.

Michel is not a plodder. He ran a 4.54 with a 1.56 10 yd split. Both are good times.

Michel had over 1200 rushing yards last year in a shared backfield. 7.9 yards per carry.

Lol and how has Michel looked in preaseason?

But to your point, Hunt is not a bad comparison. But even hunt on the patriots wouldnt touch the ball half as many times as he did last year with the chiefs.

Lol and how has Michel looked in preaseason?

But to your point, Hunt is not a bad comparison. But even hunt on the patriots wouldnt touch the ball half as many times as he did last year with the chiefs.

I didn't say anything about how Michel looked. I was pointing out he isn't a plodder and showed a comparison to a similar sized Hunt. I do think there is no way Michel can look as bad as Chubb has

Michel had over 1200 rushing yards last year in a shared backfield. 7.9 yards per carry.

Are stats your only evaluator of talent? Do you actually watch any of these kids play? Chubb averaged 8.1 ypc as a sophomore FWIW. Im sure theres plenty of RBs who averaged high ypc in the nation last year that will still go undrafted.

Michel is a talent but I think Chubb is bigger, stronger, and he ran a quicker 40 time. Watch the Chubb run against Florida. MLB blows that play up and look what Chubb does. Spectacular instincts.

I like both Chubb and Michel, but I'd rather have Michel on my fantasy team because Carlos Hyde isn't going away any time soon.

I didn't say anything about how Michel looked. I was pointing out he isn't a plodder and showed a comparison to a similar sized Hunt. I do think there is no way Michel can look as bad as Chubb has

Clearly youre not watching the games.

Besides week 1 (EMPHASIS ON WEEK 1, as in the first preseason game of your life on the browns who havent won anything in 2 years.) hes looked awesome. What on earth are you talking about?

Please remind yourself hes running behind the Browns 2nd unit lol

Are stats your only evaluator of talent? Do you actually watch any of these kids play? Chubb averaged 8.1 ypc as a sophomore FWIW. Im sure theres plenty of RBs who averaged high ypc in the nation last year that will still go undrafted.

Michel is a talent but I think Chubb is bigger, stronger, and he ran a quicker 40 time. Watch the Chubb run against Florida. MLB blows that play up and look what Chubb does. Spectacular instincts.

Nope, but they help. I think fantasy football is 100% based on stats last I checked. My point is, he didn't suck. And for you to say "what did Michel do this preason?" is flat out a terrible take on things. What did Barkley do this preseason? 1 good run, 3 bad, and then a hamstring injury. So what?

Chubb sucks. Hyde will be the man in Cleveland unless that useless coach keeps being useless. Michel > Chubb. Michel just landed in a more confusing situation. Can't blame the player.

Nope, but they help. I think fantasy football is 100% based on stats last I checked. My point is, he didn't suck. And for you to say "what did Michel do this preason?" is flat out a terrible take on things. What did Barkley do this preseason? 1 good run, 3 bad, and then a hamstring injury. So what?

Chubb sucks. Hyde will be the man in Cleveland unless that useless coach keeps being useless. Michel > Chubb. Michel just landed in a more confusing situation. Can't blame the player.

You score zero fantasy points for college stats last time I checked.

Chubb sucks? Thats harsh lol whats your basis on this?

So Michel 7.9 ypc = god

And Chubb 6.0 ypc = sucks?

How?

You score zero fantasy points for college stats last time I checked.

Chubb sucks? Thats harsh lol whats your basis on this?

So Michel 7.9 ypc = god

And Chubb 6.0 ypc = sucks?

How?

Ok. You got me. I predict Chubb will not do that great in the NFL. I predict he will not compete with Hyde in the long run barring injury of course.

I predict Michel, again barring injury, will outperform Chubb.

Michel was a more dynamic back in college overall by evidence of watching their games.

Ok. You got me. I predict Chubb will not do that great in the NFL. I predict he will not compete with Hyde in the long run barring injury of course.

I predict Michel, again barring injury, will outperform Chubb.

Michel was a more dynamic back in college overall by evidence of watching their games.

Its easy to think that but Chubb was the grinder early in games. Michel was the closer that destroyed the soft defenses that Chubb tired out.

These are all details to remember when evaluating talent, not just stats. In college, they all put up stats.

Its easy to think that but Chubb was the grinder early in games. Michel was the closer that destroyed the soft defenses that Chubb tired out.

These are all details to remember when evaluating talent, not just stats. In college, they all put up stats.

This is true, if you are being drafted in the early rounds of the NFL draft you were usually the top leading whatever in NCAA history of wherever and the most this and that of the last x years.

