Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Have to give Cora credit. Betts was out. Boegarts in a long slump, Price unreliable and 1st and second base in flux. He's got them on top still.

Problem being, when they inevitably play in the wild card play in game, who does he start?

Steven Wright?

Problem being, when they inevitably play in the wild card play in game, who does he start?

Steven Wright?

A WC game is bad for either the Yanks or Sox. Seattle and Houston have stoppers. Division means a lot this year.

Houston just ripped off 12 in a row, lost last night.

Seemingly the 5 playoff spots in the AL are a lock.

Going to be a TON of sellers at the deadline in 4 weeks.

Red Sox have nothing to trade, minor league system is empty.

AL is strong. Playoffs shouid be great.

only 1 game out of the first pick in the draft. A lot of crap left in the bullpen with Herrera gone and no real closer, a hurt Jorge Soler, starting pitchers sucking and we are sucking hard for that first pick in next year's draft :headbanger:

Sox do have stuff to trade, they'll just have to get creative with their current roster. They aren't going to pull in a stud anywhere but they can get better fits within the system if they start looking at packaging JBJ. Swihart or Travis.

Yankee heroics once again. This team is good.

Yankee heroics once again. This team is good.

They will win the division by 10, when all is said and done.

It will never happen, but the Red Sox should be sellers, not buyers. Price, Sale and Porcello suck in the playoffs, not worth it.

Dumbo has decimated the farm system. No way they can compete with the Yankees for the next 5 to 10 years if they don't sell now.

KImbrel 2019 FA (could get a boatload for him)

Chris Sale 2020 FA

Porcello 2020 FA

Boegarts 2020 FA

Betts 2021 FA

Selling Kimbrel and Boegarts would be smart. Both would fetch big returns. They'll still make the playoffs and maybe the can buy smaller pieces to make something work but they do need to restock.

Jays also need to sell.

Donaldson - deminished return, clear space for Vlad Jr

Happ - solid return

Estrada - push

Loup - prospect maybe for a lefty reliever

Tepera - now closing and throwing career best. Controlled through 2021 could get a good amount

Fixed...

Oh. I thought this thread was about the 2018 MLB season. That the Yankees are dominating. Is it something else?

Dumbo has decimated the farm system. No way they can compete with the Yankees for the next 5 to 10 years if they don't sell now.

Nice that it isn't our farm system he is decimating anymore.

Cubs closer Morrow hurt his back taking off his pants.

I guess he doesnt put his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Yanks get swept in Tampa. The Rays are a pretty good bad team. Yankees need a pitcher.

Ya wanna know who deserves the first pick next year? Look at that run differential baby :banana:

Yanks get swept in Tampa. The Rays are a pretty good bad team. Yankees need a pitcher.

I was away all weekend, did not see this.

still .667 clip.

Rays are 9.5 back in Wild Card

Angels are 6, they might have a slight chance, but should be sellers soon

AL seems pretty set outside of surges or falls. I know we aren't even at the All-Star break but the trends and expectations don't seem to be that off.

The NL though... Atlanta and Phily at the top of the East. The Braves were supposed to be a year out. The Phils were in full rebuild supposedly. Nats can't get out out of there own way and take this division.

Central is a battle of 3 teams. +/- for all 3.

West has the Dodgers trying to get healthy to play to potential, DBacks out-performing potential a bit and Giants... well it is an even numbered year so they should make the playoffs and scare people for no good reason.

very tough being a Rays fan.

watching this afternoons game and they have Alvarado pitching, then they bring in Chaz Roe to face a righty, so they move Alvarado to first base and put their firstbaseman in the outfield so they can get 1 out and then put Alvarado back on the mound, as i type this the bases are now loaded.

this team is just too numbers driven on top of the fact they cant ever build a steady roster.

very tough being a Rays fan.

watching this afternoons game and they have Alvarado pitching, then they bring in Chaz Roe to face a righty, so they move Alvarado to first base and put their firstbaseman in the outfield so they can get 1 out and then put Alvarado back on the mound, as i type this the bases are now loaded.

this team is just too numbers driven on top of the fact they cant ever build a steady roster.

Bauers looks like he can play. Keirmaier leaves you wanting more. Duffy needs to bulk up a little. They shouid get a decent haul for Archer if they deal him.

Bauers looks like he can play. Keirmaier leaves you wanting more. Duffy needs to bulk up a little. They shouid get a decent haul for Archer if they deal him.

Duffy is JAG

Bauers is a good player, not the kind of pop you want in a first baseman but a solid player.

Keirmaier is a stud. He just can't stay on the field because of his aggressive style in the field on on the basepaths. I believe he has the most defensive runs saved over the last 3 years and that includes the significant chunks of time he has spent on the DL. He is arguable the best defensive player in the game.

