Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Lynch or Calvin Johnson?

For standard leagues who would you take with the 6th pick? I know lynch is usually a good producer but everyone seems down on him this year

- let's put it this way ... there is a slight chance Lynch falls to you in second round ... but Calvin would probably be snagged with the 7th overall pick if you passed.

done.

Lynch. Guy is a stud. I don't get the hate.

I agree. He's not some old geezer and he's just rattled off 2 great seasons for a good team that lives to run. My favorite are the myths about timeshares and even more ridiculous, Christine Michael talk. A 100% product of paranoid fantasy talk, zero basis in the actual nfl. The kid is not even the backup or change of pace guy. You can basically pencil in Marshawn for 280 1200 10 minimum.

Lacy is going at 5 in this scenario?

Yes. I've found lacy going right after forte more than lynch. And I've had lynch the past two years and he has always been consistent and really takes off during playoffs. However this year everyone has been doubting him which makes you wonder who to choose between him and Johnson.

For standard leagues who would you take with the 6th pick? I know lynch is usually a good producer but everyone seems down on him this year

C johnson .. But like some of the others said , at number six you could get Lacy or even Ball and both i like over Lynch . Some time them wheels are going to fall off , hard to say if this is that season , but it would not surprise me .

Can someone explain to me why a top 5 back the last 2 years is falling to the 2nd round? He has no competition on a run first team

Its just the mileage. Since Rbs dont gradually decline like other positions, they fall off a cliff, its better to give up on a RB too early than too late.Ask Steven jackson, MJD, and Ray Rice owners from last year. Those aging guys cost early picks and will sink your team if they dont produce.

That being said, i couldnt totally pass up Lynch and got him with an early 2nd in my league. but im making sure i have a plan in place if the wheels come off.

In answer to the OP, Calvin is a much safer #1 pick, and you want to make sure the #1 pick produces, so go with him. Also there's about 15-20 RBs in the next tier that are all a toss-up. So if you dont love any of them in particular, take a WR stud, and then take whatever RBs available in rounds 2-4 , and you will come out better.