Also, using the eye test for preseason is fine but take it all with about a mountain of salt. Only the teams themselves know how good their guys look. We only see small fractions of it in vanilla gameplans.

This is true, if you are being drafted in the early rounds of the NFL draft you were usually the top leading whatever in NCAA history of wherever and the most this and that of the last x years.

Also, using the eye test for preseason is fine but take it all with about a mountain of salt. Only the teams themselves know how good their guys look. We only see small fractions of it in vanilla gameplans.

Lol or your alma maters all time leader in every stat. So true haha.

These kids are all just compilers!

Clearly youre not watching the games.

Besides week 1 (EMPHASIS ON WEEK 1, as in the first preseason game of your life on the browns who havent won anything in 2 years.) hes looked awesome. What on earth are you talking about?

Please remind yourself hes running behind the Browns 2nd unit lol

I guess you are talking about Chubb running behind the Browns 2nd unit? Beernuts was talking about Michel. If Chubb is so great and running against 2nd and 3rd unit defenses in the preseason, shouldn't he be shining given your assessment of him?

I guess you are talking about Chubb running behind the Browns 2nd unit? Beernuts was talking about Michel. If Chubb is so great and running against 2nd and 3rd unit defenses in the preseason, shouldn't he be shining given your assessment of him?

I dont care who hes running AGAINST. The browns are absolute trash as evidenced by their last 2 seasons. My point is hes running behind an o-line thats not even starting for the crap browns.

I dont care who hes running AGAINST. The browns are absolute trash as evidenced by their last 2 seasons. My point is hes running behind an o-line thats not even starting for the crap browns.

And yet I think Hyde will be fine. So be it. Just a prediction. Michel > Chubb no matter what.

And yet I think Hyde will be fine. So be it. Just a prediction. Michel > Chubb no matter what.

"No matter what" seems like an awfully dangerous thing to say in fantasy.

I like to roll the punches, but to each his own. I would never tell anyone on here how to run their own team. That's the beauty of fantasy football.

"No matter what" seems like an awfully dangerous thing to say in fantasy.

I like to roll the punches, but to each his own. I would never tell anyone on here how to run their own team. That's the beauty of fantasy football.

How am I telling anyone how to run their team?

I said Hyde>Chubb, and Michel>Chubb.

How is Barkley special and Michel not? That's easy to say for you because neither has done anything in the NFL and you have a bias towards the player that is popular.

good for you.

So you'd rather draft the player that is slower, weaker, less vertical jump, and shows less ability catching passes out of the backfield??

We get it, you love Sony, but he and Barkley are not on the same level.

So you'd rather draft the player that is slower, weaker, less vertical jump, and shows less ability catching passes out of the backfield??

We get it, you love Sony, but he and Barkley are not on the same level.

Beats me. I haven't seen either one of them play a real game in the NFL. There are tons of players in the NFL that had better measurables than others at their position and didn't end up being a better player. David Johnson went in the third round of the draft to Arizona. You overestimate the combine.

Plus you make Michel sound like he is you running the drills instead of a good athlete and player.

Beats me. I haven't seen either one of them play a real game in the NFL. There are tons of players in the NFL that had better measurables than others at their position and didn't end up being a better player. David Johnson went in the third round of the draft to Arizona. You overestimate the combine.

Plus you make Michel sound like he is you running the drills instead of a good athlete and player.

The Cardinals actually were dead set on taking Abdullah and were on deck. The Lions traded up last second and swiped him. The Cards lucked into him big time

The Cardinals actually were dead set on taking Abdullah and were on deck. The Lions traded up last second and swiped him. The Cards lucked into him big time

Good point. You never know. Johnson could have dropped even further.

This is about game footage, the measurables just add to it... Barkley simply has more football skills in addition to being bigger, faster, and more agile. Does that mean he will have a better career? I have no clue.

Also, I was able to watch Johnson multiple times in college... he torched the Hawkeyes D his senior year... I knew some team was going to get a great value. That is quite a bit different though, as UNI isnt on the national radar like UGA or Penn st.

This is about game footage, the measurables just add to it... Barkley simply has more football skills in addition to being bigger, faster, and more agile. Does that mean he will have a better career? I have no clue.

Also, I was able to watch Johnson multiple times in college... he torched the Hawkeyes D his senior year... I knew some team was going to get a great value. That is quite a bit different though, as UNI isnt on the national radar like UGA or Penn st.

Im definitely not putting you down for saying you think Barkley will be better than Michel. But I'm in an auction player contract league and I have made it in my league by contracting Bell at his cost as a rookie. Then Johnson for nothing as a rookie, then Hunt for cheaper than any other big name rookie like Mixon. Everyone and thier mother thinks Barkley is the next greatest RB of all time. You will not get him at a rookie price, even though, he's a rookie. High risk on a terrible team.