Blake Snell looks like one of the best young pitchers and while I love arhcer, I agree that if he doesn't show some improvement, he probably needs to get dealt. The thing is, the Rays have so much middling talent in the minors there isn't really room for all of them.

Adames looks like the real deal as well.

It's just frustrating when they trade a guy like Longoria (despite his contract) for garbage when he was the one guy you could say just pay him and let him play his whole career as a Ray. Face of the franchise.... and he was raking pretty well in San Fran before getting hurt. Trading Colome was tough as well

Mallex Smith has the speed and defense to be a cornerstone in left or right field and I believe Faria is a good enough 4th SP at the major league level. A big key is going to be the recovery of Honeywell. If they trade Archer and Honeywell doesn't come back strong, they will have a hard time being the usual Rays who have relied on great pitching.

Guys i'd like to see traded before the deadline : Hechavarria, Duffy, Gomez

Guys I don't want to be traded but likely will : Wilson Ramos (he's a stud) and Chris Archer.

Wilson Ramos

I know that he got hurt, but I never understood why the Nats didn't attempt to resign him...

AL seems pretty set outside of surges or falls. I know we aren't even at the All-Star break but the trends and expectations don't seem to be that off.

The NL though... Atlanta and Phily at the top of the East. The Braves were supposed to be a year out. The Phils were in full rebuild supposedly. Nats can't get out out of there own way and take this division.

Central is a battle of 3 teams. +/- for all 3.

West has the Dodgers trying to get healthy to play to potential, DBacks out-performing potential a bit and Giants... well it is an even numbered year so they should make the playoffs and scare people for no good reason.

Yeah, Im a homer, but the Cubs still look like the best team in the NL. Anything could happpen, but I believe they will pull away after the break. Too much talent not to.

I know that he got hurt, but I never understood why the Nats didn't attempt to resign him...

wouldnt shock me if they traded for him

Another round of the greatest rivalry in sports this weekend. Enjoy!

Michigan-Ohio State game already?

Islanders/Rangers don't play until October

Islanders/Rangers don't play until October

Right...

You also have Auburn-Alabama, Duke-North Carolina...

Please. Yanks/Sox play 18 times a year and nearly sell out every game. I doubt that stupid football game could do that, even filling half the stadium. It's no contest. And nobody outnside of those states GAF. HTH.

How did you know my youngest sons 8U all Star team is squaring off against their rival tonight in round 1 of this weekends tournament?

They took 2nd in last weekends tournament, winning 4 straight to get to the ship where they got shellacked. My son was 16 for 18 with 2 HRs.

MLB is great, but watching 8 yr olds play ball this well is way more fun. I could do this all summer long if the kids were into it.

Odd stat of the day - Mike Trout has never hit a HR at Fenway Park. He has 4+ HR at every other AL stadium.

That is odd. Doesnt know what to do with the monster I guess.

How did you know my youngest sons 8U all Star team is squaring off against their rival tonight in round 1 of this weekends tournament?

They took 2nd in last weekends tournament, winning 4 straight to get to the ship where they got shellacked. My son was 16 for 18 with 2 HRs.

MLB is great, but watching 8 yr olds play ball this well is way more fun. I could do this all summer long if the kids were into it.

Nice. Those were great days. Enjoy.

Please. Yanks/Sox play 18 times a year and nearly sell out every game. I doubt that stupid football game could do that, even filling half the stadium. It's no contest. And nobody outnside of those states GAF. HTH.

:lol:

Another classic drubbing. And it would be nice if the Red Sox didn't wear their softball jerseys when they play on the big stage.

Another classic drubbing. And it would be nice if the Red Sox didn't wear their softball jerseys when they play on the big stage.

:cry:

Midway Point

AL MVP Betts

NL MVP Freeman

AL CY Verlander

NL CY Scherzer

AL ROY Ohtani

NL ROY Soto

Midway Point

AL MVP Betts

NL MVP Freeman

AL CY Verlander

NL CY Scherzer

AL ROY Ohtani

NL ROY Soto

im not sure Verlander (and hes one of my favorites) is the best SP on his own team right now.

1 Morton, C HOU 10 1 2.54 16 16 0 0 95.2 67 30 27 11 39 122 .195 1.11

2 Cole, G HOU 9 2 2.50 17 17 0 0 111.2 67 34 31 13 36 151 .173 0.92

2 McCullers HOU 9 3 3.55 17 17 0 0 101.1 79 44 40 10 38 106 .215 1.15

2 Verlander HOU 9 4 2.12 18 18 0 0 118.2 78 30 28 11 24 144 .183 0.86