How am I telling anyone how to run their team?

I said Hyde>Chubb, and Michel>Chubb.

Youre misunderstanding me.

I disagree with YOU, specifically. But I would never tell you how to run YOUR team.

Thats the beauty of fantasy football.

Lets make all these predictions now and well see who is right or wrong down the road :)

Youre misunderstanding me.

I disagree with YOU, specifically. But I would never tell you how to run YOUR team.

Thats the beauty of fantasy football.

Lets make all these predictions now and well see who is right or wrong down the road :)

Definitely. Good deal.

FWIW I don't think sony was drafted to do or be much this year. he's a good talent, but BB is planning for the future.

A future without Gronk and TB. BB changed the course of league norms with Gronk and Hernandez. That model is played out, so he'll get back to some clock control field position tendencies when that dynasty has run its course. only then will Sony be featured.

This year James White is the back to own imo. going forward sony will be. Stash him now w low expectations and reap rewards in a year or two.

For the record I see Barkley, Royce and maybe Kerryon ahead of Sony this year. Next year Barkley, Chubb, Penny, Sony and Royce will all vie for top ten rb status.

FWIW I don't think sony was drafted to do or be much this year. he's a good talent, but BB is planning for the future.

A future without Gronk and TB. BB changed the course of league norms with Gronk and Hernandez. That model is played out, so he'll get back to some clock control field position tendencies when that dynasty has run its course. only then will Sony be featured.

This year James White is the back to own imo. going forward sony will be. Stash him now w low expectations and reap rewards in a year or two.

For the record I see Barkley, Royce and maybe Kerryon ahead of Sony this year. Next year Barkley, Chubb, Penny, Sony and Royce will all vie for top ten rb status.

I agree with most of what youre saying. I do think Michel has the tools to fit into BBs scheme for a bigger back to pound and grind when need be (I.e. Legarette Blount) but with Burkhead and White on the roster and their pass heavy offense, you would think his usage would be minimal, at least as long as B.B. and TB12 are there.

Thats why I just cannot get excited about this kid for fantasy purposes.

I now have Sony in both my main leagues. His value is too good. Feels like he’s under the radar.

I now have Sony in both my main leagues. His value is too good. Feels like he’s under the radar.

This is the part I think some of the guys here are having a hard time getting and it might be more about timing. If one drafted early in the off-season Michel was going to cost a 1.02-1.04 rookie pick, and I said earlier in this thread I wasn't high on him at that price for may of the reasons others in here have mentioned. But as one poster said he was just able to get Michel at 3% of the cap in his contract league. That's like late 2nd-early 3rd round rookie pick territory. I myself, was able to get him at a very attractive price in my auction format which happened late.

The redraft ADP at a place like FF-calculator and even MFL reflects a far higher ADP than you have to pay right now in a draft because of the process for that calculation.

Michel is being drafted in end of the bench stash value in most redrafts at this point unless you have somebody in your league who is following early season ADP (or on auto-draft) with no idea of what has happened this summer and in dynasty auction formats he is going for a mid- 2nd round pick value.

At his early off-season cost most of the upside-ceiling was priced in but as of right now, most of the downside arguments like committee role and little early season work are actually already priced in and its the ceiling that is not.

This is the part I think some of the guys here are having a hard time getting and it might be more about timing. If one drafted early in the off-season Michel was going to cost a 1.02-1.04 rookie pick, and I said earlier in this thread I wasn't high on him at that price for may of the reasons others in here have mentioned. But as one poster said he was just able to get Michel at 3% of the cap in his contract league. That's like late 2nd-early 3rd round rookie pick territory. I myself, was able to get him at a very attractive price in my auction format which happened late.

The redraft ADP at a place like FF-calculator and even MFL reflects a far higher ADP than you have to pay right now in a draft because of the process for that calculation.

Michel is end of the bench stash value in most redrafts at this point unless you have somebody in your league who is following early season ADP (or on auto-draft) with no idea of what has happened this summer and in dynasty auction formats he is going for a mid- 2nd round pick value.

At his early off-season cost most of the upside-ceiling was priced in but as of right now, most of the downside arguments like committee role and little early season work are actually already priced in and its the ceiling that is not.

I got him for about 2% of cap for 4 years now. Loving it.

Michel is being drafted in end of the bench stash value in most redrafts at this point unless you have somebody in your league who is following early season ADP (or on auto-draft) with no idea of what has happened this summer and in dynasty auction formats he is going for a mid- 2nd round pick value.

Pretty much. He can sit on my bench until he breaks out and gets his chance. Can’t beat the value.